Qafl 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost got to the end
Grange need to keep trying not me, the most under performed team for the cash they’ve splashed in the last decade.
Best canteen in Australia though!

Really? I think it is terrible tbh. I really like the club though. If my son stays on the same track I'd encourage him there in a couple of years, or Mt Gravatt.

What was wrong with the outgoing bloke ?

I remember the outgoing grange coach when the cats played up there kept em out in the sun at 1/2 time ( we were giving them a bit of a hiding) and yelled at them 1960’s style saying if they didn’t win the second half they’d be running extra laps at training.

Was pretty ordinary

rather spend time raising money from sponsors than have pokies.

Very first thing I did when I became President was get rid of Pokies from our club.

The few crappy old ones you had would have cost more than they raised though wouldn't they?

I’m not a fan of pokies and I’m glad my club got rid of them but it’s an individual club decision.

As for BnF. Recruit Jackson Fisher won ours last night. Had a very strong season particularly early so well done to him.
Salary cap is important to slow/stop the inflationary forces of player payments.

Simply limits what clubs can pay and players can ask.

Therefore meaning volunteers don’t have to fundraise 24/7 just to be competitive with clubs that happen to own pokies in low socio economic areas....

Broady sold their pokie licenses, but struggled to make them profitable prior to selling them. If your club was making good money off them they wouldn’t have sold them.

We all have our own strengths and weaknesses as clubs, IMO it’s how you best mitigate your weaknesses and capitalize on your strengths that results in how successful you are. Look at Surfers this year, extremely well done to them. A talented, committed bunch of matured juniors topped off with, very few, but quality recruits.

We have to start a breeding program to be competitive in 2040 😂😂.

Been to.d the outgoing coach has been appointed at coorparoo.
That's what I hear also. I don't know the guy but sometimes you need to not write coaches off when it doesn't work. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Ask Brad Moore. Sacked in 2013 mid season at Labrador and to a man just about they love him at Surfers and now he's a QAFL premiership coach with a list well under spent compared to all other GC rivals.

Broady sold their pokie licenses, but struggled to make them profitable prior to selling them. If your club was making good money off them they wouldn’t have sold them.

We all have our own strengths and weaknesses as clubs, IMO it’s how you best mitigate your weaknesses and capitalize on your strengths that results in how successful you are. Look at Surfers this year, extremely well done to them. A talented, committed bunch of matured juniors topped off with, very few, but quality recruits.

We have to start a breeding program to be competitive in 2040 😂😂.
The equalization methods are well intended. The revenue is only one part as BD alludes to with his breeding program. Perhaps it a junior club program which most people agree is the great story of any footy club is the junior made good in their seniors. But that is a very long path to achieve success.
With points now 45 with the amendments for 2020, some which are good, the reality is it is harder to recruit 'now' players. The apparent nose up is the QAFL player changing in clubs because they are 6 points and equivalent to an AFL player. Are there actually any examples of quality QAFL players changing clubs in recent years? .i.e. there is no quick fix equalization going on so I'm not convinced the whole system isn't just a policy to cap 2 Gold Coast clubs spending and achieves little else in the short term

If your ressies aren't competitive, there is no way you leave Colts kids in the ressies with finals looming unless the kid specifically asks to play Reserves (we had a couple like that last year) or is on the fringe of Senior selection.

Obviously Senior footy is a different matter, I doubt Grange dropped blokes from their seniors to play them in the Colts.

Didn't this years QAFL Premiership coach get the arse from Labrador mid season 5 years ago? He goes alright!

We would be doing very well to get Fletcher, but I'd consider it unlikely. Him quitting Tassie TAC cup job to live in the same state as his wife and kids wouldn't be a reason not to get him though!

Didn't this years QAFL Premiership coach get the arse from Labrador mid season 5 years ago? He goes alright!

We would be doing very well to get Fletcher, but I'd consider it unlikely. Him quitting Tassie TAC cup job to live in the same state as his wife and kids wouldn't be a reason not to get him though!

Quitting or got the boot?

be a great person to have back involved with Qld footy Thommo. Good luck with that.

The equalization methods are well intended. The revenue is only one part as BD alludes to with his breeding program. Perhaps it a junior club program which most people agree is the great story of any footy club is the junior made good in their seniors. But that is a very long path to achieve success.
With points now 45 with the amendments for 2020, some which are good, the reality is it is harder to recruit 'now' players. The apparent nose up is the QAFL player changing in clubs because they are 6 points and equivalent to an AFL player. Are there actually any examples of quality QAFL players changing clubs in recent years? .i.e. there is no quick fix equalization going on so I'm not convinced the whole system isn't just a policy to cap 2 Gold Coast clubs spending and achieves little else in
be a great person to have back involved with Qld footy Thommo. Good luck with that.

Has he been appointed as Sherwood Coach Thommo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely you blokes couldn't afford a bloke who expects a full time position? OR are you getting/giving him a job tommo?

Any news out of the north side? Loosely follow kedron, but generally an avid fan of football. Saw the article the other week where the former senior coach from Sandgate appeared to give some very public pointers about what they need to improve on moving forward. Wonder if that could spark a exodus?

I would jump at it if I was him
Tassie is a cold shot hole
Yes apparently a ripper footy person I have a good mate who was assistant to him at the devils and reckons he could coach at any level.Just didn’t get around to all the hubs he was supposed to apparently.Obviuosly missed family also.id imagine he would be a terrific get by the magpies!

any truth to the rumour you're talking to ex bulldog Tom Williams and respected junior Vic coach and former Southport player Rick Bean?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back