Rate my Team (Part IV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Have rejigged my team slightly.

Backs- Goddard, Enright, H. Shaw, Duffield, Goodwin, Hunt, Waters (Maguire, Silvagni)

Mids- Bartel, K. Cornes, Ball, Stanton, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Banner)

Rucks- Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Roughead)

Forwards- Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Hall, Pavlich, Gray, Ziebell, Rockcliff (Gumbleton, Podsiadly)

Out: Carrazzo, Ablett, Armitage, Trengove, Brown
In: Shaw, Bartel, Cornes, Stanton, Hall

Unsure of Goodwin but I do like his slight uniqueness. Could trade him for someone slightly cheaper (Hodge, R.Shaw, Adcock?) and upgrade Stanton.

Thoughts and comments?

Backs:

Goddard
Enright
Hodge
Shaw
Kennelly
Hunt
Waters

Maguire
Silvagni

Midfield:

Swan
Ablett
Bartel
Boyd
Martin
Barlow

Shuey
Banner

Rucks:

Clark
Hille

Warnock
Trengove

Forwards:

Riewoldt
O'Keefe
Giansiuracusa
Gray
Hall
Dangerfield
Rockliff

Gumbleton
Hitchcock

dtboi.jpg

Hey guys, just some of my thoughts on what i should do. If I get rid of dangerfield and put
hitchcock/rockliff to replace him i can have some extra cash to upgrade ladson/hunt/kennelly.
Is this the right decision? Who would i upgrade these players for?

Any other suggestions are welcomed :)

That's fair enough.

BUT, you do know they must play at least 3 games to even get a slight increase in price?
Just thought it was worth mentioning, you don't sound to confident he'll play more than the first couple and rightly so.

Obviously I'm just saying if I'm a betting man it's more likely than not he won't stay in the side all season. Then again, in 07, Sel came in first year and played every game so it's possible if you play outstandingly enough. I'm not saying he's the next Selwood but these things are possible.
Anyway, yes I think he'll go out at some stage.

I'm very confident he'll play round 1. Almost as early as January the club said they thought he'd play senior footy in 2010 and he's done everything right. And now Varcoe will miss 2 months, and what you may not know (if you don't know the geelong list as well as I do) is that all the other alternative forward options are either injured or have had injury interrupted pre seasons, so he's almost a lock for the first few.

And while he's a forward, if you watch the NAB he played well forward, half back and mid, so he won't be stuck in the pocket getting no DT points.

So for me it's a no brainer...best case scenario he plays most of the yearm worst case he plays 5 games or so, makes me a tidy little profit and I do an on trade.

Why Kelly?

Surely his 3 soft tissue injuries in the last 2 years must be a concern.

That is the IF.

To be fair, I wasn't saying he'd play more games than Mackie. But if he does, he's more consistent and that's what I'd rather. People underestimate how important his return at finals time was to us.

Think of it this way.

If you keep Lobbe as your 4th ruck and put Tippett in the fwds, any time your number 1 or 2 ruck gets injured you can swap Tippett to the rucks and play a fwd bench player. Or in your case because you have Rohan / Higgins you can

Swap Tippett to rucks, Lobbe to fwd bench then

Swap Rohan to mids bench, Higgins to fwds (covering Tippett)

and play a mids bench player to cover your ruck.

Purely provides you better coverage and more options if you do get injuries so you don't have to burn trades.

Good point.

While I was pretty happy and set with my team, I must admit I'm toying with putting Tippett in the forwards as this coverage. Problem is I'd have to change a couple of other players to make the cap room for it.

swya9f.jpg

OK, I can afford Ablett, Swan and Bartel. If any of you tell me to downgrade Ablett/Swan, why so? Wouldn't it be more of an advantage of having both? And if I do so, I can't really see the money being used to upgrade any other players as I think this is my best team so far.

So overall, what are the thoughts of my team ??

I think it's a fine way to go with the 3 premium mids, so long as you're prepared to stick with them all season.

I don't know about Ball, I just don't trust him to get back to his best. But I'm happy to admit I could be proved wrong so it's a fair punt to play. I'd rather have Hodge in there at the price, but it's your call.

I've noticed people that are picking Lance Franklin, have no sufficient back up for round one.

I was prepared to cover that, it was more your ruck situation that spooked me though.

ok here's my team. it's my first season doing a dt, reasonably happy with what I've come up with. Any thoughts/criticisms would be great, thanks

picture5.png

ok here's my team. it's my first season doing a dt, reasonably happy with what I've come up with. Any thoughts/criticisms would be great, thanks

picture5.png

thats an excelent team considering it's your first year.
I have some concerns on Ladson though, i think he might be a better pick later on.
Get o'brien and taylor out they arent dt players. Downgrade one to waters and then upgrade the other to a premium.
Midfield looks good although i would be moving vince to mitchelle/stanton at that price
Forward line looks solid. I have gone of franklin a bit, i just don't think he can deliver dt wise on a consistent basis...being undervalued or not. I think grey will average more and is priced lower. Higgins is a worry due to injury.

Here is my team guys, any feedback would be great, i have tried to be a little unique.

Backs
Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Shaw, Duffield, Hunt, Waters (Macquire, nason)
Mids
bartel, stanton, ball, mcveigh, martin, barlow (banner, trengove)
rucks
Clarke, hille (warnock, $77k ruck...don't believe in 4th reserve rucks)
Forwards
Roo, Rok, Lockyer, Gia, Grey, Medhurst, Hitchcock (rockcliff, pods).

any thoughts would be great.. cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats an excelent team considering it's your first year.
I have some concerns on Ladson though, i think he might be a better pick later on.
Get o'brien and taylor out they arent dt players. Downgrade one to waters and then upgrade the other to a premium.
Midfield looks good although i would be moving vince to mitchelle/stanton at that price
Forward line looks solid. I have gone of franklin a bit, i just don't think he can deliver dt wise on a consistent basis...being undervalued or not. I think grey will average more and is priced lower. Higgins is a worry due to injury.

Here is my team guys, any feedback would be great, i have tried to be a little unique.

Backs
Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Shaw, Duffield, Hunt, Waters (Macquire, nason)
Mids
bartel, stanton, ball, mcveigh, martin, barlow (banner, trengove)
rucks
Clarke, hille (warnock, $77k ruck...don't believe in 4th reserve rucks)
Forwards
Roo, Rok, Lockyer, Gia, Grey, Medhurst, Hitchcock (rockcliff, pods).

any thoughts would be great.. cheers
Downgrade Shaw to a Ladson or Kennelly and then use that money to upgrade Hitchcock to a Dangerfield also don't have trengove on the bench it's a waste of money downgrade him to Shuey or put him on the field. Then use that money to upgrade Lockyer to a Goodes/SJ or even Didak

Heres mine:
Bcks: Enright - Duffield - Hodge - Shaw - Malceski - Ladson - Hunt
(Macguire - Silvagni)

Mids: Bartel - Dal Santo?? - Selwood - Mackay - Martin - Barlow
(Shuey - Bastinac)

Ruck: Sandilands - Seaby
(Warnock - Stanley)

Forwards: Riewoldt - Goodes - ROK - Gia - Gray - Danger - Mayne
(Rockliff - Pods)

Only spot for grabs is Dal Santo's have 18k left any suggestions?

Downgrade Shaw to a Ladson or Kennelly and then use that money to upgrade Hitchcock to a Dangerfield also don't have trengove on the bench it's a waste of money downgrade him to Shuey or put him on the field. Then use that money to upgrade Lockyer to a Goodes/SJ or even Didak

Heres mine:
Bcks: Enright - Duffield - Hodge - Shaw - Malceski - Ladson - Hunt
(Macguire - Silvagni)

Mids: Bartel - Dal Santo?? - Selwood - Mackay - Martin - Barlow
(Shuey - Bastinac)

Ruck: Sandilands - Seaby
(Warnock - Stanley)

Forwards: Riewoldt - Goodes - ROK - Gia - Gray - Danger - Mayne
(Rockliff - Pods)

Only spot for grabs is Dal Santo's have 18k left any suggestions?
I like the Dal Santo pick keep him, he is capable of huge scores when he is not tagged and there is a good chance that goddard and Montagna will get more attention leaving Dal Santo free, only problem is you will have to cop a few 70 when he is tagged.
Only suggestions I would make are mabey upgrade ladson to Kennely I am not to sure about ladsons fitness. And also not sure about goodes think he's average might drop playing more in Fowardline.

I like the Dal Santo pick keep him, he is capable of huge scores when he is not tagged and there is a good chance that goddard and Montagna will get more attention leaving Dal Santo free, only problem is you will have to cop a few 70 when he is tagged.
Only suggestions I would make are mabey upgrade ladson to Kennely I am not to sure about ladsons fitness. And also not sure about goodes think he's average might drop playing more in Fowardline.
Who would you suggest for Goodes out of interest? IMO, he will gain his average;)

What makes you think that Montagna will get the tag before NDS? To me, NDS with his flair and kick can be much more damaging than Montagna who gets his DT points from his tackles rather than his possies. Having said that, NDS (and Montagna) did complete full pre-season's so i think he will keep his price and maintain a steady output of 100's.

Anyway here's my team (40k in bank):

I think that's some pretty terrible advice to be honest.

Why would you downgrade Shaw to ladson/kennelly? Shaw is playing in the midfield and looks to be undervalued. Ladson looks underdone and his spot on the team is a concern...Kennelly looks good value but not at the loss of not having shaw in your team.

Why not have trengove on the bench? I can see his team spot being a lot more locked in than Shuey..and I see the rookies on the field scoring better than him. Price should not determine who starts. I would have trengove as a cash cow and if he starts to score well i will start him.

lockyer has not missed a game since 2004 so he is extremely durable, something Didak is not. For mine Didak is about $50 - $70k over valued. Goodes looks over valued too, especially if he is not playing in the midfield.

What makes you think that Montagna will get the tag before NDS? To me, NDS with his flair and kick can be much more damaging than Montagna who gets his DT points from his tackles rather than his possies. Having said that, NDS (and Montagna) did complete full pre-season's so i think he will keep his price and maintain a steady output of 100's.

Anyway here's my team (40k in bank):

Little different to most by starting a fwd rookie. Stay close as Rocky and Pods are at risk of not be named Rd 1. There's not a heap of depth in the fwd rookies so you may want to consider who else you could switch to if you need to make a last minute change. Maybe Gumby or Roberts.

Also, like most teams I'm not bullish on the rucks cover. Warnock could be snapped by a twig and won't score well with Kreuz confirmed as rucking now. That's if he gets a game, still fighting with Hampson at this stage for a spot. So if you have no Warnock, every times your ruck miss a game it's a donut or a trade. Something to consider but no different to every other team in that regard.

I won't comment on your players, you've obviously picked them because you like them so fair enough.

I think that's some pretty terrible advice to be honest.

Why would you downgrade Shaw to ladson/kennelly? Shaw is playing in the midfield and looks to be undervalued. Ladson looks underdone and his spot on the team is a concern...Kennelly looks good value but not at the loss of not having shaw in your team.

Why not have trengove on the bench? I can see his team spot being a lot more locked in than Shuey..and I see the rookies on the field scoring better than him. Price should not determine who starts. I would have trengove as a cash cow and if he starts to score well i will start him.

lockyer has not missed a game since 2004 so he is extremely durable, something Didak is not. For mine Didak is about $50 - $70k over valued. Goodes looks over valued too, especially if he is not playing in the midfield.
Shaw I agree is a good choice but I feel you need to stregthen other parts altough thats your opininon. As for trengove i'm personally not having him but thats just me I personally see more value in Shuey but I could be proven wrong. As for Lockyer as durable as he may be he is peaked his score and I think will go down hill from here at best he will hold an average of 90 IMO.

newteam.png

I think that this is the team that I'll be using. I have 60k spare so, if Ballantyne is injured for round 1, then I can bring in Dangerfield, Betts, Ziebell or Medhurst.

I don't mind it TBH. My only worries would be still not sold on Waters fitness, Banners JS and whether Balla will be fit and ready for Rd1 with his knee. Kelly's soft tissue history worries me plenty but he does have upside.

I see where you're coming from going cheap at the bottom end of the mids but you need a solid block of 8+ games in a row from each to generate cash early. As long as you feel they'll all do this then fair enough.

Rucks cover as always a concern

Basically my first serious year. I've done other mockups of this team, with other players including Higgins, Franklin and i think it was Gia.

Cheers for any help!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back