Strategy Moving on from three recent premierships, how does RFC grow from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
To me we can still win premierships but it is a different time.

JR and Cotch can still win a premiership, so can oldies like Tarrant.

However, we have to embrace the youth, we have to grow into a different group and combination against different matchups.

Dusty can still have a role but we will not be needed him to win Norm Smiths to get it done.

First thing is where is our growth and upside coming from??

Youth??

1980's was a long time ago, many will not even relate to it at all.

History does not repeat but it can rhyme.

Going forward we need to grab our future and run with it I think looking for a new light to lead the way!!

Good thread I reckon a lot of people will say lets top up like Geelong

I was not even thinking about Geelong.

Geelong to me has not been relevant until this year when Cameron has transformed. For Geelong its more about their new way and new additions this year. Mcrae has been a breathe of fresh air for coaches outlooks on teams I think at the Pies

But going forward Swans and others we will have to overcome.

Its interesting on Freo's board some of their posters are saying they have to go back before going forward because they feel they are not good enough yet so don't mind many departing

Even the Lions with Ashcroft and newcomers they are transforming to

Oh no, he's worked out how to start a thread.

We do not need to change coaches like the Pies but do we need to change our outlook?

In some way we need a new beginning I think

Fresh is a good thing. I look at Melbourne, they were looking back and got defeated. They where almost stagnant like waiting to be picked off like a sitting duck.

Like at Voss at CFC, new slate, lets start again with a lot of assets searching for more improvement and growth

New makes things interesting and helps galvanise focus and drive. An open palate gives people room to move explore and rise up.

The group needs to grow as one together and individually.

We need to find motion and move up

Last edited:
It starts at the top ... maintain stability, strong leadership, sensible decision making

We can't underestimate the impact of Peggy departing, and probably Benny soon (not to mention Cotch before too long on field)

Transitioning to the next generation of on & off field leaders is beyond crucial ... I feel on-field will take care of itself if we get this right (cf. the abomination over at Tullamarine)

I think we need to possible make a adjustment.

Re look values and culture.

I would try and install a growth focus

I would state growth before performance.

Performance is key but without growth performance is with a hand tied behind our back.

I look at the beginning of 2017 where we seemed more together as a team prior to season start. So growth was key to getting us started then.

We need a firestarter

Stability is important but motion and growth is even more important for the footy department including the players.

The reality is our growth is so important we cannot let three recent premierships hold us back even though the first was almost five years ago

We have to shake the cobwebs off and look and strive for more improvement and success

AdmiredNextGoldfish-max-1mb.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm, yes, your vision for our future is more like...

skipping-water.gif
That is the problem, you do not believe.

We need people with greater scope that can believe. To believe one needs a greater horizon to open the path towards a superior direction

Its like Fly at Collingwood, it is all in the mind. Breaking down those barrier roadblocks is key so we can get a avalanche of success like in 2017.

Fly has the growth focus, more at RFC need to embrace it!

This is actually a good thread and a good topic for discussion, but sadly posters behaving like morons and immature posting are cutting down the discussion bc they've lowered themselves to a level of playing the man. Really shows how sad people can stoop to and I really feel sorry that these people are at such a state in their lives. Shame, shame shame

Remove this Banner Ad

Back