Preview R7: Changes v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Huh? He played at the Crows and voluntarily told me that figure. I'm sure around the club players would have a fair idea of what they are on.

Or are you suggesting I made that up because that would be surprising.

Hahahaha we have an ex player who you meet in a pub he has no idea who you are and starts telling you all this and how much the players are on. Even if he did tell you something can you truly see a person like this being trustworthy honest or even correct about anything he is saying or maybe a little vindictive if anything

Come on you're not that gullible are you

Welcome back. I disagree.
I agree. I saw him run off during the 3rd I think against Essendon and I was shocked. He was running like he was at the end of an ultra marathon completely spent, shuffling and looked like he was going to cry. Now you could see that as a positive, gave is all and all that but this was such negative body language. He was defeated and to me showed a bit of his character. I've never seen an afl player, uninjured, do the same. Body language again poor during Suns game which has been talked about. Very hard to change your character.

Hahahaha we have an ex player who you meet in a pub he has no idea who you are and starts telling you all this and how much the players are on. Even if he did tell you something can you truly see a person like this being trustworthy honest or even correct about anything he is saying or maybe a little vindictive if anything

Come on you're not that gullible are you
So you still think I made it up?

You weren't there so you don't know how the guy came across. Also just a coincidence that he picks the exact same figure that people thought he was on, or maybe there is truth to it?

Now tell me why would Mackay have signed a 4 year deal on s**t money? 4 years at $250k? That's dumb. 4 years at $300k? Still an average decision. 4 years at $350k, now we aren't far off $400k.

Also you seem to know the average players wage, what is it and would Mackay be on more or less?

So you still think I made it up?

You weren't there so don't know how the guy came across. Also just a coincidence that he picks the exact same figure that people thought he was on, or maybe there is truth to it?

Now tell me why would Mackay have signed a 4 year deal on s**t money? 4 years at $250k? That's dumb. 4 years at $300k? Still an average decision. 4 years at $350k, now we aren't far off $400k.

Also you seem to know the average players wage, what is it and would Mackay be on more or less?

I'm not doubting who you met or even what he said, but let's say he isn't a huge fan of the club now is he and is now throwing a few barbs, that can't be confirmed by anyone or have no reason to be denied by anyone.But his motives could be questioned

As for the list management if I had a player that could be a top 22 or at worst a depth player which Mackay clearly is I would sign a player like that in a long term deal for unders it $$ to help with the cap. I'll put up the average wage in a minute I read it yesterday in 2016 it was over 300k and by next year will be over $400k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not doubting who you met or even what he said, but let's say he isn't a huge fan of the club now is he and is now throwing a few barbs, that can't be confirmed by anyone or have no reason to be denied by anyone.But his motives could be questioned

As for the list management if I had a player that could be a top 22 or at worst a depth player which Mackay clearly is I would sign a player like that in a long term deal for unders it $$ to help with the cap. I'll put up the average wage in a minute I read it yesterday in 2016 it was over 300k and by next year will be over $400k
309. Don't think it will go over 400 next year though.

Exactly...Mackay's in the side because at this time Pyke wants him in the 22, when Pyke wants him out of the 22 his ass won't touch the ground on the way out. I just don't get people putting this down to Scott Camporeale and Matthew Clarke because it's complete and utter bullshit.

Yeh, nah, you're wrong. Both Chris Scott and Nathan Buckley openly mocked Robbo on 360 for having this exact same opinion on match committee. They both stated that they'd gone into selection meeting with a really strong view on a player coming in or going out to leave without that event occurring. It's not an autocracy, every management development of the industry over the last decade and a bit has been moving away from that kind of system. And you think that little old Adelaide match committee is the last bastion of the autorcrat?

I can understand why a list manager would want to sign an average player on s**t money but why would a player agree to it? Why would his manager agree to it?

Or are you suggesting that Mackay is that average that he would agree to a long term deal on average money? And if that's the case, we've let that average player build a 150 plus game career with us, no wonder we have won nothing with s**t decisions like that.

I suppose it all comes down to the players and the agreement and how hard they push and if lists drop back also, if they get a good increase and lists are reduced it will easily you would think
20% is talked about. Would take it to ~371

Yeh, nah, you're wrong. Both Chris Scott and Nathan Buckley openly mocked Robbo on 360 for having this exact same opinion on match committee. They both stated that they'd gone into selection meeting with a really strong view on a player coming in or going out to leave without that event occurring. It's not an autocracy, every management development of the industry over the last decade and a bit has been moving away from that kind of system. And you think that little old Adelaide match committee is the last bastion of the autorcrat?

How do you think Clarko handles it'? Maybe that was buckleys problem and why he hasn't succeeded he hasn't taken his approach and has relied on others, Collingwood have clearly underachieved, why?

I can understand why a list manager would want to sign an average player on s**t money but why would a player agree to it? Why would his manager agree to it?

Or are you suggesting that Mackay is that average that he would agree to a long term deal on average money? And if that's the case, we've let that average player build a 150 plus game career with us, no wonder we have won nothing with s**t decisions like that.

A player would agree if he thinks his days are numbered and he secures a long term contract even on less coin simple economics, you should now that, you studied Eco at uni

Remove this Banner Ad

Back