Preview R15: Changes v Essendon: Lumumba, JKH, AVB, Harmes (debut) in for Spencer, Bail, Jones, Toumpas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to recall some ludicrous stat about no team ever winning after playing in Darwin? Is there any validity to this, and if so can I trot it out as a potential excuse?
Sure. Solid advance strategy. Doesn't matter so much if it's true so long as your argument sounds pretty solid.

I reckon we've picked the wrong Ruck given the forecast weather. Not likely to be too many grabs taken, it will be a day for crash and bash. I reckon Spencer or Jamar are best at that. Would have dropped Howe too for Grimes. He deserves to be dropped regardless of the conditions anyway.

I'm inclined to agree Jamar would be a better choice than Gawn tomorrow, especially when he's coming off a good game in the twos.

We've gone with the best ruckman we've got, how's that the wrong decision?

Ruckmen get complacent after a run of 3 or more games. You need to chop and change to keep them on their toes.

I seem to recall some ludicrous stat about no team ever winning after playing in Darwin? Is there any validity to this, and if so can I trot it out as a potential excuse?
Freo won comfortably after beating us up there last year

Ruckmen get complacent after a run of 3 or more games. You need to chop and change to keep them on their toes.

:D I sense this comment was made just to get a desired outcome?

(I'm still putting a bet on Essendon though, I see it as 'buying' a win and in this case it's worth it, **** Essendon)
Don't waste your money. You'll get it for free. Put Melbourne in a multi like I am.

Don't waste your money. You'll get it for free. Put Melbourne in a multi like I am.

You guys sound an awful lot like we did before we played Geelong. I take nothing for granted.

Got a lot of nervous energy this morning (and I've already cleaned the bathroom) so I guess I'll need to direct it here.

People's thoughts on match ups?

TMac on Daniher
Dunn on Hooker
Jetta on Merrett

Viney/Brayshaw on Zaha (?)
Vince on Heppell

Got a lot of nervous energy this morning (and I've already cleaned the bathroom) so I guess I'll need to direct it here.

TMac on Daniher
Dunn on Hooker
Jetta on Merrett

Vince on Heppell

Win for us
Win for us
Win for us
Win for us
Win for us

Win for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TMac on Daniher
Dunn on Hooker
Jetta on Merrett

Vince on Heppell

I thought TMac to Hooker, Dunn to Daniher, but I don't know... Just do a good job whomever - Daniher is going to be excellent one day, but currently with his frame can be knocked off the mark. I would guess Vince on Heppell but Viney could work there too. I want a big day from Garlett, but I expect him to need to wriggle out from Bags - probably my favourite EFC player alongside Heppell.

Stuff it. I'm going to clean the bathroom too. Thank Christ we don't have to wait around all day for this.

Driving to Melbourne today to watch the game. Left at 5am and I'm still a couple hours away. Never watched a game at the MCG before, only at other grounds. Please don't let me down boys!

Hope to see Hogan and Brayshaw run a muck.
A muck?

Gentlemen.

Today is the day.

Irregardless of form, nothing other than a win is ever acceptable against these bastards.

Just cracked my first beer, needed one early to calm my considerable nerves.

Show your support by punching the first Essendon supporter you see today right in the nose.

Lets repay the favor they gave us in Danihers last match, by putting Hirdy out of a job. The 2000 granny, the 04 elimination final with that campaigner throwing the ball in the air at the siren. We have more reason to hate this club than any other.

Its a grand old flag, Go Dees.

Can't go but will start drinking at my brother's place around 12 in preperation for either deep depression or a nice win. Good chance he'll fire up the tattoo gun. :thumbsu: :rainbow: :drunk:
How's he going to go if/when we are actually good

Put the final nail in Hird's coffin please.

Also just saw James Harmes on your list, I remember when he was a little tacka, went to Primary school with him and his brother haha. That's so weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back