Play Nice Racism within the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah this footy clubs supporters are certainly more racist.....

soccer_fascism_4.jpg

(Woohoo, Hitler reference on the first page!)

Disturbing article in today's papers about a Port Adelaide fan who was photographed wearing a swastika armband in Melbourne this week. Given the recent track record of Port fans abusing indigenous players, is it fair to say that some clubs have a more pronounced problem with racist supporters?
Yes, I personally believe Port fans should be segregated from the rest of society.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can the poll please include jack watts

1. A minority of supporters and their personal views is not a reflection of a club, or the supporter base as a whole.

2. I'm sure there are examples of this for all clubs (again, individuals or a tiny minority only), but they just don't end up on social media / go viral / get snatched up by the media.

I think unfortunately most clubs do have racist supporters but possibly some clubs have more than others. It is such a shame because Eddie Betts doesn't deserve that and he has had to put up with a lot of it in the past two years. What gets me with these racial slurs especially with Port Power supporters is that they have indigenous players as well in Wingard, Ryder, Neade and Krakouer. I don't understand how they don't realise that by racially vilifying Eddie Betts that they are insulting their very own indigenous players.

Well before this thread gets deservedly locked I thought I would draw attention to the fact that OP has 90 posts, is a Melbourne supporter that has joined suspiciously around the time that Melbourne haven't sucked quite so bad, and whose name is donkey punch. Take that however you like. I also don't agree with the bogan: racist ratio. Wealthy/ older people are as racist as anyone they just are typically are quieter about it. No one is going to jump on a 5'1 80 year old woman for being racist.

Well before this thread gets deservedly locked I thought I would draw attention to the fact that OP has 90 posts, is a Melbourne supporter that has joined suspiciously around the time that Melbourne haven't sucked quite so bad, and whose name is donkey punch. Take that however you like. I also don't agree with the bogan: racist ratio. Wealthy/ older people are as racist as anyone they just are typically are quieter about it. No one is going to jump on a 5'1 80 year old woman for being racist.
What an ageist, sexist, heightist comment :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back