Autopsy Rd 18 Blues storm home to beat Pies and honour Serge

Who played well for the Blues vs the Pies in Round 18?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So proud, what a fantastic win by the boys, to do it against the pies makes it so much sweeter! Walshy is a freak don’t know how it possible but he gets better everyweek, thought Kennedy was huge in Crippa’s absence definitely should resign him, Dow is building nicely, Stocker is a tank love watching him go about it. Silvagni was huge today battled manfully in the ruck and was a presence around the ground, could just keep going but proud of all the boys, Go Baggers lets make it 2 in a row against north

Said this in the pre-game discussion:

"Really hoping Harry can have a big impact today and kick 4+. To his credit he tends to work his way into games even if it's not going his way early, but I'd like to see him convert a couple early and get his tail up. Needs to take his chances today."

Love being both wildly wrong & right at the same time!

Its an amazing sign that we have an ELITE talent on our hands. Doesn’t always go your way, but keep working hard and you can turn the tide. Great forwards eventually force things in to going their way. Harry is something special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to be a *******.

We played terribly for 2 and a half quarters and tremendous for the rest. Don't act like we were world beaters all day. Stoked with the win, but cracks were very much papered over.
1626596569297.png

I think Sam Walsh did this on purpose to Collingwood. And yea if you check the AFL app this is legit.

Attachments

• BAA675D9-DF2D-4D96-95E7-0CD4BC8B7F9C.jpeg
    BAA675D9-DF2D-4D96-95E7-0CD4BC8B7F9C.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 171
I'm still teary. That was a win full of old fashioned grit and guts, as well as some passages of sublime talent. Just hung in and hung in and then smashed them when it counted.

JSOS had me choking up. His teammates rallied around him and I couldn't be prouder of them for that.

What got us going, with that pointing up, got me teary eyed, * yeah JSOS, your grandad would be proud.

That last quarter shows what is possible when things click, but my word is it so bloody frustrating that we go to sleep for such long periods of games. Full credit to everyone for the effort in the last, but you can't dish up the crap we did beforehand and be a contender.

People acting high and mighty because they weren't pissed off early on are the worst. This team will have my confidence when they produce that for 4 quarters.

Back