Preview Rd 10 Geelong v Gold Coast Thu May16 730pm at TIO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't surprise me if we just do controlled training with him for most of the rest of the year like we did with Conway last year rather than risk him in full VFL games.

Absolutely. No point at all in pushing him before he has recovered just to play a couple of VFL games. Do we have active AlterG running setup at the club ? would make sense.

What do we reckon then?

No Duncan, Hawkins, Cameron, or Stanley for certain.

No Mannagh, Hardie, or Humphries either.

Bowes & Bruhn look likely to be available.

In: Neale, Bowes, Bruhn, Conway?

Out: Hawkins, Duncan, Cameron, Stanley?
I would think 2E is also an in. Not because I want it but it is a huge statement if he is “managed” 2 weeks in a row.

So I would say it is yours but in 2E and out Clark. That also evens up the MF mix a bit given Bowes and Bruhn back in.

Would love to see COS and Knevitt get a run but that would be 7 changes - just can’t see that happening.

Sub will be interesting. Will it be one of the ins? (2E would be the only candidate I reckon as we need the rest). Or give someone else a change to “rest” (Atkins? Parf?)

EDIT: Dempsey is also due to be managed?

No Mannagh is meltworthy stuff.
I am a bit surprised that Mitch Hardie was not included in the squad. We have a need for a hard nosed mid who can get more than 15 disposals and lay several tackles which Hardie does. An opportunistic small forward is not something we lack. Looks like they have gone with known quantities scared off with our two successive losses.

Bruhn, Neale, Conway, O’Sullivan and Knevitt all just arrived for the training session

Can you see mannagh and hardie there?

Rohan is definitely there judging by his instagram.

Shaun has v important things happening at home, so not surprised.

Thats fair re the baby (i hadnt seen the other post). I do wonder if he will fly up on thursday though?

I would think 2E is also an in. Not because I want it but it is a huge statement if he is “managed” 2 weeks in a row.

So I would say it is yours but in 2E and out Clark. That also evens up the MF mix a bit given Bowes and Bruhn back in.

Would love to see COS and Knevitt get a run but that would be 7 changes - just can’t see that happening.

Sub will be interesting. Will it be one of the ins? (2E would be the only candidate I reckon as we need the rest). Or give someone else a change to “rest” (Atkins? Parf?)

EDIT: Dempsey is also due to be managed?

Sounds like bowes neale tuohy and bruhn for hawkins stanley cameron and duncan.
i Assume that knevitt and cos are the travelling emergencies unless clark is rested.
I think we will keep dempsey going given the outs.
No hardie surprises me.

Um... I hope that's not why COS and Knevitt are in the emergencies

Knevitt would always be a standby for blitz (close to like for like as we can get).
I suppose cos would be a swap for sdk but at least one of sdk or conway just HAS to play given witts/moyle and our other outs.

Could this be the youngest side fielded for a long time?

I remember that gws game where we drew up there a few years ago and we had a lot of youngsters like buzza and guthrie etc.

That said this team would give that one a run for his money in youth but apart from cameron the other outs are coverable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the side fielded last week was 27y8m old. You need to take a fair few out to make that a young list

Hawkins - 35yrs & 9mths
Stanley - 33yrs & 5mths
Duncan - 32yrs & 11mths
Cameron - 31yrs & 1mth

That's off set by the potential inclusion of Tuohy at 34yrs & 5mths

And the 30+ crew who seem likely to retain their spots from last week:
Blicavs - 33yrs & 1mth
Rohan - 32yrs & 11mths
C. Guthrie - 31yrs & 8mths
Stewart - 31yrs & 1mth

Potentially the youngest side we have put on the park for a while?

Not sure.

Cameron, Hawkins, Duncan and Stanley as the outs should drop the ave age a tad.
Yeah actually when you think about it that's going from 8 over 30s to 4.

If that's Neale, Conway, Bowes, Bruhn, then you're going from 27y8m to I think 25y10m

Not sure where that stands, but last round that would be basically the same age as Carlton, St Kilda, Richmond and Melbourne, younger than Sydney, Port, Essendon, GWS, Dogs, Collingwood, and Brisbane.

It would be 5 months older than West Coast.

Thats fair re the baby (i hadnt seen the other post). I do wonder if he will fly up on thursday though?

A four hour flight, very unlikely. I'm sure cats_09 got it right. Bit risky.
There's more to life than football, like, life.

I am a bit surprised that Mitch Hardie was not included in the squad. We have a need for a hard nosed mid who can get more than 15 disposals and lay several tackles which Hardie does. An opportunistic small forward is not something we lack. Looks like they have gone with known quantities scared off with our two successive losses.
Mannagh is more than that. Hardie is very beige.

Mannagh is more than that. Hardie is very beige.
Do you see Mannagh going through the midfield? By all accounts at VFL level he is remaining a small forward. The couple of times I watched him his defensive running and pressuring seemed suspect too, so not sure wing would work. Where exactly will he play in the seniors this year? It seems more that the club have him as Stengle, Close or Miers back up. It's even harder with all of Dempsey, Rohan and O.Henry in the side too. Like it's a tough old gig to get a forward spot right now.

Watching footage someone shared on FB (Thanks if you're posting here) - Neale looks to be moving freely
Phew!!!!!

Go Catters

Reckon Scott might go with DeKoning forward. O’Sullivan in.

Maybe DeKoning needs the old Robert Walls ‘throw him in the ruck for 10 minutes’ to shake him out of his moderate form.

Relieved to hear Conway is training.

A four hour flight, very unlikely. I'm sure cats_09 got it right. Bit risky.
There's more to life than football, like, life.

Thats fair i just wondered if he could do the round trip in one day in case she goes into labour. But you are right it makes more sense for him to play at home against gws next week as its just up the road.

Pity as hes one of our few players with experience playing in darwin and tactically i think it would have helped us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back