Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I randomly watched our first qtr the first time we played GWS in 2012.

We kicked 11 goals to 2 a training run.

But that was 9 years ago and we still have Nic, Shuey, JK, JD, Hurn and Gaff on our list.

Thats a lot of old guns.

We need to make the most of this year.

So Suma reckons Darcy wants out to Geelong

Suma’s gone with a massive troll on the Purples - Tucker and Darcy on their way out, Cerra ‘obviously’ going to leave too.

Considering they tend to turn over a good chunk of their Non-WA players, I guess he’ll probably get at least 1 of them right.

Remember Parker's little head nod celebration after he kicked that goal over his head in the first game at Optus? What a fu** head.
Nah man, that goal was pretty ******* good and I can’t blame him for enjoying it

3 years ago today was our first ever win @ Optus Stadium.

A cracking match v Geelong where we got out to a 33 point lead... blew it... trailed by 15 points at the 19 min mark of the last... had a mini comeback of our own kicking 6 goals in 10 mins to have a great win and win half comfortably by 15 points.

Pretty embarrassing that Swamp has written Sydney when he must mean West Coast

[EDIT - Corrected]

Not sure if serious; the figures for West Coast are the following (W-L-D):

Q1: 2-1-0 - 170.5%
Q2: 1-1-1 - 141.3%
Q3: 1-2-0 - 112.3%
Q4: 1-2-0 - 95.9%

Last edited:

Q1: 3-0-0 - 176.7%
Q2: 2-0-1 - 177.5%
Q3: 0-3-0 - 64.3%
Q4: 2-1-0 - 163.6%

Thats wrong

Against the bulldogs we kicked 6.3 to 3.2 to turn a 7 point half time deficit into a 12 point lead at 3/4 time - so we’ve won at least one 3rd quarter before I check anything else

We lost the first quarter against the bulldogs as well so we can’t be 3-0 in 1st quarters either

Suspension means only the inability to play on game day for however many matches the player is suspended for. It does not include “practice” matches but it does include official games at a lower level like the WAFL or VFL (think minor leagues in baseball)

Players are free to train and be around the club, attend matches as a spectator or even be in the coaches box

Unless, like Rioli, they are banned for doping in which case they can’t be at the club at all

Over the years my struggle has been getting live footy matches here. Now I'm trying to learn more of the finer points of the game and it's culture. My point of reference is US pro and amateur sports where suspension means separation as well. Thanks for the response.

An interesting aspect of Rioli's case is that, as his suspension was provisional for the first 18 or so months, he could have trained with the club right up until his official suspension was handed down in February... Mentally and emotionally it was considered better for him to be with his family up north, but if they lived in Perth, we could possibly have seen him around the club and he wouldn't have had to train on his own until these last few months of his suspension.

Q1: 3-0-0 - 176.7%
Q2: 2-0-1 - 177.5%
Q3: 0-3-0 - 64.3%
Q4: 2-1-0 - 163.6%

I was a bit bored so I had a look at the scoring figures for the first 3 games using the total points scored per quarter... Only a 3-week sample, but we have gotten out of the blocks fast and then have faded as the game has gone on.

1617844628379.png

3 years ago today was our first ever win @ Optus Stadium.

A cracking match v Geelong where we got out to a 33 point lead... blew it... trailed by 15 points at the 19 min mark of the last... had a mini comeback of our own kicking 6 goals in 10 mins to have a great win and win half comfortably by 15 points.

Highly enjoyable game.

I remember Ryan, with crutches, on Shuey’s back post game. Good times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats wrong

Against the bulldogs we kicked 6.3 to 3.2 to turn a 7 point half time deficit into a 12 point lead at 3/4 time - so we’ve won at least one 3rd quarter before I check anything else

We lost the first quarter against the bulldogs as well so we can’t be 3-0 in 1st quarters either

You are correct, my apologies - the away game data against the Bulldogs ended up the wrong way around.

Previous post has been corrected.

I was a bit bored so I had a look at the scoring figures for the first 3 games using the total points scored per quarter... Only a 3-week sample, but we have gotten out of the blocks fast and then have faded as the game has gone on.

View attachment 1096864
I think that's part of our defensive tactics. The Eagles are quite happy to shut down a game in the 4th if they have an 18 point lead. That's probably why it has been a long time since we've had one of those shock losses where you lead by 40 points at half time only to lose.

I ******* hate that the teams are only released the day before. Lucky im not playing dreamteam these days. Would be a nightmare
It is :(

Sunday games are a dream. Good breaks and day games. 2018 was the year I remember being disappointed at the amount of Sunday arvo games we got, and that year panned out quite well.

We’ll be hard to beat during the day, especially at home in the sun playing against Victorian teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back