Rebuilding Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues90

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Ok. So I'm looking at teams that are mid tier and ones that are about to commit to rebuilds. There is something I noticed, there are teams who are refusing to do a rebuild and some are starting it off in a weird way. Hawks showed everyone, build your key pillars first. Then start building around it. Why is Essendon avoiding it? They keep trying to add midfielder and their draft strategy makes 0 sense. Hooked and hurley are old and just holding it together. They lose Joe instead of throwing something decent at another KPF (2 meter Peter isn't the answer) they chase dunkley? Not to mention ruck stocks are terrible. In 2015 they had an opportunity in a draft where there was a lot of good genuine KPP and they chose parish and Francis instead of the likes of the McKay twins, curnow, Kieran Collins or Sam weiderman for example. Now some haven't worked at their normal clubs but parish and Francis haven't set the world on fire and they would have at least been targeting something they actually needed. North getting rid of Ben Brown makes no sense to me but I'm guessing internal things have happened for that.. just asking everyone else's opinion ... is it the only way to rebuild? Do essendon genuinely believe they are closer than they are? Will north get it right?

Ok. So I'm looking at teams that are mid tier and ones that are about to commit to rebuilds. There is something I noticed, there are teams who are refusing to do a rebuild and some are starting it off in a weird way. Hawks showed everyone, build your key pillars first. Then start building around it. Why is Essendon avoiding it? They keep trying to add midfielder and their draft strategy makes 0 sense. Hooked and hurley are old and just holding it together. They lose Joe instead of throwing something decent at another KPF (2 meter Peter isn't the answer) they chase dunkley? Not to mention ruck stocks are terrible. In 2015 they had an opportunity in a draft where there was a lot of good genuine KPP and they chose parish and Francis instead of the likes of the McKay twins, curnow, Kieran Collins or Sam weiderman for example. Now some haven't worked at their normal clubs but parish and Francis haven't set the world on fire and they would have at least been targeting something they actually needed. North getting rid of Ben Brown makes no sense to me but I'm guessing internal things have happened for that.. just asking everyone else's opinion ... is it the only way to rebuild? Do essendon genuinely believe they are closer than they are? Will north get it right?

Jesus this post is a dogs breakfast. Bay 13 standard.

I would love to lay the boot into Essendon, and I will, But

They genuinely believed they would make a run, It hasn't happened and they let Daniher go, Saad who they absolutely internally rated go, Have pick 6/7/8, Andrew McGrath who's an absolute stud and will re-tool their list, they just added Caldwell who's a good type as well

To have even a chance to land Dunkley is worth the shot, Even if it didn't happen. 2 meter Peter is being paid by GC to * off and is worth a loose punt if GC are paying 300k of his worth next year, What do you expect them to do?

If they go hard at Cameron/Hogan they are 'Wasting picks they need to rebuild with", Leave them and go for 3 top 10 picks they are "Randomly going for midfielders". Ask any essendon fan and if they make finals this year, Sick, If they don't they will send off one of Hooker/Hurley, They will definitely draft 2 KPP, Throw the odd Bid for ugle which has no hope, Maybe hoping they will open draft day and throw pick 6/7 to North for Logan, Maybe 7/8 for our next years pick and pick 4 for Thiltthorpe/Barras and pick up Reid/Chapman.

They will address the KPP issue and draft the best remaining midfielder and take a punt at Reef to purely make Collingwood burn the Treloar pick

Will Carlton ever get it right?

There's a high probability both North AND Essendon pass Carlton in the next 3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back