Autopsy Rd 9 Carlton v Fremantle Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, good action... but he misses way way too much. Even during warm-ups, he is consistently missing shots. It is weird. Definitely will want Sav to be in his ear.

i reckon he's trying to kick it too hard, might be from being out of breath.

I saw him a PP in summer and he was bossing them from 50, but what I did notice is he didn't have a man on the mark and kicked them very low.

i reckon he's trying to kick it too hard, might be from being out of breath.

I saw him a PP in summer and he was bossing them from 50, but what I did notice is he didn't have a man on the mark and kicked them very low.

Yes and his ball drop is too high. Been saying this for a while now.

What a day at the footy. Absolutely drenched and cold.......oh so cold. Thought I was prepared with my rain jacket and water proof pants but with the plastic seats acting as a bucket I was sitting in a puddle right from the start. Could have really done without it bucketing down in the last as well just to really rub it in

The majority of the play was down the other end so I saw bugger all through the millimetre gap between my zipped up jacket and pulled down hood. The highlight for me that I did see however was Docherty's goal from beyond 50 in the last quarter. How good a kick was that with a wet, heavy ball!

Definitely the worst game he's played for us. So many bad decisions, I'd almost drop him for Sheehan when Gussy is ready.

Off one bad game? Come on man, Plowman has been doing a lot of directional work and taking charge of the backline. He'll learn from his mistakes and move on

Couple of sub par games prior to this week, and now this terrible performance. We can go on about development all we like, but bad football shouldn't be rewarded.
I think Plow's been doing a good job this year. Don't forget that these young players need time to develop and will sometimes have off games/mistakes. He's a keeper. Remember a young player named Simmo?

I think Plow's been doing a good job this year. Don't forget that these young players need time to develop and will sometimes have off games/mistakes. He's a keeper. Remember a young player named Simmo?

Defenders mistakes are much more obvious too.

Definitely the worst game he's played for us. So many bad decisions, I'd almost drop him for Sheehan when Gussy is ready.
Dont underestimate the Plow.
he has been if not our main stay in defence so far....be careful.after a good preseason he has had an almost breakout yr.
Sheehan may well see an opportunity through the possible end of Rowes career.....so lets leave it at that.
Alex will now become our fullack and quite good at that,with Mc creadie or White or Sheehan to fill Rowes spot...it is so good we have some defensive depth at this stage.
After watching the game from thailand it was just ripe for the picking ...we had so many wasted opportunites in attack
really a lot of missed opportunity in a game we should have won by a few goals...
if we had a normal attack.
zzzzz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to get to watch the blues live and took my 7yo to his second ever Carlton game. His first game was the 2015 145 point debacle vs Hawthorn at Etihad.

So to see the boys put up a fight was most encouraging.

In relation to SPS he spent a lot of time on Brad Hill and Pearce who are extremely good runners and unfortunately SPS doesn't have the tank yet to really go with these guys all day. When he did get it you can tell he will be special.

J Silvagni - his goal kicking is really hurting us, he is not just missing those set shots he is missing them by a fair way. Needs to spend some time with the big Saveloy.

Alex Silvagni - gives his all, attacks the contest like a man possessed and really sets the tone for the rest. Very shrewd pick up

Fisher and Cunningham - need a extended run at it especially Cunningham to see what he's got.

Forward line - Levi needs help and its time to play Jacksh

This was my exact question too,also missed the game. Going by the stats he looked quiet, did he do any nice things? I was really bullish on Cunningham after seeing his highlight reel and training vids, but I haven't really seen him do anything at senior level which would back up my optimism. Iv seen great things from sps, fisher, sos and Charlie they all have a bit of "it" factor about them.

I must say boekhorst excited me a bit more than Cunningham with some of the things he has done in his first few games.
Left out Williamson, this kid definitely has "it" . What a hard nut!

Cuningham made some bad decisions. Chose the wrong option a few times, had kicks smothered etc.

But geez he goes as hard as anyone. His brain can't keep up at the moment but definitely worth persisting with. It could just be the extra pace at AFL level, not sure.

Actually found this a disappointing loss. Our skills were just sloppy. Yes it was wet but still. Fumbling, dropping chest marks, missing easy targets and goals, getting caught with the ball, dropping the ball and having kicks smothered. Our game plan, pressure and intercepting was good and we had them on the ropes early. Early lead and were all over them but our sloppy skills let us down badly. We won a heap of the ball. We really should have done better and we need to touch up on the skills badly.

Gibbs - great game, played with real class, won a lot of the footy.

Kreuzer - Another really good game, outstanding season.

Docherty - Was always really good.

Curnow - Really good game.

Murphy - Really good game, having a great season.

Cripps - Thought he was really good.

Graham - Had a solid game but he's sloppy at times.

Simpson - Solid performance.

Williamson - played alright but his ball handling was sloppy. Still miles ahead of where he should be as a first year player.

Weitering - Was fairly solid. We missed having him forward.

Alex Silvagni - Another good game.

Petrevski-Seton - Had a really quiet game, good with ball in hand but quiet.

Plowman - Was sloppy and careless. Found plenty of it. Needs to tidy it up.

Marchbank - Not his best game but he was pretty solid.

Wright - Not one of his better games.

Jack Silvagni - Can be sloppy at times. Kicking for goal could be better.

Casboult - Not his day, wish he could stop his opponent from marking it a bit better and spoil strongly. Just an ok game.

Fisher - Had some sloppy moments for a guy who is normally a great kick but is showing plenty.

Cuningham - Thought he had some good moments but just didn't do a heap. Would like to see a bit more intensity in his pressure acts.

C Curnow - flies for a lot of marks and gets hands to it but doesn't hold enough. I know it was wet but this is the case in general. Did some nice things but still not his break out game.

Thomas - started like a house on fire and has just seemed like playing some good footy then concussion.

Rowe - Stuffed our structure losing him and he'll leave a big hole.

Game plan, pressure, effort etc seem good but the skills just let us down. So many little moments where we stuffed up handling or disposing the ball which resulted in a missed inside 50 to us or a score to them. We've got to tidy things up. I guess it's been a dry start to the season and we probably haven't trained in the rain a lot but still at this level it needs to be better.

Solid game plan is one thing and we have that but our execution needs to be much better. We need to be better. We had an opportunity to win and let it go.

Off one bad game? Come on man, Plowman has been doing a lot of directional work and taking charge of the backline. He'll learn from his mistakes and move on

Not exactly getting the ideal matchups either. Feel he is more of a 3rd tall defender and has to play on quick smalls each week. Not easy

He is a nice kick for goal. Just not a long one. Seems alot of his shots are from 45ish or a tigth angle
Yes. I reckon he struggle with the extra distance and so ends up shanking them a bit.

A lot of the ones from closer in have been just off line but the ball travelled fairly straight so i dont think it will take that much to correct for him.

Needs to improve his length so that 50m is faiely comfortable, thats when the accuracy will improve imo.

Another pre season or two should so it.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes and his ball drop is too high. Been saying this for a while now.

Agree - I'm not sure his kicking action is all that good actually. He seems a bit rigid and has this bit of a quirk where he sort of transfers his weight across his body somehow (sorry - hard to explain without diagrams).

Yes. I reckon he struggle with the extra distance and so ends up shanking them a bit.

A lot of the ones from closer in have been just off line but the ball travelled fairly straight so i dont think it will take that much to correct for him.

Needs to improve his length so that 50m is faiely comfortable, thats when the accuracy will improve imo.

Another pre season or two should so it.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
He reminds me a bit of Jack Gunston. I remember early doors gunston wasnt a very long kick. Admittedly he use to slot them from anywhere in range. Thats what Jack needs to add.

Cuningham made some bad decisions. Chose the wrong option a few times, had kicks smothered etc.

But geez he goes as hard as anyone. His brain can't keep up at the moment but definitely worth persisting with. It could just be the extra pace at AFL level, not sure.
I think cunners is a really exciting prospect. Is super clean below his knees and has real power to pull away from stoppages. Im keen as beans on him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back