RFC Board Election 2016 - Simon Wallace

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realize how a board operates ?
If elected the nominee will be given 1 vote on matters and will be expected to buy in and accept the majority decision.
A us against them attitude upon a board is extremely disruptive .
I don't know either gentleman, but going through their material, in this sense, I feel that Simon could work WITH the board as it stands. Not so sure I have the same feeling about Peter

giphy.gif

You do realise that a bunch of yes men that don't even ask the tough questions and just nod in agreement leads to some decisions being totally flawed?
You need healthy debate, and different ideas. No debate is a bad, bad environment to run a board in. It is OK to disagree if you approach it in the right way.
Whilst also accepting the majority decision when reached.
Totally agree , but what evidence is there that the current board are lap dogs ?

IMO both candidates will get in.
There is a big trend in world politics that people want change.
No different for this election IMO.
The throw away generation is now reaching voting age.
If it ain't how they think it should be they throw it away , without consideration of ramification.
It is just the way the whole world has become and it doesn't matter if it is family , partner , tv or boards.

Totally agree , but what evidence is there that the current board are lap dogs ?
I have none, and thats not my point in my response. You asked if we realise how a board operates, insinuating an us against them attitude in your post. What evidence of an us against them approach does Simon show? Clearly states a desire to work with. So it wasn't about the current board, but your assertions of what board changes would bring.

You say he is a muck raker? I reckon that is a stretch, big time. He has issues with governance, and has clearly outlined a different position. I would actually expect that if he wanted to replace an incumbent. It was measured, and by no means an attack, or dirty at any stage I can see.

If Ty Vickery under performs, do we as supporters accept the status quo, or do we question his position in the team? Reading the forums, I have a fair idea.
I think Simons approach has been professional, measured and fair. Much more so than rollercoaster, Caydon, FOF and Pete. A lot more stable in approach too.

We can't be scared of change. We don't have to accept it, but we can't be scared of it. We must look at it and decide if it is right. We must at least face change. There has, you must agree, been too much protection of current board members not facing proper elections, and people getting parachuted in.

We have the chance to vote. And if the current board is returned, we accept it and move forward, and you won't find me jumping up and down about it. But I will be voting, and am glad I can have my say.

There is plenty of to and fro on this board on many different issues, so we are a passionate bunch, which is great.

I personally can see a positive to some change on the board. If you can't, thats fine by me. You'll see I am not the type to get into wars on here. I am 45, and too old for that s**t. I just want a chance to get loud in September

Cheers

You do realise that a bunch of yes men that don't even ask the tough questions and just nod in agreement leads to some decisions being totally flawed?
You need healthy debate, and different ideas. No debate is a bad, bad environment to run a board in. It is OK to disagree if you approach it in the right way.
“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.”
George S. Patton Jr.

You could be right you could be wrong but what is not in question is the correctness of the statements.
34 yrs of abject failure says it is way past time we got passionate or as you belittilingly put it overdramatic.

Its hilarious we get if they dont have a vision they can get stuffed, now its moved to okay have a vision but dont criticise what has been badly done.
FFs the bloke is trying to get elected with all the odds stacked against him as it is and people dont want him to be able to say what has been done poorly.

I tell ya what demand the clubs nominees act within the same criteria. Most on the board have not even had to go thru an election opposed. The club has worked it where they nominate people and they are then elected unopposed as the incumbent. YOU know March retires in september a fill in like Ryan gets the gig with a month to go to the agm and is elected unopposed as the incumbent. Mate if you dont want to know or dont care fine keep your head in the sand but some of us want transparency and we want it so that change is not nigh on impossible unless your aligned to the current board.
Anyway What is so wrong with a nominee putting both the positive and negative sides of the argument.If the current mob had not got so much wrong there would be no need for change to start with.

What if there is no candidate willing to stand for the board when an election is due? That's one of the reasons why there isn't many elected candidates on the board.

Can I ask how do we know that hasn't happened?

Fmd you have been hit in the face with it for many yrs and still you cant see Mate i feel sorry gor ya.

Look clearly you dont want any change no matter how poorly things have been done and only an imbecile would argue the footy side of things has been abysmal the board in this matter have all avoided blame. Tell me how does blokes like Hardwick Jackson Richardson and on it goes make such monumental stuff ups for so long and nothing happens.Only logical conclusion is no one has been questioning anything.,
How do explain it has only been club approved and appointed board members who have got a gig in god knows how many yrs.
How does an under siege president not have to face an election for two terms in a row they are abusing the processes to keep their own on the board.They are patting each other on the back telling anyone who will listen what a grand job they have been doing of course for all this type of nonsense to prevail the board has to be full of yes men.

I reckon we ve lacked for diversity on the board, has already been well documented, EG if we had a Donald trump type that knew footy back to front, there's little chance some of the decisions would have been made that painted us into a corner. alas that's what neil balme has been hired for and being on staff TBH is better than on the board as they have the hands on the wheel with day to day decisions

The throw away generation is now reaching voting age.
If it ain't how they think it should be they throw it away , without consideration of ramification.
It is just the way the whole world has become and it doesn't matter if it is family , partner , tv or boards.

It's not my generation that's voting for Brexit and Trump, the people voting for these "changes" are distinctly older generations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we ve lacked for diversity on the board, has already been well documented, EG if we had a Donald trump type that knew footy back to front, there's little chance some of the decisions would have been made that painted us into a corner. alas that's what neil balme has been hired for and being on staff TBH is better than on the board as they have the hands on the wheel with day to day decisions

The Balme arrival is something I haven't cheered more about - out of season - in many years.

Delighted he's with us, and he seems to exude (and hopefully he shares) a composure that's full of quiet confidence. Heartily agree that his impact will be bigger than any (or even most?) directors and I doubt he's had many quiet mornings at work since joining.

Looking forward to seeing what we look like as a team when we start practice matches, and in the real stuff of course. Confidence would be a good start.

Cheers
Simon

Can I ask how do we know that hasn't happened?
I hope there has been healthy debate, I really do. I wouldn't know either way, and unlike some, I don't pretend to. I do think however, there is a stagnant part to the board I would like to see at least face the music. And, if someone comes with a clear plan as to what they see as a way forward, do we not at least listen?

I think my post 2-3 above yours tells you where I am at. As long as the process is open, I'm good. Don't want no Caydon, FOF types that are trying to tip the place upside down. But if there are candidates that are willing to work with the board, and have a clear platform, I'll listen.

We are in a decent place off field, where a lot has gone right. It doesn't mean we shouldn't look to get better. Plenty has happened in the off season I am really happy with, plenty. Best trading outcome for some time. Considering how bad our year on field was, the financial outcome wasn't too bad.

I don't want to burn the place down.

* Donald Trump ******* peice of s**t.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I thought he was a building tycoon and was involved with the Malvern group, but not 100%.
Caro mentioned him a while back , but his profile is vague.
Maybe somebody can help us out?
Maybe KiwiTiger can tell us who Robert Ralph is

need some creative minds and a volcano vape to replace the tigerskin in the boardroom

i think sean cummins brings nangs to hawthorn board meetings and they brush each other

very open minded interdimensional pillow fighting/biting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back