Richmond joins Collingwood as the two biggest drawing clubs in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Dwayne Russell had to be reminded by Gerard Healy that in the mid seventies, the tigers were biggest club going around, bigger than the pies.

That is why the AFL has ****ed us going 30 years now. In the 70's under G Richmond it was us v everyone else including the VFL back then.

We did our own thing and told the VFL admin many times to go heck themselves.

Yes we were,we had tough hard tigers then..We had the best everything,players,banners were a big thing the loudest supporters.It was a great time to be a Richmond supporter,going to the footy knowing no one could match us.
as a bloke born in 1978 you have no idea how jealous i am to have missed those years, i need that Richmond back in my lifetime to die happy.

Wont happen, but if we have to play down at Geelong, have the tiger army turn up at the MCG...More people standing outside the G than are at the game in Geelong, just to stick it up the AFL.

That is why the AFL has ****** us going 30 years now. In the 70's under G Richmond it was us v everyone else including the VFL back then.

We did our own thing and told the VFL admin many times to go **** themselves.
Fairly sure they took our recruiting zone off us in the mid-late 70's because the team was so strong, and gave it to Hawthorn....Hawthorn of the 80's turned out ok.

Fairly sure they took our recruiting zone off us in the mid-late 70's because the team was so strong, and gave it to Hawthorn....Hawthorn of the 80's turned out ok.
Should sue the AFL for that and have them give 4 cups to us the rightful owners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory after it was allocated to Hawthorn the recruitment zones were meant to be rotated, but they weren't, probably because Hawthorn knew how strong it was and wanted to keep it.

I just want tiges to smash pies, blues and dees in 2015!:p
Ill be happy with that but is it ok to want us to smash everyone? :D On topic though its about time we got more games at the G, i all ways felt Demetriou (or how ever you spell his name) had it in for richmond with him being a north player from the 80's and his brother Ess from the 70's. 1st year under Gillon and low and behold the Tigs get plenty of games at the G. Im probably mad but it just seems that way to me.

Ill be happy with that but is it ok to want us to smash everyone? :D On topic though its about time we got more games at the G, i all ways felt Demetriou (or how ever you spell his name) had it in for richmond with him being a north player from the 80's and his brother Ess from the 70's. 1st year under Gillon and low and behold the Tigs get plenty of games at the G. Im probably mad but it just seems that way to me.
I'm loving the news of Richmond at the G but the one thing that bothers me is playin north at Etihad as a home game, I would prefer us to play a low member shipped based interstate team at Etihad like GWS or Gold Coast, but other than that I can't wait for the fixture to come out!

Im So excited to get to go the the MCG so many times next year!
And to have the atmosphere back!
This year it really did die off a little but 2013 was incredible!

Nothing like 80000 plus at the G day or night, I could die a very happy person and hopefully we can do that 4-5 times next year!

I thought we ****** ourselves back in the 80's.
GR took it to far screwed both Collingwood and Richmond, but we didn't pull ourselves out of the s**t quite as quick(that is a massive understatement), both clubs were days away from being closed.

Its one of the few things I love about being in my 50's I got to see the Tigers when they were big and it was us against them, the them being everyone else that wasn't a Tiger.

We are, if I remember correctly, the first team to get 1 million through the gates to watch our games back in 1980

No doubt in my mind that the fat one screwed us deliberately a number of times, even taking our pick for finishing last away and giving it out as a pp, I think Benny may be able to deal with Gillon much better, it's even sweeter as the Blues were hoping to play home games at the 'G, under Vlad that would have been at our expense, but the poor Blues couldn't scrape together the required 50,000 members to make it happen:D

Wont happen, but if we have to play down at Geelong, have the tiger army turn up at the MCG...More people standing outside the G than are at the game in Geelong, just to stick it up the AFL.
Can we cram Punt Rd to the rafters and have a big screen going should be able to do this if supporters are on the ground itself?

GR took it to far screwed both Collingwood and Richmond, but we didn't pull ourselves out of the s**t quite as quick(that is a massive understatement), both clubs were days away from being closed.

Its one of the few things I love about being in my 50's I got to see the Tigers when they were big and it was us against them, the them being everyone else that wasn't a Tiger.

We are, if I remember correctly, the first team to get 1 million through the gates to watch our games back in 1980
As a man born in 78 reading things like this gives me both goosebumps and tears of sadness, I will all ways love the club but i would trade everything i own and live in a cardboard box to watch the Tigs win a flag next year.

Please no game in Geelong. We should be exempt for next 20 years while coll, Carl, ess, haw should play there 10 times in that period
Hhmmm Groupie_ I see you couldn't be bothered writing your own comment so you just cut and pasted Madtiger2006 comment. ....or or are you really the same person? ????!!!!!

Hhmmm Groupie_ I see you couldn't be bothered writing your own comment so you just cut and pasted Madtiger2006 comment. ....or or are you really the same person? ????!!!!!
Please no game in Geelong. We should be exempt for next 20 years while coll, Carl, ess, haw should play there 10 times in that period

14 MCG + 1 Etihad = 15 games in Melbourne = 6 interstate trips and 1 trip to geelong.

Geelong want a big club in geelong on the proviso that none of their supporters can get in, Richmond sell a 16 game H & A membership which means 1 of those away games is null and void, I am sick and tired of Richmond having to go to Geelong when other clubs avoid the trip like the plague.

Yeah coz I have noticed when we play then anywhere other than Geelong the games have been so close....;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back