Game Day Rd 8 Melbourne v Geelong Sat May 4th 730pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bust day at work...

Bit late..

But here we are...

7 - 0 looking to go 8-0.

WE can freally put some distance between us and the rest if we can snaffle this one.

We are now the hunted.

A few changes, some management. Stewy back will help.. PFD out not so much.

Which Rhys will we get?

Will they tag Miers?

How will Tomma go this week and can we break the May Lever pillars.

Win the MF this week and we are a solid chance.

edit - cats_09 thx...

GO CAtters

Thats no moon...

Its another win!!!!

star wars that's no moon GIF

Go Catters

There's a good chance the Carlton finish this round 8th, and they'll just be clinging on by percentage. (it's kinda funny when you think how confident they have been).

If we lose to the Dees... The highest-placed team we will have beaten will be Carlton (who I reckon will be 8th).

Looking at it that way, it's not great... but it doesn't really work that way and you can only beat who you play.

Let's just hope we get the W tonight and we will have beaten Melbourne, who would be 4th at the end of the current round.

That is a good point you make , everyone we have beaten have looked garbage the following week , not one of them have franked the form of us beating them the following week

Carlton dominated the possessions and inside 50s against us last week - yet last night the scoreboard flattered them big time , they were very ordinary and could have easily lost by 8-10 goals against Coll

Not being negative , but if Geel are going to cop a hiding this season , then tonight is the Night , they have got a Champion ruckman , plus i think the best midfield in the comp - and we havent got our champion skipper in Dangerfield , he is a massive out for Geel

Its only talk , but listening to Goodwin ( he raved about Geel ) but they have definitely set themselves for this game

I thhink it is a pivotal game tonight , if Geel win well tonight then the lid is totally off , and if you were a punter youd be putting your money on the Cats for the flag . However i also wouldnt be surprised if this game is a bit of a reality check

That is a good point you make , everyone we have beaten have looked garbage the following week , not one of them have franked the form of us beating them the following week

Carlton dominated the possessions and inside 50s against us last week - yet last night the scoreboard flattered them big time , they were very ordinary and could have easily lost by 8-10 goals against Coll

Not being negative , but if Geel are going to cop a hiding this season , then tonight is the Night , they have got a Champion ruckman , plus i think the best midfield in the comp - and we havent got our champion skipper in Dangerfield , he is a massive out for Geel

Its only talk , but listening to Goodwin ( he raved about Geel ) but they have definitely set themselves for this game

I thhink it is a pivotal game tonight , if Geel win well tonight then the lid is totally off , and if you were a punter youd be putting your money on the Cats for the flag . However i also wouldnt be surprised if this game is a bit of a reality check

They would have done their homework for sure. Glad we have a couple of surprises for them in Rohan and Clark, and hopefully a reinvigorated Hawk, who last had their measure.

Start of season put my chicken feed bet on Cats for premiers ($19) and Heeney for Brownlow ($101)
my faith hasn't wavered.

GO you good things.

They would have done their homework for sure. Glad we have a couple of surprises for them in Rohan and Clark, and hopefully a reinvigorated Hawk, who last had their measure.

Start of season put my chicken feed bet on Cats for premiers ($19) and Heeney for Brownlow ($101)
my faith hasn't wavered.

GO you good things.
Should have multi that! Would be laying off now for some chickens

Hey all, in Adelaide for a 40th, at the whistle and flute, hoping to find a nearby pub in Unley to watch the game? Suggestions please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mentioned last night that the Blues and Pies have played the most games against each other of any two AFL clubs. Being the oldest 2 clubs in the league I wondered how far behind was the matching of Cats v Dees in no. of games played? Can’t find it on google but I’m sure someone can help me out?

afltables is the best stats site out there. 264 to 224.

Interesting to see that Conway has been managed in the VFL… a late call up to replace Stanley?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He's not even listed as an emergency so I doubt it

We need to remember that our VFL team plays on Sunday and our seniors match next week is on Friday night

So thinking it's more the case that they're actually managing Conway this weekend and we'll see him play against Port

And that also matches how we've been managing Stanley & Conway across the start of the season:

Rnd 1 vs Saints - Stanley
Rnd 2 vs Crows - Stanley
Rnd 3 vs Hawks - Conway
Rnd 4 vs Bulldogs - Stanley
Rnd 5 vs North - Stanley
Rnd 6 vs Lions - Conway
Rnd 7 vs Blues - Stanley
Rnd 8 vs Demons - Stanley
Rnd 9 vs Port - Conway???

Any late changes expected, anticipated or known?

Heard no speculation this week

Maybe we'll disappoint all involved who like to bitch, "Scott needs to be punished for always making a late change"

Same. Seen and heard nothing, although the question was asked about Conway being managed in the VFL......

This was Kingy yesterday - if he's a late in after not being listed as an emergency and already noted he'll miss this week due to load management, then it would be some mental BS really being played

I think it's genuinely more a case that he'll play Friday night and they don't want to do that off a 5-day break

There's a good chance the Carlton finish this round 8th, and they'll just be clinging on by percentage. (it's kinda funny when you think how confident they have been).

If we lose to the Dees... The highest-placed team we will have beaten will be Carlton (who I reckon will be 8th).

Looking at it that way, it's not great... but it doesn't really work that way and you can only beat who you play.

Let's just hope we get the W tonight and we will have beaten Melbourne, who would be 4th at the end of the current round.

Squiggle Premiership Zone Tracker
Plots a balance between Attack v Defense
Shows Swans and Demons in the Zone
Cats are still on the cusp
This will change if Cats beat Demons

AFL squiggle 2024 R8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back