QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

As we know, Broadbeach have lost 5 regular senior players from 2018 .... over the next few days they will be announcing their recruits for 2019 and from what I ve heard these recruits will outweigh the losses so to speak ... looking forward to the announcements from the club.

Any qafl clubs interested in playing noosa at noosa in a practise match on March 10 th or 11th please let us know we have a practise game on March 3 rd vs Broadbeach just need another on e the following weekend prior to season starting

A bit of news from Broadbeach ,,,,, they have retained 2 guns in Erickson and Fowler.
And have announced the first 2 of their recruits ,,,, first one being a 21 year old from South Cairns whom has already played in 3 premierships , won a couple B & F at club level and won the league best and fairest this season gone.
Second one is a guy from the Black Diamond comp whom has similiar accolades as the first guy and also represented the NSW State team this season gone.
Some high credentials there and they should fit in fairly well at QAFL level.

A bit of news from Broadbeach ,,,,, they have retained 2 guns in Erickson and Fowler.
And have announced the first 2 of their recruits ,,,, first one being a 21 year old from South Cairns whom has already played in 3 premierships , won a couple B & F at club level and won the league best and fairest this season gone.
Second one is a guy from the Black Diamond comp whom has similiar accolades as the first guy and also represented the NSW State team this season gone.
Some high credentials there and they should fit in fairly well at QAFL level.

The second guy also won the league B & F THIS SEASON.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose the arguement would Be will it keep clubs from going broke?
Playing devils advocate, and I don’t know the answer, but what would the 3rd tier rl comp in melb be paying their players? I think we live in a false economy sometimes
Valid point smy and I too don’t have an answer.from what I’m hearing the neafl will be totally restructured in 2020 so if clubs like Southport Aspley and Redlands return to the qafl it will be very strong and I think a minimum salary point is viable.not sure now though!i know the points system is keeping it pretty real down on the peninsula with clubs concentrating much moreso now on keeping their lists together for as long as possible and even the unheard of story of Nathalia winning their forth flag in a row in the murray league with every player a one pointer!at noosa we pay well over the qafl minimum infact just our fifty bucks per win and cash awards would nearly cover it without having your so called standouts or marquee players

You spent all your money on beans and Harwood. Everyone else play for a bar tab ?
all the conspiracy theories in the world don't change the fact that they both live about 2 mins drive from the club and we're lucky to have them.

Both of them were/are mates with blokes at the club as well, and thats been fortunate as well.

Didn't grange offer Harwood $30k last year? Must hurt to see him somewhere else for much less than that? (unless Tommo is a fat liar...?)

all the conspiracy theories in the world don't change the fact that they both live about 2 mins drive from the club and we're lucky to have them.

Both of them were/are mates with blokes at the club as well, and thats been fortunate as well.

AFL players don’t play for donuts Thommo...

Ablett,
Broady have lost lost 8 players from the 2018 Grand Final side .....apparently have recruited 5 plus good players but no confirmation of this yet.
I know its early days , but we have a big challenge in front of us to maintain the status quo 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back