Preview RD5 Cats and Eagles gather round a Crow near the Port of Adelaide or something like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Henry isn't back playing shortly after the mid-season mark he can't play finals - I think that's probably right.

But I have to say Esava has surprised me; I was sitting on the flank on Monday where he did some important work in the second quarter. We haven't lost those games because of him, but rather because our mids were impotent.

If Henry isn't back playing shortly after the mid-season mark he can't play finals - I think that's probably right.

But I have to say Esava has surprised me; I was sitting on the flank on Monday where he did some important work in the second quarter. We haven't lost those games because of him, but rather because our mids were impotent.

Which one of the mids is impotent?

That stuffs our future father son prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why? We have had player miss almost entire seasons before and only come back 2 weeks before finals and contributed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impotent metaphorically speaking ha ha.

Why name Knevittt who won't play rather than Dempsey who actually deserves an opportunity? It's all part of the mumbo-jumbo of football I suppose. I would have preferred Cooper Stephens to Knevitt on what both have demonstrated to this point. But then I prefer Ollie H to both.

Anyway Mieirs, Atkins, O Connor and Bowes on Monday's form will surely play, so the question is who will be sub?

Interesting they named Knevitt. Parfitt missing out on sub vest due to missing previous week is harsh but likely
I wouldn't be surprised to see Knevitt come in for Blicavs if Blitz is sore. Knevitt was a bit fumbly in the vfl but got to good positions I thought and contributed solidly. I thought he looked ready for a step up.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Knevitt come in for Blicavs if Blitz is sore. Knevitt was a bit fumbly in the vfl but got to good positions I thought and contributed solidly. I thought he looked ready for a step up.
Surely a ruckman needs to come in for blitz. All his other roles can be filled by other players in the side. The one role that cant be filled is relief rucking.

Could look at Knevitt in the squad over Dempsey in a few different ways.

1. Knevitt was never going to play but putting him in the squad might just be to help grow his confidence.
2. They wanted Dempsey to play a full game of VFL because he is getting close and didn't want to take him to SA for nothing.
3. They think Knevitt is ready and will be sub (but he is a mile off).

Could be a bunch of things really... Him coming in to play the Blitz role would blow my mind, but I guess this game is basically a gimme.

Yeah it's a little strange to me. You wouldn't make him travel surely
I'm hoping they're seeing something I'm not.

I watched him a bit at underage level and he's an inside mid.

They're playing him in different roles in the VFL.

I'm hoping they're seeing something I'm not.

I watched him a bit at underage level and he's an inside mid.

They're playing him in different roles in the VFL.
It's either because he's not big enough for the role, or they think he needs to add strings to his bow due to our log-jam in there.

They're the only reasons I can think of tbh.

Not sure what they see in Knevitt.

I'm confident I can crawl backwards quicker than he moves forward.
Knevitt tested well for speed. Does not show it in games
Those 13 disposals a game average from Knevitt at VFL level must have really made an impact l.
Some players look better at AFL level than VFL level? Hasn't not come on at all and I personally wouldn't consider him for a game

Surely a ruckman needs to come in for blitz. All his other roles can be filled by other players in the side. The one role that cant be filled is relief rucking.
It's not worth playing a second ruck imo, especially against the Eagles who have a lack of experience in that area. We have lots of players that can provide relief, including Knevitt himself.

Knevitt fits the "tactical sub" mold. If you have to sub someone on because of injury, you can't predict who's going to be injured so you want to have as versatile a player as possible as the sub. A bloke 193cm tall can fill in for a midfielder, a tallish defender, or a HFF without issues, basically any position except ruck. If we don't get an injury we can still sub him on early in the 4th quarter if we're a mile ahead- it'll be good for his confidence and give him a little bit more experience. It would not surprise me if the club were thinking along these lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back