Opinion Recruiting and List Management Team: Hamish Ogilvie, Justin Reid & Co

Should Hamish Ogilvie and Justin Reid be sacked?

• Both should be sacked

• Only Hamish Ogilvie should be sacked

• Only Justin Reid should be sacked

• Neither should be sacked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

How many CBA's will Sydney give Warner 22, Rowbottom 23, Gulden 21 today?
Wow, that’s so depressing. Compare that young midfield with Heeney and what we have.

Honestly, Hamish should be embarrassed and just resign.

Nicks should smack himself in the head for the lack of belief in what he has.

If it looks like we will miss the finals and we don’t play our young mids it will be a disgrace. In one way it will be better if we are 0-5 and 3-7 so we don’t have this false hope we are still playing for finals.

Wow, that’s so depressing. Compare that young midfield with Heeney and what we have.

If it looks like we will miss the finals and we don’t play our young mids it will be a disgrace. In one way it will be better if we are 0-5 and 3-7 so we don’t have this false hope we are still playing for finals.
Be interesting to see what our list would look like if Kinnear Beatson had been our recruiter for the last 10 years

But But Jones and McHenry are great kids from great families.

Like Bargearse ordering dim sims: a shitload
Do me a favour as Mutineer has me on ignore, ask him about his thoughts on that midfield compared to what Hamish has delivered us. Point out Goulden was an academy player but we could have bidded a lot earlier than he went.

Speaking of Goulden, someone texted into 5AA saying we’ve offered him $1.2M a year. I hope we have the balls to do something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do me a favour as Mutineer has me on ignore, ask him about his thoughts on that midfield compared to what Hamish has delivered us. Point out Goulden was an academy player but we could have bidded a lot earlier than he went.

Speaking of Goulden, someone texted into 5AA saying we’ve offered him $1.2M a year. I hope we have the balls to do something like that.

We took Thilthorpe with pick 2 they took McDonald 4 and Campbell 5.
If we used our Pedlar pick 11 (or Cook 25 or Berry 28) to bid on Gulden would they have been able to match and still get Gulden?

Not confirmed but I reckon that caller’s putting two and two together, Twomey’s pointed out as two separate bits of info that 1) we’re trying to chase him, and 2) clubs are offering deals in that price range

Not confirmed but I reckon that caller’s putting two and two together, Twomey’s pointed out as two separate bits of info that 1) we’re trying to chase him, and 2) clubs are offering deals in that price range

He ain't coming to a fish bowl.

OK. Someone tell me how we are the ones rebuilding?

View attachment 1944729

Excluding ruck, that’s 25,24,23,29 years old

How are they so much younger (and better) than us 5 years into our F-ing rebuild?!?!?
You just know if someone like Nicks was there he'd have Boak in there. That's where one of Nicks fundamental beliefs has its major flaw. He believes you need experience in key position areas to win games. You can have youngsters around the edges, but you need hardened, senior players to get you there.

But how to players gain experience? By getting experience! Which is the one thing Nicks doesn't want to give. So he fools himself into thinking playing Pedlar up forward for 4 years is the way to go, that'll get him a experience! Then the mind tricks come in though, "we need a mid, who do we bring in? Pedlar? Can't be him, he's a forward he need him up there!"

We know we've needed midfielders, but then we have this fantastic idea to continually draft and play mids forward of the ball to "gain experience" which may be OK for 6-12 months, but eventually you need to pull the trigger to get them time where they were drafted to play.

So we should be doing (and should have done) the exact opposite of what we did do and done like what Port have done. Sloane, you're out of the midfield, go play half forward for your last 2 years. Laird? Guess who's replacing Milera at half back from now on?

Nicks spent 2020 to 2023 and the only real change to the midfield has been Dawson, which he could stomach because Dawson was a senior player.

Back