Preview R19: Essendon vs Bulldogs, 21/7 @ 7:50pm - DC is Better Stadium - CHANGES ARE IN

Who will win?

• We'll out those Dogs down!

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • We'll roll over like puppies!

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • That's a throw not a damn handball!!!!

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cox could really play anywhere. He could play half back with Heppell going up to the wing, he could play wing with Martin going more to half forward or he could play proper hard running, long leading CHF.

Nothing would surprise me, I’m just stoked he’s back.

I was thinking Cox forward also as I think the positions in the other parts of the ground seem to be more settled in regards to personal.

12 wins with great percentage boosters against north and eagles could be enough
Nevertheless, the season is hardly over if we lose tomorrow night
We dont do % boosters though.
Roos put 90+ on us and were underwhelming v the eagles...if thats possible in a 9 goal win.

I feel weird chalking those two games up as wins as it is, let alone % boosters :p

We dont do % boosters though.
Roos put 90+ on us and were underwhelming v the eagles...if thats possible in a 9 goal win.

I feel weird chalking those two games up as wins as it is, let alone % boosters :p
Roos play the best theyve played all year against us
Their side is a mess now, no zurhaar to kick his 4.
Eagles also haven’t played well away from home.

We certainly did % boosters in 2021 when we were going okay.

I think Cox will play the Jones role up the wings. Hopeful his endurance is still great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would it be last chance saloon with finals. You do realise we play eagles and north b2b coming up.

if that's the only two games we win for the rest of the year there's a good chance we end up with pick 6-7

sydney game is 50/50 and could be the difference between a 100 point loss to the Cats and drafting Nick Watson.

Menzie out is baffling. Just, why?
Agreed. Someone else posted Stringer might be sore. Perhaps Scott is playing smoke and mirrors and there will be a late change to bring him back in to replace stringer. Otherwise we look too tall in the forward line if we have a resting ruck down there too along with Cox.

Against the Cats, Menzie had 4 score involvements out of 10 scores, so it can't be that. He had 1 tackle from 80% ToG. His season average is 2.3 tackles. Down, but still not a hanging offence in context with his body of work for the season.

🤷‍♂️

If it's not because Stringer is sore, I wonder if there's a bit of reverse-psychology at play to try to get Stringer to lift his game against his old club to have him primed for finals; he has been ordinary for weeks. Menzie gets a rest as a young body. Putting 'omitted' next to his name is to push him to go next level? Scott did say he wants to find out about the players. Maybe this weekend he focuses on Stringer and Cox.

Interested in this game to see what Scott's vision is with Cox. Hopefully forward with a view to CHF roaming up the ground for a leading Wright or Langford.

Last edited:
It’s weird to be less hopeful re Cox than I was from his 3rd game of his first season. High expectations back then. Now he’s older, stronger - let’s see if the class shines out. Hope so!

Isn’t the game going away from playing two designated rucks?
Melbourne issues with Brodie and Gawn
Freo issues with Jackson and Darcy
Doggies with going too tall early in the year.

Geelong, Brisbane, Collingwood seem to play one designated ruck and others pinch hit.

Phillips offers nothing around the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back