FTA-TV Race Across the World/TAR thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol nah this was in a reserve in Melbourne on st patricks day.

I have never been to Egypt :(

One of the best weeks of my life.
Between booking and going they had a slight revolution and it looked for ages that I wouldn't be able to go but it all settled down just in time.
Then there was bugger all tourists there so some places we went that would usually be packed, we were the only ones there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Via an animated diagram that showed the multi leg flights they took & said all on the same flights

So kinda pointless showing too much of it
To be fair, there wouldn't be a whole lot of flight options from Hanoi to Ulan Bataar.

I'm hoping (not expecting) that we might see some flight/airport action if/when the race goes to somewhere a little bit less obscure, with more flight options.

They haven't really traveled that far either, they've gone from South Korea to Vietnam to Mongolia which are all in the same continent and would only require one short flight.

If they go to another continent with connecting flights there might be a chance for teams to take different flights and mix things up a little.

They haven't really traveled that far either, they've gone from South Korea to Vietnam to Mongolia which are all in the same continent and would only require one short flight.

If they go to another continent with connecting flights there might be a chance for teams to take different flights and mix things up a little.
Even the US version doesn't do the airport/flights drama when they're going to relatively poorly serviced cities. Teams usually travel together when they have legs going to Africa. It's a very different option if you're going to somewhere in Europe, or a major city like Tokyo, where options abound.

TAR-A is supposed to do 3x continents and 8x countries. So far the count is 3x countries and 1x continent. I'm hoping that tonight's 2nd leg in Mongolia will be the last we'll see of Asia. I'm assuming that 1 of the 3 continents is Australia, so they're really only racing through 2 continents plus a home leg to the finish line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back