Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Hawks
In: Brown, Gibson
Out: Mitchell, Muston

Cats
In: Ottens, Ling, Taylor
Out: Hunt, West, Hogan

A huge loss with Mitchell and I'm not surprised with Musto being left out. Brownie could do Musto's job and Gibbo will boost our rebound 50's I'd hope. Should be a good game, although it is supposed to be wet so could be a hard fought game.

Muston I think was a necessary out. Schoey might be needed if they push Ottens forward, as well as there being no obvious match up for musto this week.

Whilst I didn't want to see Muston out, think it's the better decision as opposed to Murphy or Schoey.

Need Peterson to have a big game now, they'll be all over Buddy and Roughie so he's gotta make the most of his opportunities.

So this Back 6 is most likely what we will go into finals with barring injury, only thing i dont understand is why Birch is named on the bench

Muston I think was a necessary out. Schoey might be needed if they push Ottens forward, as well as there being no obvious match up for musto this week.

He could take any1 of Enright, Milburn, Mackie.

Would have liked to see him take Scarlett cuz we all know he is a coward and wont take Buddy or Rough.

Scarlett and Thompson conversation thursday night:

SCARLETT: Please Bomber can i not play on Buddy or Roughy this week.

THOMPSON: Come on Matthew your our best defender, so we need you to take the best forwards.

SCARLETT: Please please please Bomber. *sniff sniff* i really dont want to. I just want to play on an easy opponent that they wont kick it to so i can run around and rack up a heap of kicks and make myself look good. *sniff sniff*

THOMPSON: No Matthew we really need you to play on 1 of them.

SCARLETT: But i dont want to!!!! *cry cry cry* I dont care if the team looses as long as I do well *cry cry cry*

THOMPSON: Ok ok ok , Whatever you want princess.

Couldn't see Muston playing on Scarlett like he did on Fletcher? I think it could of been a good move.

He could take any1 of Enright, Milburn, Mackie.

Would have liked to see him take Scarlett cuz we all know he is a coward and wont take Buddy or Rough.

Scarlett and Thompson conversation thursday night:

SCARLETT: Please Bomber can i not play on Buddy or Roughy this week.

THOMPSON: Come on Matthew your our best defender, so we need you to take the best forwards.

SCARLETT: Please please please Bomber. *sniff sniff* i really dont want to. I just want to play on an easy opponent that they wont kick it to so i can run around and rack up a heap of kicks and make myself look good. *sniff sniff*

THOMPSON: No Matthew we really need you to play on 1 of them.

SCARLETT: But i dont want to!!!! *cry cry cry* I dont care if the team looses as long as I do well *cry cry cry*

THOMPSON: Ok ok ok , Whatever you want princess.

Scarlett is a gun. Why wouldn't you let him free if Lonegan and Taylor can take the big fella's. Same goes for Fletcher, if you can afford the luxury of letting them free then why wouldn't you?

I agree that there isn't a tag for Muston this week. The only guy you would tag is Scarlett. you have to put someone on Milburn that will hurt him the other way. Wouldn't waste your time tagging Mackie and there are plenty of others you would tag before Enright as well.

Ottens, Taylor and ling are pretty handy ins for them. Surely they all need another week - surely? Rain might render Taylor and Ottens pretty useless if it comes. Apparently it is going to be blowing 70k/h on saturday - should be good skills on show :rolleyes:

So this Back 6 is most likely what we will go into finals with barring injury, only thing i dont understand is why Birch is named on the bench

I was puzzled why we didnt bring in another runner with Mitch out - only thing I can think is that the coaches are now considering Birch to be more of a winger/mid i.e. kicking into 50 instead of out of it.

Gibson is more than capable as a rebounder and with him back we don't need Birchall to play as a defender and can push him further up the field to capitalise on that long left foot.

We have too many defenders in for mine:

Brown - Gilham - Guerra
Stratton - Schoey - Murphy
Birchall - Gibson - Ellis

Would rather have seen an extra mid come in like Tuck or JKT.

Brown will be used up forward unless our backs start getting carved up, which they won't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got the actual line up and the ins/outs for Cats?

Cheers

screenhunter09jul081824.jpg

I can't really believe I'm saying this but are we actually top heavy down back? I don't even know where Birchall and Gibson are going to play unless Clarkson does the ol switcheroo and shifts Brown to the forward line again. Even then Birchall would have to play as a winger/midfielder.

It's a little concerning that Mitchell hasn't been replaced by any like replacement. Perhaps Birch will play midfield whilst others assume the Mitchell role?

We're going to have to rely on Sewell to stand up to cover for Mitchell. Then Lewis for Sewell, Burgoyne for Lewis, Osborne for Burgoyne, etcetera. There is no like for like option coming out of Box Hill.

i reckon Ladson is in our best 22, so he must've had some serious gastro to miss 2 weeks!

In other news, Rick Ladson will be discharged from hospital today (Tuesday), having been admitted over the weekend for observation following dehydration. The Hawks defender was a late withdrawal from Friday night’s team.

Wow. Geelongs 'ins' compared against our 'outs' does not fill me with confidence.

Ottens scares me when he's up forward. Shoey will have a VERY big task. And then there's also Pods... It's a bit scary really. Let's just hope gibbo and stratton play good 3rd man up games, because we'll need them.

I'm suddenly not as confident as I was a few days ago.

they can but do we want them to? only Ellis out of that bunch is a legitimate midfielder.
We don't want them to in a perfect world, but Mitchell is injured and we need to get cover from somewhere.

Birchall can go to to the wing. Sewell, Lewis and Burgoyne are going to have to step up to cover Mitchell's role. Young and Bateman are going to have to play 15% better this weekend.

Brown will play forward, our backline will stay settled, but Gibson will probably slip in and play 50/50 time with Shoenmakers down back.

Its still probably one of the strongest sides we've played this year, so we're in with a good show here, and have lots of flexibility with match ups.

Ottens is in to try and stretch us, but they are risking playing a lot of underdone guys here at once. Corey, Ling, Ottens, all have their question marks on their fitness.

Its going to be a wet tough game, which I think will suit us in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back