Discussion Random Discussion (No Politics, Religion) - SHOW CHIN PASSPORT ON ENTRY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prices for booze in this country is too damn high.

Crazy how cheap booze is in the States compared to here, you can buy cartons of beer in supermarkets there for under 10 bucks, here you're lucky to get a carton for under 50 bucks. We get ripped off big time here with all the texes on booze, the government know they can tax the hell out of it as we're a nation of pissheads that will still pay for it no matter the cost.

I went out for dinner and sat down in a restaurant. for the first time since June or march or something like that!!!

i loved it!
How good is it

My daughter has her last exam Monday and schooling is done for our kids, out for dinner Tuesday to celebrate

Crazy how cheap booze is in the States compared to here, you can buy cartons of beer in supermarkets there for under 10 bucks, here you're lucky to get a carton for under 50 bucks. We get ripped off big time here with all the texes on booze, the government know they can tax the hell out of it as we're a nation of pissheads that will still pay for it no matter the cost.

Italy was insane cheap too, Japan is cheap, pretty much most of EU is good value. We are too naughty to have cheap booze apparently.

Italy was insane cheap too, Japan is cheap, pretty much most of EU is good value. We are too naughty to have cheap booze apparently.
Maybe its a good thing its not cheap

I need a dry out after lockdown

In so many Eastern European countries I found that beer is cheaper/on a par with a soft drink.
You can buy alcohol in a supermarket in Croatia. And it’s amazing how few drunk people you actually see roaming around.

Yeah Europe is generally much cheaper for booze too. I knew people in the UK that would go over to Calais in France to load up on cheap booze there, a pity we can't do something similar here.

In so many Eastern European countries I found that beer is cheaper/on a par with a soft drink.
You can buy alcohol in a supermarket in Croatia. And it’s amazing how few drunk people you actually see roaming around.

Yeah, my in-laws are Croatian and they have a much more civilised relationship with alcohol than us. I tried to make up for their lack of drinking there but having a couple of extra. The biggest problem there is everyone gives the kids a taste of wine or beer which takes away some of the mystique but my kids thought it should be the same here which took a while to stamp the idea out of.

Yeah Europe is generally much cheaper for booze too. I knew people in the UK that would go over to Calais in France to load up on cheap booze there, a pity we can't do something similar here.

Yeah, the old booze cruise was a classic.

When i was in london could go the a spoons bar and get pints for 3 quid that is what i want.

My seppo mate tells me about his expereinces in Pittsburgh bars where pints were 2 bucks and a 30 pack case was 9.99

Trash beer but * me would pay that.

When i was in london could go the a spoons bar and get pints for 3 quid that is what i want.

My seppo mate tells me about his expereinces in Pittsburgh bars where pints were 2 bucks and a 30 pack case was 9.99

Trash beer but fu** me would pay that.
Tricky situation - can I introduce political facts into the random discussion and not have my posts deleted.

If you're a tipped worker stuck on the federal minimum wage of $2.13 on hour, you'd take any beer, trash or not, as long as its cheap.

Guess that explains Budweiser

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'd like to roam around, but can't get up.

Well that stuffed this weeks schedule up

Tricky situation - can I introduce political facts into the random discussion and not have my posts deleted.

If you're a tipped worker stuck on the federal minimum wage of $2.13 on hour, you'd take any beer, trash or not, as long as its cheap.

Guess that explains Budweiser
I like bud, Miller and Pabst just not the crap that’s brewed here and I object to the price as well.

Downloaded the Duck Duck Go browser today for my phone and the extension for Chrome for the laptop to stop ads and tracking.

So far it seems good, not getting the crappy outbrain links at the bottom pages and ads are blocked......

I’m a bit freaked out by The Social Dilemma movie so changed over but I’m sceptical how this browser makes money, the line, “if you’re not paying for the product, you are the product” comes to mind.

Downloaded the Duck Duck Go browser today for my phone and the extension for Chrome for the laptop to stop ads and tracking.

So far it seems good, not getting the crappy outbrain links at the bottom pages and ads are blocked......

I’m a bit freaked out by The Social Dilemma movie so changed over but I’m sceptical how this browser makes money, the line, “if you’re not paying for the product, you are the product” comes to mind.
For your PC/Laptop try the browser addon Ublock origin

I switched to Duck Duck Go for similar reasons but my god it's frustrating as hell sometimes.
Over a lifetime you learn how to 'talk' to Google to get the results you want.
In contrast, it often feels like Duck Duck Go is going the complete opposite direction with its results.
Good concept but the value of Google is apparent when you need the results you're expecting

I switched to Duck Duck Go for similar reasons but my god it's frustrating as hell sometimes.
In contrast, it often feels like Duck Duck Go is going the complete opposite direction with its results.
Good concept but the value of Google is apparent when you need the results you're expecting

Yeah this is true. A good example is a simple
search of ‘When is the AFL draft’.

Safari or Google the information appears at the top of the screen. Duck Duck Go links to draft relate articles which don’t necessarily have the answer.

I originally searched by keyword.

- valve water retail -

But the way google has evolved it seems to prefer me to enter something like.

Hi Google i was wondering if you can tell me where i might be able to buy a valve that i can use in water pipes in a factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back