Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure he's referring to Morabito.

Yeah, what a sad los that was. What could have been for him and the team if he was fit through our finals run...

And to bring it back to something positive. I saw Mora again recently and he seems to be a well adjusted good man. Not something that is easy given what he went through.

I'll post it in here in the spirit of the thread. I dont think we've EVER* had a fwd/mid with his type of burst / power / speed. We've had a few superstar mids but they are all contested bulls or silk and all our best forwards have been KPFs or smalls. I was excited watching him in preseason, now my hype is through the roof.

*Actually, I thought of one that we robbed of but dont want to bring up him in this thread as it's too depressing

THIS!! Then you consider his touch with firing off a handball to advantage to Brayshaw, 40m kick to advantage of Voss and the touch on the pass to Banfield... YOU BEAUTY!!!

The class added to the team is significant in a few ways:

• He makes our bottom six better. Which is massive in big games.
  • We want him to have the ball. Amiss, Treacy and Jackson should buy him a gift yearly like QB's do with their offensive line.
  • He could develop a S Hill type stat where if he gets the ball more than 20 times we win.

quick poshman, write about the decade of dominance to come! Get this thread back on track :straining::tearsofjoy:

I was all in on the Decade of Dominance before Simpson and Chappy did their thing on the weekend.

Now I am looking at other teams and thinking who will be contending with us in the first five years and the second five.

What a time to be a freo fan!

we aren't rebuilding. our pieces are in place. we just need to develop.

forwards: amiss, jacko, treacy, simpson, freddy
mids: young, darcy, serong, brayshaw, sharp, odriscoll
backs: clark, draper, chapman, walker

i've missed a few young players. but thats a massive weight of numbers

I'm not an overly sarcastic person. We can't keep losing players in a rebuild

Sorry I thought you were joking given this is the optimism thread. However, optimism can stand up to scrutiny so here are my thoughts:

He is probably in the 14th-16th level of player on our team.

He is contracted so if he leaves we will get well compensated, use the pick for a player or ask for a trade.

We need to turn over 5-6 players a year on the list. If those are strategic trades or a bottom 6-7 player I think it could be healthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I thought you were joking given this is the optimism thread. However, optimism can stand up to scrutiny so here are my thoughts:

He is probably in the 14th-16th level of player on our team.

He is contracted so if he leaves we will get well compensated, use the pick for a player or ask for a trade.

We need to turn over 5-6 players a year on the list. If those are strategic trades or a bottom 6-7 player I think it could be healthy.
I’m optimistic that if we replace Switta with Baker we are a better team, may not be a direct trade but what we get for Switta with two years left in contract should go a long way to securing Baker. If we get a second rounder for Switta, bundle it with saints second and send to the tigers for Baker (if they aren’t interested in Switta themselves)

Why are we acting like we're still rebuilding? Just because we're missing one or two elite players in one or two positions does not mean we are still rebuilding the list. Player movement is not rebuilding.

We still need more pieces of the puzzle to be better than the top few teams.

Cooper Simpson... we have found another one. How and why did he drop down the draft? What was the knock on him?

We may have just found our version of Warner in the middle/wing.

When he starts to get 16+ possessions watch out.

This is ridiculous in some ways, however, it would be a let down if he was only a very good B+ grade player long term. It looks like we could have added a core piece for our decade of dominance and I am loving it!
Simpson slipped for two reasons. One was his size and the other was because he missed the underage champs due to injury. I could be wrong but I think he could have grown a centre metre or two since being drafted perhaps 183cm now.

I’m optimistic that if we replace Switta with Baker we are a better team, may not be a direct trade but what we get for Switta with two years left in contract should go a long way to securing Baker. If we get a second rounder for Switta, bundle it with saints second and send to the tigers for Baker (if they aren’t interested in Switta themselves)

Exactly. We have three first rounders and the saints second this year. If we get a great price for Switta, let him go. Otherwise he is contracted for two more years iirc. Hardly a rush for us to move him on.

I think he will be on the fringe of selection in two years as it is.

Some are starting to see the talent on every line. Many will be shocked when they realise Chappy is top shelf as well and when Simpson continues to improve they will start the chatter about him going home.

What they don't realise is that the decade of dominance has begun and the ride has just started.

I watched that on YouTube about 3 or so hours ago. normally I wouldn't give much of a sh**, or even bother with it, let alone respond to it, but it annoyed me (surprise surprise) because of Kane's very overtly dismissive take on Freo. I genuinely believe he has vitriol against us because of the whole Fyfe-retiring thing. Either that, or a combination of his own arrogance as a human, that incident and a baffling disdain for the club/maybe even WA?!

Luckily Gerard is measured, fair and complimentary when it's deserved, but we may as well be Tasmania or a club located in another country to everyone else. The whole thing lasted 3 mins and he managed to divert away from "Freo-talk" and bring in Essendon, even Gold Coast when that wasn't the question or bullet point. Piss poor, highly unsurprising and the last time I mention Foot-Cornes, because he does my head in - he's a very bitter, deluded and twisted up person and I've run out of tolerance for him and the lickspittle, snivelling little AFL cronies that circumnavigate 'non-bias' in the AFL landscape and just become moral-void bloodthirsty sharks looking for a 'clickbait' kill.

I should know better but decided to just get that off my chest haha. Silly me, but seriously - no more. He's a canker sore

I just hope we beat richmond at the mcg this week.

We have never thumped them there historically.

Biggest win vs them was like 20 points in 2014.

So I would be happy with a 15-25 point win.

I think it will be in the 30-40 point range. Which is a good win!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back