Preview R19: Essendon vs Bulldogs, 21/7 @ 7:50pm - DC is Better Stadium - CHANGES ARE IN

Who will win?

• We'll out those Dogs down!

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • We'll roll over like puppies!

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • That's a throw not a damn handball!!!!

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undercutting Dave there... next up Dave offers to PAY someone to take the tickets

Lol not intentional. I’m sick and can’t go and took too long to post this today so I put up as a freebie. Only realised after I posted that Dave did right before me.

Against the Cats, Menzie had 4 score involvements out of 10 scores, so it can't be that. He had 1 tackle from 80% ToG. His season average is 2.3 tackles. Down, but still not a hanging offence in context with his body of work for the season.

🤷‍♂️

If it's not because Stringer is sore, I wonder if there's a bit of reverse-psychology at play to try to get Stringer to lift his game against his old club to have him primed for finals; he has been ordinary for weeks. Menzie gets a rest as a young body. Putting 'omitted' next to his name is to push him to go next level? Scott did say he wants to find out about the players. Maybe this weekend he focuses on Stringer and Cox.

Interested in this game to see what Scott's vision is with Cox. Hopefully forward with a view to CHF roaming up the ground for a leading Wright or Langford.
Pretty hard to have forward 50 / half tackles when the ball is rarely down there, and when it was we were kicking it down geelongs throat. 28 entries!!

Getting fired up for tonight…Does anyone else feel like we could either win or cop 21 goals in a row like a few years ago?

The response from last week will be key in determining if we are a changed club imo.

Go Dons!
I was just starting to allow myself to trust we were going to turn up and give a competitive effort every game. First time I’ve felt that way in 15 years… then last week happened. We’ll know at the 15 minute mark what we’re in for tonight.

I got a good feeling. We respond after the Geelong disaster.
I don't care if we lose. The guys need to miss out on finals by. 1 percent then they will be hungry next year
I'm feeling pretty philosophical about it too, but if there's one constant I've seen this year it's that we've done well not to let a bad loss get in our heads the following week. Should have a decent crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully come out firing.

We have literally been a player short in the forward line with the form of Weid. Maybe Cox can run the opposition around and we can isolate 2MP better.

Langers, Stringer & 2MP overdue for a good game.

At Marvel, CHF can be bypassed to a degree if we can win centre clearances.

Hopefully come out firing.

We have literally been a player short in the forward line with the form of Weid. Maybe Cox can run the opposition around and we can isolate 2MP better.

Langers, Stringer & 2MP overdue for a good game.

At Marvel, CHF can be bypassed to a degree if we can win centre clearances.

Did you know Marvel is the same length as the MCG?

Both are 160m long, but the MCG is 12m wider.

Essendon have been very competitive and getting some good wins considering it’s a development year. This game for me is promising given Essendons overall performances for the season. We have been good at home this year too. They will bring that effort.

Their composure though is just one area requiring a lot of improvement and have to work at not get so easily rattled against teams that put the pressure on bc it will come tonight. Dogs are a bit up and down but i don’t underestimate what they will bring. That said, In Hobbs and Merrett I Trust. 🔴⚫

Did you know Marvel is the same length as the MCG?

Both are 160m long, but the MCG is 12m wider.
Well there you go. Knew the G was rounder & cattery skinny!

Friday night footy at the home of the world's worst chicken tenders.

Go the planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back