Preview Rd 3. SUNS vs. Blues @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaron Hall is a goer, have always said it.

If you blokes had it your way he would have been punted 2 years ago.
You're a moron if you're saying, as you've insinuated, that he hasn't improved.
Alternatively if you're saying that you 'saw it' in him back then, you are a liar.

Enjoy getting smashed tomorrow and next week.

That was just painful
At ground level there wasn't a breath of wind and super humid and in the first half the boys looked like they had "Week after a trip to WA Syndrome"
Anyway, job's done and I don't have to crucify our stupid bloody runner
FFS , that's twice now
The guy could be my dad.
He's so slow he can't get out of his own way.

Last edited:
Good game; spoilt by the membership nasties (I cleaned that up) attempting to take the names of cheer squad members who haven't yet signed the 'code of conduct'.

Did you notice there wasn't many people holding up the banner ...

Was good to see Targetman in the last quarter ribbing the trumpet player.

I was skeptical of Aaron Hall when he said he wanted to move into the midfield and play there, but he has put that skepticism and his critics to rest. A serious talent here, he could get a lot of votes for Brownlow if he keeps playing like this.
Good to see the lads keep their nerves against the Blues, could have easily lost the plot, but their maturity has risen since last year.

Ahhh ,, how the worm turns ,,, go back to the posters threads on here in 2014 and first half of 2015, calling for Halls head so to speak... the guy always had this ability, just needed a coach to harness it ,, so well done Rocket Eade ,, great vision

Next week against Stef Martin we need Currie to play or else Martin will physically dominate Nicholls, also not sure who will come in for Mckenzie maybe Miller and does anyone know about Thompsons ankle?

Next week against Stef Martin we need Currie to play or else Martin will physically dominate Nicholls, also not sure who will come in for Mckenzie maybe Miller and does anyone know about Thompsons ankle?

Well Miller is supposed to be back yeah
Blast from the past, but I wonder if Sebby Tape might come in for TMac?
Honestly, I loved some of Tommy Nicks work last year, but he has been towelled up 3 weeks running
Sam Day saved us from complete ruck embarassment tonight
Dan Currie may be warming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before I forget to mention it, I thought the Sunscreamers were fantastic tonight. Everyone was getting into it and the crowd was great. Awesome improvement!

Ahhh ,, how the worm turns ,,, go back to the posters threads on here in 2014 and first half of 2015, calling for Halls head so to speak... the guy always had this ability, just needed a coach to harness it ,, so well done Rocket Eade ,, great vision

Aaron Hall in 2014 was the most boneheaded player I've ever seen. On the off chance he managed to get a handball to somebody in a red jumper it was worth throwing a party over.

I sit here in Thailand and watch the game on my PC, and not really sure if it's humid or slippery or what, but the 1st 3 qtrs was very hard to watch, from both sides. The disposals were very ordinary, the marking the same, and then we got to the 4th qtr and OUR SUNS took off. Don't know why but I can guess.
Superior fitness this year......Justin Cordy , take a bow.....give him a contract extension now!
And another thing I noticed, only 3 games in, but IMO, Sam Day has finally arrived......I think he finally believes he belongs......his performance today was very pleasing.....

The dawning of the age of Mac Willis and Fiorini is nearly upon us :D

Surely Fiorini could easily take Materas position if Eade felt the need.. 30+ touches and a goal or 2 each week.. Wow.

Wouldn't trust him with Trents spot thought Fiorini ATM is mostly 1 way ( attack) most of his games only ever include 1 or maybe 2 tackles.

Love to see a angry Mac Willis barging out of the defensive 50 against the Lions

I sit here in Thailand and watch the game on my PC, and not really sure if it's humid or slippery or what, but the 1st 3 qtrs was very hard to watch, from both sides. The disposals were very ordinary, the marking the same, and then we got to the 4th qtr and OUR SUNS took off. Don't know why but I can guess.
Superior fitness this year......Justin Cordy , take a bow.....give him a contract extension now!
And another thing I noticed, only 3 games in, but IMO, Sam Day has finally arrived......I think he finally believes he belongs......his performance today was very pleasing.....

I'll agree with this..
The most important person at The Suns behind Eade this Pre season onwards has been the recruitment of Cordy and his team, if you have 40 fit blokes each week not 22 this is what a Football club is all about!!
The clubs winning, everyone's happy.
GCFC Digital I think it's about time we heard a little more from Cordy Ferg and Zane and Co. Please :)

You're a moron if you're saying, as you've insinuated, that he hasn't improved.
Alternatively if you're saying that you 'saw it' in him back then, you are a liar.

Enjoy getting smashed tomorrow and next week.

I did see it ducklips. He was out of two players not off-gut week to week plus I always knew God would lead him to the path to righteous stat accumulation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back