QAFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting tight for finals spots. 8 into 6 doesn't go. You would think the top 4 are safe. Who will make up the numbers? A few 8 point games coming up. For mine Noosa and Palmy to get through. Roos unlucky. WG heavy losses might see % keep them out.

Punters suggest a close one between Panthers and Pies, 7.30 tonight. (For those that cant be there..hope its live on Cluch!)

8 picks for Morningside.
7 picks for Sherwood.

Rep footy chat - do we need to get rep games back happening

I think we need to get something going for all levels and gives players a chance to mix with other players from other clubs and get coached by different coaches

Would this work to start with
QAFL North vs QAFL South
Cairns vs Div 1
Div 2 North vs Div 2 South
Div 3 vs Div 4
Toowoomba vs Wide Bay

Winners play high loser

I think we need to get something going for all levels and gives players a chance to mix with other players from other clubs and get coached by different coaches

QAFL North vs QAFL South
Cairns vs Div 1
Div 3 vs Div 4
Toowoomba vs Wide Bay

Winners play high loser
makes too much sense doesn't it? I said in the div 2 chat thats how it should be.

Issue would be the added cost to AFLQ i'd imagine, and also then you would have more push back from clubs especially at the top end of ladders if all of a sudden they have 5-8 blokes picked in the squad.

makes too much sense doesn't it? I said in the div 2 chat thats how it should be.

Issue would be the added cost to AFLQ i'd imagine, and also then you would have more push back from clubs especially at the top end of ladders if all of a sudden they have 5-8 blokes picked in the squad.
We need to just try it and see how we go and once one of the top comps lose to a lower comp they might soon change how they by into the whole situation.

Our club supports the whole rep footy game and we push all players to play.

QAFL North vs QAFL South
Cairns vs Div 1
Div 3 vs Div 4
Toowoomba vs Wide Bay

Winners play high loser
Hi Goalkicker.

Im all for rep footy, (could be played on the bye weekend..) but who chooses the sides? AFLQ wouldnt have the staff to get round and see games in so many comps and be expected to choose the 'right' players?

Would the coaches of the various Divisions be better placed to judge the talent and pick sides? I imagine there may end up with some friction between rival coaches at the selection table?

Hi Goalkicker.

Im all for rep footy, (could be played on the bye weekend..) but who chooses the sides? AFLQ wouldnt have the staff to get round and see games in so many comps and be expected to choose the 'right' players?

Would the coaches of the various Divisions be better placed to judge the talent and pick sides? I imagine there may end up with some friction between rival coaches at the selection table?

We won’t keep everyone happy at the selection table but the SQ team seems to get picked ok with about 3 current coaches involved. We could have the premiership coach from the year before coach the team or be given first option.

The league needs to keep growing and rep footy is one major way forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back