QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

To add ,,,, if Palm Beach beat us easy eg by 6 , 8 , or 10 goals plus ,, with tomorrows side, what will they do with a near full list on game day !!!!!!!
Geez,, no one will get near them ...

Interesting round. Lions v cats is match of the day but plenty of interest in surfers v mt Gravatt Surfers and lab Morningside too.

I suspect the Lions have had one eye on the game for a couple of weeks am expecting both sides to have a great crack at it I’ll tip the cats in a close one but I’m biased.

I’m tipping Labrador with an injection of speed from the academy to get over Morningside and make finals a difficult proposition for the panthers. Couple of goals in it.

Surfers will be honest but won’t have the cattle to go with the vultures. By 6 goals.

And I’m tipping the maggies to cash in on a Sandgate let down by 12 goals

Palm Beach by 3 goals over Broady today in front of a big crowd of about 800 plus,
Broady lost gun player in Erickson before game start which was a big blow .
Very windy, and Palmy belted 6 goals to one in the first quarter . Broady outscored them for the rest of the game and got within 11 points in the last quarter ..but must say Palmy were o good on the day .. with Jed Turner dominating all day.

Palm Beach by 3 goals over Broady today in front of a big crowd of about 800 plus,
Broady lost gun player in Erickson before game start which was a big blow .
Very windy, and Palmy belted 6 goals to one in the first quarter . Broady outscored them for the rest of the game and got within 11 points in the last quarter ..but must say Palmy were o good on the day .. with Jed Turner dominating all day.

Jed Turner definitely was the difference. Palmy won’t see him again though. Was a gutsy win with 5 of their best out. Very windy. Good crowd.

Labrador are struggling big time. I saw only 2 players named in their best. Must have a need a bad day for them at jack Esplen

Yep Jed Turner clearly best afield. Without him and who knows? But you look at what palmy had out and the fact that our boys had a crack today and couldn’t get it done I’m wondering who is going to beat them.

It’s amazing Labrador had some successful years have lost a couple of players but it really shows that it’s hard to stay up for a long period of time. There’s still good players on their list but they probably aren’t as hungry as they have been. Other teams are more motivated and probably worked harder over summer.

I’m sure they will improve and be dangerous when they do but it would better happen soon or the year will be gone.

They’ve been held back the last few years due to having a draconian coach who’d lost touch with the modern game.
Now Sandgate have a modern coach and they are moving forward, they’ll get a few more wins too , especially at home ?

Both seniors and reserves finished on the bottom of the ladder. Which direction are you talking about??

Glad to see opinions are changing in regards to the direction at Sandgate. Fantastic coach with some great young talent. There will be lows like the weekends results but they have a chance to build something special.

Glad to see opinions are changing in regards to the direction at Sandgate. Fantastic coach with some great young talent. There will be lows like the weekends results but they have a chance to build something special.

Can’t question your optimism after a 20 goal loss. No doubt there’s some positive signs but lets judge the path they are on later in the season. Hopefully they bounce back next week.

I saw a video clip on Facebook here with Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy saying AFL reserves comp definitely coming in for next TV rights deal 2021. Interesting to see what happens to QLD should it proceed.

Also in the more immediate future AFLQ looking for a 10th QAFL club possibly from sunny coast.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.a...tory/679a05ee21598135cb408afe607b5f1e?login=1

I’m not sure any of the clubs would want to come up though.

Can’t question your optimism after a 20 goal loss. No doubt there’s some positive signs but lets judge the path they are on later in the season. Hopefully they bounce back next week.

I saw a video clip on Facebook here with Dwayne Russell and Gerard Healy saying AFL reserves comp definitely coming in for next TV rights deal 2021. Interesting to see what happens to QLD should it proceed.

Also in the more immediate future AFLQ looking for a 10th QAFL club possibly from sunny coast.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.a...tory/679a05ee21598135cb408afe607b5f1e?login=1

I’m not sure any of the clubs would want to come up though.

I agree and have said before that the road will be long and improvement should be judged over the next 12-24 months.

Wowsers, Jed Turner - what a player. Won the game on his own. just watched the replay via the QAFL channel (great nnovation!)

Watched Mt gravatt live on Saturday to check the hype. Highly overrated, seems to have come up against sides each week missing key players and keep just limping over the line. From what I've seen, they are well behind PBC, Broadbeach and Magpies despite having beaten 2 of those 3.

Geez Morningside must have been poor last week to lose to the witches hats that took the field on Saturday night!

Good Maroochy lad is Jed.

Can only beat who is put up Fan - considering where they were at last year I think the mounties are going alright. Sitting on top aren't they??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wowsers, Jed Turner - what a player. Won the game on his own. just watched the replay via the QAFL channel (great nnovation!)

Watched Mt gravatt live on Saturday to check the hype. Highly overrated, seems to have come up against sides each week missing key players and keep just limping over the line. From what I've seen, they are well behind PBC, Broadbeach and Magpies despite having beaten 2 of those 3.

Geez Morningside must have been poor last week to lose to the witches hats that took the field on Saturday night!

Bit different watching a screen Fan. We weren't too bad imo. Mt Gravatt big improvers - clearly benefitting from some added cattle as well as good coaching. Not sure how they are well behind. The evidence suggests otherwise. Magpies are the ones to watch. Big improvement left in them if they can win a few tight ones. Still can't believe Labrador will miss but geez it will be a mighty effort from here.
Think 3rd to 6th will be jostling for the five.
My mail was that Palmy v Broady was an average standard - plenty of errors between the arcs. Unanimous BOG to Turner by the sounds.

As for AFL reserves - if true for 2021 - don't make any changes till then!!
Aspley, Sharks and Bombers will be enough of an adjustment.

Wasn't criticising Surfers, just commenting on Mt Gravatt. Bit of luck, out of their control - but several close wins, all against good sides missing key players. Ran into Magpies Round 1 with 3 or 4 of their best 10 missing, then Labrador missing about 10 of their best 12! Then broady missing 2 or 3 key players, and then Surfers without a couple of their better players.

Can only beat whats in front of you, but they have been lucky to come up against underdone sides almost every week. I know a few old Mounties from the 80's and they have the chests puffed out down the pub, think they are in for a shock when the whips are cracking.

Bit different watching a screen Fan. We weren't too bad imo. Mt Gravatt big improvers - clearly benefitting from some added cattle as well as good coaching. Not sure how they are well behind. The evidence suggests otherwise. Magpies are the ones to watch. Big improvement left in them if they can win a few tight ones. Still can't believe Labrador will miss but geez it will be a mighty effort from here.
Think 3rd to 6th will be jostling for the five.
My mail was that Palmy v Broady was an average standard - plenty of errors between the arcs. Unanimous BOG to Turner by the sounds.

As for AFL reserves - if true for 2021 - don't make any changes till then!!
Aspley, Sharks and Bombers will be enough of an adjustment.

Palmy vs Broady game was a very contested game which forced a lot of errors by players and the extremely windy conditions certainly played havoc with kicking and marking..

Wasn't criticising Surfers, just commenting on Mt Gravatt. Bit of luck, out of their control - but several close wins, all against good sides missing key players. Ran into Magpies Round 1 with 3 or 4 of their best 10 missing, then Labrador missing about 10 of their best 12! Then broady missing 2 or 3 key players, and then Surfers without a couple of their better players.

Can only beat whats in front of you, but they have been lucky to come up against underdone sides almost every week. I know a few old Mounties from the 80's and they have the chests puffed out down the pub, think they are in for a shock when the whips are cracking.

Assuming those sides actually make the finals. Player management is a skill too imo.

At this moment of the season I reckon top 5 ladder will end up being;
Palm beach
Broadbeach
Mt Gravatt
Magpies
Morningside

Cannot see Labrador making it ,,, they still have a decent list but geez whats wrong there .. !!!
anyway still a long way to go and form, game day performance , injury tolls ,, will determine the final standings .. lol

At this moment of the season I reckon top 5 ladder will end up being;
Palm beach
Broadbeach
Mt Gravatt
Magpies
Morningside

Cannot see Labrador making it ,,, they still have a decent list but geez whats wrong there .. !!!
anyway still a long way to go and form, game day performance , injury tolls ,, will determine the final standings .. lol

From what I've seen, and I now watch all the game if time allows it (how good is the option to watch HD replays?!) I suspect it will look like this at the end of the year.

PBC
Sherwood
Broady
Surfers
Mounties

Siders
Labrador
Sandgate
Grange

if PBC are full strength, can't see them being touched come finals. They may drop a game here or there if their injuries continue, but they can afford to manage people with a view to finals as they will be Top 2 no matter what.

Well could the unthinkable happen and Sandgate beat Labrador thus sending the tigers to the foot of the ladder at close to the 1/2 way of the season?

Their posters are amazingly quiet this year, after at times being quite outspoken in their successful years.

My tips for this week

Sandgate
Broady
PBC

And for the end of season prediction

PBC minor premier

Daylight

Broady
Mt Gravatt
Maggies

Throw a blanket over all 3, certain finalists, fighting for top 3.

Surfers
Morningside

Fighting for 5th, massive game in a few weeks when they face up at Bruce small .

The rest gone in my opinion.

Well could the unthinkable happen and Sandgate beat Labrador thus sending the tigers to the foot of the ladder at close to the 1/2 way of the season?

Their posters are amazingly quiet this year, after at times being quite outspoken in their successful years.

My tips for this week

Sandgate
Broady
PBC

And for the end of season prediction

PBC minor premier

Daylight

Broady
Mt Gravatt
Maggies

Throw a blanket over all 3, certain finalists, fighting for top 3.

Surfers
Morningside

Fighting for 5th, massive game in a few weeks when they face up at Bruce small .

The rest gone in my opinion.
Quiet only because we don’t agree with where QAFL footy is going,and Qld footy in general. As for success that is always sweeter when you have been down which we were for along time. Just to remind everybody 4 grand finals,3 minor premierships, 2 premierships and at one stage 31 games in a row including a premiership. Premier2010 when you put it out there you better deliver,look forward to your Broadbeach 2018 Premiership.

Quiet only because we don’t agree with where QAFL footy is going,and Qld footy in general. As for success that is always sweeter when you have been down which we were for along time. Just to remind everybody 4 grand finals,3 minor premierships, 2 premierships and at one stage 31 games in a row including a premiership. Premier2010 when you put it out there you better deliver,look forward to your Broadbeach 2018 Premiership.
Only in Queensland does a minor premiership count means absolutely nothing imo and don’t see them recorders on many club honour boards

Where is it going mate? Or does labrador have to be at the top of the tree for qld footy to be healthy in your opinion?
Got no idea where it’s going, a very shallow talent pool in Qld for both players and coaches yet we need a points system where ex AFL players are 6 points and clubs are discouraged from recruiting them.
60 million dollars a year is pumped into Qld Footy each year, where is it? QAFL clubs are paying over the odds to be in this competition, are they subsidising AFLQ? Has the standard of play, administration, coaching, umpiring improved in the last few years?
It needs people with vision and talent to move it forward, too many people looking to take advantage and not enough selflessly contributing.
And Smy not sure why you are calling me mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back