Game Day Rd 10 Geelong v Gold Coast Thu May16 730pm at TIO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much the officiating over the first 1.5 quarters has impacted us over the last 40 odd minutes?

The effort & intensity was there over the first 1.5qtrs, and yes we made a few mistakes we were right in the match, but we weren't getting rewarded for the efforts & work rate

And then just before GC went on their goal run mid way through the second quarter we started to see some questionable free kicks, especially in the middle of the ground and wouldn't be surprised if that started having an impact, especially between the ears & second guessing ourselves with our approach

Maybe just the feeling of fighting an uphill battle and eventually it breaks you
Umps kept them in it early.

After QT it's been all just a lack of effort

I wonder how much the officiating over the first 1.5 quarters has impacted us over the last 40 odd minutes?

The effort & intensity was there over the first 1.5qtrs, and yes we made a few mistakes we were right in the match, but we weren't getting rewarded for the efforts & work rate

And then just before GC went on their goal run mid way through the second quarter we started to see some questionable free kicks, especially in the middle of the ground and wouldn't be surprised if that started having an impact, especially between the ears & second guessing ourselves with our approach

Maybe just the feeling of fighting an uphill battle and eventually it breaks you
Yep, there is a breaking point

Bruhn 8 touches. Can't question his work ethic, he tries his heart out, but at best he's a B grader player, and at worst I fear he's quite often a C grader. He,Parf and and Atkins give their heart and soul but are ultimately very limited players without stars around them.

I fear when Danger, Blitz and Cuth are gone

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well, if we're making judgements based on tonight, Cuthrie (9 disposals before being subbed off) and Blicavs (6 disposals) won't be any loss at all.

Fortunately, the ones in charge aren't so emotionally influenced as us fans.

Anderson, Rowell, Miller and Flanders have 116 possessions between them and it's not even 3/4 time yet.
Not just that.

83, 65, 71, 80 disposal efficiency.

Compared to Parfitt 52, Bowes 26 :eekv1: , Holmes 59, Miers 69, Conway 50, Atkins 72, Dempsey 55.
Our principle ball winners are by and large butchering the footy as well.

Yeah, I can see how that might affect them, but we've been poor at handballing and tackling for a long time now.

Geez Guthrie is terrible tonight …can’t drop him sadly we have no one else
Sounding like a broke record now but we have Hardie, I'm sure he could manage 4 touches. We literally got him because we desperately needed mids last year, nothing has changed, I believe someone said he was leading VFL votes playing as a mid, might not be a beast, but we could use a guy who can rack up even 25.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that may the most useless 1/4 I have ever watched. Pack it in, take the loss and move on.

But make some serious changes.

Despite the umps Hardwicks chaos play has shat on us tonight

Not sure how that was a free when he spoiled the ball and didn’t infringe the player but it’s been one of those nights

heck me the umpiring and the midfield has been terrible tonight

Suns have well and truly been the better team on the night, but the umpiring has been absolutely deplorable.

Keep the margin under 100 pts and alls good , and its quickly forgotten

You have to look at the circumstances and the conditions

One good thing with a big thrashing is blokes like Hardie and Mannagh ( yes i know the circumstances this week ) and a few others might be given an opportunity

Normally when you get flogged it stings a fair bit but im very relaxed about it - but just keep it under a century and we all move on

Bruhn 8 touches. Can't question his work ethic, he tries his heart out, but at best he's a B grader player, and at worst I fear he's quite often a C grader. He,Parf and and Atkins give their heart and soul but are ultimately very limited players without stars around them.

I fear when Danger, Blitz and Cuth are gone

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Blows my mind that anyone would disagree with this. Maybe in a perfect world Bruhn becomes an A grader in the future, but it doesn’t look likely right now and your assessment overall seems pretty accurate.

Ok games by Mullin, Stengle, Miers, Ollie Dempsey. The rest not so good. Neale and Conway haven't done their chances any good.

I think it's time to swap in the VFL midfield. Hardie has to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back