Recommitted Reece Conca [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

With players such as Redden and Sheed in the wings, can't see any reason for the Eaglds to chase Conca. Freo would be a better fit. Their midfield is aging with players like Mundy and Barlow careers ending soon.
Unfortunately for us Concas injury woes have devalued him, maybe you package him up with a draft selection for a higher pick or player.
We will delist a big chunk of our midfield depth this year so I could see us bringing in a mature body.don't want to rely on the youngsters too much in what could be a tilt at the flag.
Whether its conca or someone like ah chee from port who knows

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

With players such as Redden and Sheed in the wings, can't see any reason for the Eaglds to chase Conca.
West Coast's problem is that attempts to expand and upgrade the second tier of the midfield, basically an ongoing project since 2007, haven't really born fruit. Redden and Jetta were recruited but neither has fired a shot. Sheed has been injured and Duggan is still too young and lightly built to burden with real expectation. Wellingham was recruited as a midfielder but found his niche across HB. Yeo looks like he could cut it but drifts in and out of games so maybe is more a utility burst player than a full-time engine room mid. Masten has gone backwards and at times resembles a witch's hat on wheels. Ebert and Stevens left for other clubs. So did Rosa and Selwood. Waterman was drafted but got glandular fever. Cavka was drafted but retired without playing a game.

It means WC have Priddis, Shuey and Gaff as the top tier but not much reliable support. Even those guys have their limitations. It means we have the likes of Hutchings and Masten as cogs in that second tier, with Cripps and LeCras even rotating through. It's not ideal.

So yeah, any opportunity to snaffle another readymade mid on the right side of 25 should be considered. Especially if they're perhaps being undervalued due to a bad run with injury.

Last edited:
West Coast's problem is that attempts to expand and upgrade the second tier of the midfield, basically an ongoing project since 2007, haven't really born fruit. Redden and Jetta were recruited but neither has fired a shot. Sheed has been injured and Duggan is still too young and lightly built to burden with real expectation. Wellingham was recruited as a midfielder but found his niche across HB. Yeo looks like he could cut it but drifts in and out of games so maybe is more of a utility burst player rather than a full-time engine room mid. Masten has gone backwards and at times resembles a witch's hat on wheels. Ebert and Stevens left for other clubs. So did Rosa and Selwood. Waterman was drafted but got glandular fever. Cavka was drafted but retired without playing a game.

It means WC have Priddis, Shuey and Gaff as the top tier but not much reliable support. Even those guys have their limitations. It means we have the likes of Hutchings and Masten as cogs in that second tier, with Cripps and LeCras even rotating through. It's not ideal.

So yeah, any opportunity to snaffle another readymade mid on the right side of 25 should be considered. Especially if they're perhaps being undervalued due to a bad run with injury.
From another clubs point of view he's worth the punt because as you stated he's undervalued due to his history of injury. If the price is right clubs will take the punt on a guy that went pick 6. I'm a little bit surprised as an Eagle supporter you reckon he'd be considered but you make some good points.

From a Richmond point of view I think we will go to the trade period and see whats offered. At the end of the day though he's still contracted so if a trade can't be done then he lines up for us again in 2017

From another clubs point of view he's worth the punt because as you stated he's undervalued due to his history of injury. If the price is right clubs will take the punt on a guy that went pick 6. I'm a little bit surprised as an Eagle supporter you reckon he'd be considered but you make some good points.
If the price is right, why not?

Tom Lamb seems likely to leave and we wouldn't get much else for him. A straight swap would at least give WC another midfielder.

From a Richmond point of view I think we will go to the trade period and see whats offered. At the end of the day though he's still contracted so if a trade can't be done then he lines up for us again in 2017

The Tigers tried that last year ... with very little success. IMHO you have to be brave if you want to improve ...

Reece is an awesome young man, but it hasn't worked ... think its time to go your separate ways .. best outcome for both parties.

The Tigers tried that last year ... with very little success. IMHO you have to be brave if you want to improve ...

Reece is an awesome young man, but it hasn't worked ... think its time to go your separate ways .. best outcome for both parties.

If not for injury I'd definitely agree. He just hasn't been able to get any continuity in his football for over 2 years. I hope we can talk him out of leaving because don't think we'll get anything worthwhile for him.

I'd say a swap for Lamb would be fair if the club wants Conca. Not sure why people are saying Lamb is a KPP, that's not how I see him at all, more of a third tall/running wingman, but he would fill a need for the Tigers and after some initial disgust re: Conca he would be an upgrade on several of our midfielders and it wouldn't hurt us to have some c*** in there.

Richmond would take Lamb and run and laugh, even with his own issues. Is Conca's potential peak worth the risk? Probably not. Although I would still get if it was ridiculously cheap or if Richmond want McGinnity :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conca isn't playing because he's been injured.
Lamb isn't playing because? Well he's shite.
Of course you would do that trade.
I don't want Conca but if getting him for a spud is the price we have a bucketload better then Lamb to offer.

Conca well worth the risk for west coast whose b grade mids are closer to c grade
As for tigers taking Lamb
Why not
A bit more risky, but this could be one of those win win trades

I don't want Conca but if getting him for a spud is the price we have a bucketload better then Lamb to offer.
Lamb has been fairly good in the Wafl. Has been hard to break into the team given our reasonable run with injuries though. As for Conca, for the right price would be ok

Lamb has been fairly good in the Wafl. Has been hard to break into the team given our reasonable run with injuries though. As for Conca, for the right price would be ok

Lamb has been awful at WAFL level. A couple of ok games here and there. Not exactly what you expect from someone wanting to play the next level.
Conca looks overweight and is injury prone but he shits on Lamb in a player for player swap.

What could/would Freo offer?

What could/would Freo offer?

I'll be honest, he's not exactly what we need. Freo would only offer way unders as we have a mountain of midfielders and at full strength he would only be vying for their position rather then be a straight up upgrade on anyone.

When we're pushing a mid like Barlow out the door because we can see the youngsters coming through, we're not exactly going to entertain Conca.

He'd 100% be an Eagle need, but Tom Lamb was a joke. That said Richmond might do that to bring in some fresh faces and a new start, but my golly would that be unders.

Ty Vickery is probably considered a spud by many, but at Freo he walks into our forward line. At Eagles (despite being hated) he wouldn't even get a game.

Our teams have very much different needs.

Lamb has been awful at WAFL level. A couple of ok games here and there. Not exactly what you expect from someone wanting to play the next level.
Conca looks overweight and is injury prone but he shits on Lamb in a player for player swap.
Think your selling him short there mate. Averaging 17 possies and 6 marks as a high half forward isnt exactly awfull for a developing player

I would not take any less than a second rounder for Conca, or just keep him at Rich, has played some good footy at AFL level.
Sydney, Hawtorn and west coast already interested..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back