QAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

It's his first year watching the qafl after been overseas for a few years. Makes it hard to know the players attributes.

I read that Trewella and Chad Owens were also giving their input. So can't go attacking the one man

Any top 50 count will always have opinions It's just a bit of fun really for the off season

Any player movement news?

Heard PBC in discussions with Grayson, gun player if his body holds up.

Maggies with Harwood, wonder if he brings any of his mates with him.

Hearing grange may be the beneficiaries of the player exodus at Aspley.

Labrador will no doubt re-load and I'd expect some recruits perhaps from down south.

At the cats word around camp is that the boys are staying which is encouraging, and hopefully be able to recruit a couple to replace the retiring sans bury

Heard a couple of whispers that some members within Sandgate and Surfers both have concerns about their long term ability to compete in the comp.

No doubt the difference between the haves and have nots is a concern for the comp

You would know more Premier from Broady's perspective but talk is both your club and Palmy are feasting on a heap of Southport Players?
Hearing Baxter, Pantic, Erickson and Fowler all signing at your club?
Grayson, Holland and Anthony to Palmy?

I wonder if any established players are going to Sharks? They'll end up with a new list.
Also has Mills retired?

You would know more Premier from Broady's perspective but talk is both your club and Palmy are feasting on a heap of Southport Players?
Hearing Baxter, Pantic, Erickson and Fowler all signing at your club?
Grayson, Holland and Anthony to Palmy?

I wonder if any established players are going to Sharks? They'll end up with a new list.
Also has Mills retired?

Ive heard that as well,,, but no one has signed yet ,, its just the normal off season recruitment discussions between player and club .
In addition ,,, the strusture of the NEAFL ,,is at a stage where Southport , Aspley and Redland players have had enough ... this exodus is to be expected.

Ive heard that as well,,, but no one has signed yet ,, its just the normal off season recruitment discussions between player and club .
In addition ,,, the strusture of the NEAFL ,,is at a stage where Southport , Aspley and Redland players have had enough ... this exodus is to be expected.

Also , Pantic and Erickson are Broadbeach players anyway ,,, dont forget the number of players Southport have playing for them that are Broadbeach players ,,,so dont talk about feasting ..!!!!

Let me show you a list of Broadbeach players that Southport got from us in 2017 ;
CHADWICK 18 GAMES
ERICKSON 16 AND 2 FOR US
MCKENZIE 14 AND 1
PANTIC 9 AND 6
O SHEA 8 AND 10
LANCESTER 8 AND 10
KERR 1 AND 13
THATS 74 GAMES FOR SOUTHPORT AND 42 FOR BROADBEACH ....
AND IF YOU TAKE KERR OUT OF THE STATS ,, THATS 73 FOR SOUTHPORT AND 29 FOR BROADY ..
THATS A HUGE PART OF OUR PLAYERS MOVING ON TO SEE IF THEY CAN PLAY AT A HIGHER LEVEL AND I RESPECT THAT !!!!
WHAT IM SAYING IS THE FACT THAT MANY PLAYERS COMPETING IN THE NEAFL COMP ARE NO LONGER HAPPY PLAYING IN THIS COMP AND BE PREPARED FOR A EXODUS OF PLAYERS BACK TO LOWER LEVEL COMPS ..

One more item ,,, about feasting ,, Southport have approached one of our better players and offered him $ 700 a game .. which is most likely at least $ 500 a game more then what we can pay him !!!!
So dont talk about feasting by Broady and Palm Beach !!

Grange are "feasting" on a lot of Aspley players im hearing as well. Thomson, French, daye and Hughes so far. The tide has turned and the QAFL will be the big winner as players in the NEAFL have realised they are just pawns in the AFL clubs development comp

Let me show you a list of Broadbeach players that Southport got from us in 2017 ;
CHADWICK 18 GAMES
ERICKSON 16 AND 2 FOR US
MCKENZIE 14 AND 1
PANTIC 9 AND 6
O SHEA 8 AND 10
LANCESTER 8 AND 10
KERR 1 AND 13
THATS 74 GAMES FOR SOUTHPORT AND 42 FOR BROADBEACH ....
AND IF YOU TAKE KERR OUT OF THE STATS ,, THATS 73 FOR SOUTHPORT AND 29 FOR BROADY ..
THATS A HUGE PART OF OUR PLAYERS MOVING ON TO SEE IF THEY CAN PLAY AT A HIGHER LEVEL AND I RESPECT THAT !!!!
WHAT IM SAYING IS THE FACT THAT MANY PLAYERS COMPETING IN THE NEAFL COMP ARE NO LONGER HAPPY PLAYING IN THIS COMP AND BE PREPARED FOR A EXODUS OF PLAYERS BACK TO LOWER LEVEL COMPS ..

what are you on about?

Every club has NEAFL listed players aligned with them. Every club also has a bunch of their juniors playing NEAFL

Why do you keep flogging this dead horse like it only impacts on Broady?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does it, are you sure?

by your numbers, you got 42 games this year from NEAFL listed players.

I bet thats more than some clubs.

I imagine Morningside have less, and also have more guys than Broady playing at a higher level too.

If a bloke is on a NEAFL list, he's not your player. The fact you got any games from them is luck, or you deliberately went after them in the mini draft.

Does it, are you sure?

by your numbers, you got 42 games this year from NEAFL listed players.

I bet thats more than some clubs.

I imagine Morningside have less, and also have more guys than Broady playing at a higher level too.

If a bloke is on a NEAFL list, he's not your player. The fact you got any games from them is luck, or you deliberately went after them in the mini draft.

Fan man ,
YOU ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING WHERE IM COMING FROM HERE !!!
ANY WAY ,, LET IT REST ,, NO NEED TO CHALLENGE EACH OTHER ON OUR OPINIONS.. AGREE

You posters have no idea where im coming from and the reason why this is a negative to Broadys team selection come game day !!!!
Wow, I thought you would be up to speed with what im saying !!!
Anyway ,, i rest my case ,, and let u guys work it out ... lol

You posters have no idea where im coming from and the reason why this is a negative to Broadys team selection come game day !!!!
Wow, I thought you would be up to speed with what im saying !!!
Anyway ,, i rest my case ,, and let u guys work it out ... lol

The AFLQ awarded Broady coach , Brett Andrews ,,coach of the year ,,,, not just because he lifted the the club from 7th to third over the past season,, He won it because of a number of other reasons ,,, be it the hurdles he faced at selection table every week ,,unable to field a side that is a consistent list on game day !!!! when u have a regular 5 to 9 changes every week to ur side ... well thats difficult .. is the penny dropping u guys now .

I can see where you are coming from stu.

But have to agree with the others, every club has 5+ changes every week not knowing what southport or academy players they will get for the week.

It definitely changes teams' balance it's just about who can handle it best.

And as a lot of people have said on this forum before.... awards from aflq is like a lucky dip

Broady hardly had it bad compared to the Brisbane QAFL sides. They have Southport, GC Suns NEAFL and Suns Academy on the GC, that impact on the week to week lists of Labrador, Broady, PBC and Surfers.

In Brisbane there are 3 NEAFL sides and an academy plucking players from 5 clubs on a week to week basis, not to mention GWS NEAFL side plucking players during the year as well!

4 teams effected by 3 vs 5 teams effected by 5....

I noticed at some clubs, NEAFL guys were playing QAFL 2's because they didn't want their continuity impacted in the 1s.

I can see where you are coming from stu.

But have to agree with the others, every club has 5+ changes every week not knowing what southport or academy players they will get for the week.

It definitely changes teams' balance it's just about who can handle it best.

And as a lot of people have said on this forum before.... awards from aflq is like a lucky dip

Agree with this.

But Stuyd whilst you are probably correct in saying the Cats are hit more than most , this is in part our choice.

For example we could encourage academy kids like Boakye, Burke, Kempe, Bowie etc to align with other clubs. None of these are Broady juniors. But the club quite rightly looks to accomodate these players as they are talented and are good for us when available. Obviously then we can’t sook when the suns need them for top ups. We can’t have it both ways.

To me whinging about the system provides players and coaches with an excuse for poor performance so I reckon like Dezario says let’s get on with it and manage it the best we can

Agree with this.

But Stuyd whilst you are probably correct in saying the Cats are hit more than most , this is in part our choice.

For example we could encourage academy kids like Boakye, Burke, Kempe, Bowie etc to align with other clubs. None of these are Broady juniors. But the club quite rightly looks to accomodate these players as they are talented and are good for us when available. Obviously then we can’t sook when the suns need them for top ups. We can’t have it both ways.

To me whinging about the system provides players and coaches with an excuse for poor performance so I reckon like Dezario says let’s get on with it and manage it the best we can
Well said. And the same could be said with the Southport players. Every QAFL team would love to play with these NEAFL/Academy players all season, but they can't!
It's a compromised competition and to try and argue one club is more disadvantaged than the others through a whole season is not possible because in reality, as one poster pointed out, the QAFL teams are borrowing these players to their advantage. Not losing them which is the argument being made.

No different to the what if our best player wasn't injured all year, this player didnt leave to go interstate, that team didn't bring in an ex afl player for a handfull of games at the end of the season.

You play with what you have on the day. The uncontollables will always happen.

Perhaps Stuyd1 you should be working on the committee to convince these Southport players to sign with Broadbeach next year so Southport can't steal them.

A couple of good signings by Surfers.

Overall they did ok last year to remain competitive throughout after losing a few good players from the previous year.

Blokes like Fenton are worth their weight in gold, help bring the boys together.

I expect improvement from the D’s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back