Recommitted Reece Conca [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

conca ' s best is much better than Howlett but he just can't get a good run of it because of injury.
If conca could get a couple of seasons in a row injury free he could be a solid 20-25th player .
Howlett will struggle to get a game for you guys next year and is a crab .
That is why essendon fans have been trying to offload him for years

Yeah, that's exactly why Conca is the reclamation project and Howlett is the reliable journeyman.

I think it is more to do with the fact Paul Roos just coaches a style that keeps exposing Hardwick. Us to you is like St.Kilda to us (Although we don't own anyone like the Saints own us).

You'll do a lot better against us with a better coach.
nathan jones's own words were we get up most for collingwood and richmond. wasn't having a dig just stating words from your own skippers mouth

Well, having everyone "in form" might be a pipe dream.

All things being equal, he could offer more than Hutchings.

If Lamb is out the door, that could be a reasonable swap.
You can't base it on Conca being fit and in form but not giving everyone else the same concession. I see him in front of Hutchings and McGinnity but I don't see them as best 22.

You can't base it on Conca being fit and in form but not giving everyone else the same concession.
Yeah, so on the basis that everyone is fit. Form is too fickle.

I see him in front of Hutchings and McGinnity but I don't see them as best 22.
I'd still take him if the cost is low. Add another AFL-ready mid under 25. He could even replace Ellis/Butler across HB if he doesn't click in the middle.

Suma Magic should write out a best 22 if WC were to recruit Conca.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre injuries he played well as a half forward with stints in the middle. Was hard at it, carried the footy and applied a lot of pressure around the ball

Nowadays he's apparently a half back with poor foot skills and suspect under pressure.

Bad coaching is bad.

Another club will see his potential and pay a 2nd rounder or trade a player who has similar potential

Gold Coast with 14 2nd rounders may dip their toe in as they need more mids.

Given he's still young Carlton could be tempted also.

Spare me you have a kid you have taken in the second round who has talent but hasn't done anything at AFL level.

Conca has shown he can play when he gets a run at it, he has had injuries but is a solid AFL when fit.

Truth be told I would prefer to keep Conca.

Lamb is a KPP he needs time to develop .He has shown plenty in the wafl .
We picked him up in the 2nd round due to perceived discipline problems .
Hasn't showed any since drafted .
Whoever gets lamb will get a bargain as he has talent and now 2 years of development .
No doubt if he was playing in a developing team he would have 10-15 games under his belt .

Happy for you to keep conca as he has shown he can't stay on the park, has fitness issues and is a dirty campaigner

Lamb is a KPP he needs time to develop .He has shown plenty in the wafl .
We picked him up in the 2nd round due to perceived discipline problems .
Hasn't showed any since drafted .
Whoever gets lamb will get a bargain as he has talent and now 2 years of development .
No doubt if he was playing in a developing team he would have 10-15 games under his belt .

Happy for you to keep conca as he has shown he can't stay on the park, has fitness issues and is a dirty campaigner

Would have thought KPF would be the hardest position to break into at The Eagles and given your quality up forward you can probably afford to take a risk on 1st round midfielder who was tracking well pre injuries and could actually add some run to a fairly one paced midfield?

Would have thought KPF would be the hardest position to break into at The Eagles and given your quality up forward you can probably afford to take a risk on 1st round midfielder who was tracking well pre injuries and could actually add some run to a fairly one paced midfield?

Lamb was always the type tthat would start hitting his straps at 22-23 by that time Kennedy would be retiring .
Lamb also knows he could be playing afl sooner if he played for a team in development needing forwards .

what round conca was taken is now irrelevant as he has enough exposed form to make a judgment.

As for one paced midfield you may need to keep him yourself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back