Richmond. The rebuild to the 2017 premiership (Review on 2016-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough.
Lots of young talent there.
Reckon if you compare it to the GWS and Melbourne group around the same age they might come up a bit short.
Hope they develop as you expect.

There's no certainties if you posted most of your 22 before last year it would have looked no where near it.

There's no certainties if you posted most of your 22 before last year it would have looked no where near it.
Elites were always there.
Cotchin, Rance, Martin.
Riewoldt very good as a consistent 50 goal a year player.

Then a solid core of support players.

Not sure the Saints will have the elite and very good players in that list, hopefully a fair few good and solid players. No Martins on that list. Don’t even think there’s a Jack Reiwoldt there. Hope I’m wrong but think Bruce and Membrey may get a bit better, but not be the 50+ goal forward fans are expecting.

GWS have a glut of them of very good younger players- Cameron, Patton, Coniglio, Shiel, Greene, Kelly and a good handful of others who could potentially step up.

Melbourne have fewer but Petracca, Hogan, Oliver, Viney could all be elite.

Elites were always there.
Cotchin, Rance, Martin.
Riewoldt very good as a consistent 50 goal a year player.

Then a solid core of support players.

Not sure the Saints will have the elite and very good players in that list, hopefully a fair few good and solid players. No Martins on that list. Don’t even think there’s a Jack Reiwoldt there. Hope I’m wrong but think Bruce and Membrey may get a bit better, but not be the 50+ goal forward fans are expecting.

GWS have a glut of them of very good younger players- Cameron, Patton, Coniglio, Shiel, Greene, Kelly and a good handful of others who could potentially step up.

Melbourne have fewer but Petracca, Hogan, Oliver, Viney could all be elite.

Carlisle Billings Membrey McCartin Acres Gresham could all be elite.

Jeez I luv these threads.
Seeing oppo fans rally around the RFC, and bow down before it.
Not quite as good as watching oppo teams bend over afore us, but it will do.

If we had Hawkins instead of Riewoldt, we would have only won the flag by a couple of kicks.

Jeez I luv these threads.
Seeing oppo fans rally around the RFC, and bow down before it.
Not quite as good as watching oppo teams bend over afore us, but it will do.
You guys really are embarrassing yourselves :thumbsu:

Carlisle Billings Membrey McCartin Acres Gresham could all be elite.
On what the above have shown, Billings and Gresham have future AA potential. Next step will be making he squad of 40.
Hopefully in the next 2-3 years.

Carlisle is 26 so is probably close to his peak. He will be solid for another 4 years.

Acres averages 18 disposals as an 22 year old. Younger mids from the last 2 years have passed him by. I’d be expecting more for a guy who could be elite. Think Zach Merritt, Patrick Cripps, Josh Kelly, Clayton Oliver - all around the same age.

McCartin has been crueled by injury but for a forward whose best return is 2 goals, I wouldn’t be expecting him to be your 60 goal a year key forward.

Membrey regressed this year but if he kicks 50 this season he only has another 7 years of 50+ goals to get to Jack Riewoldts consistency. Will monitor with interest.

Hope they all progress as expected for you.

By "big dogs" I assume you are conceding that you are very likely to do a 2017 bulldogs this year?

Melbourne have played in twice as many grand finals as Richmond in the last 35 years. Sure, they haven't won one in that time, but 1 flag and 4 spoons in over 35 years, and suddenly Richmond fans are throwing around 'minnow' insults.
Spoken like a true minnow club fan. The one that sells games to tasmania to stay afloat :D even after winning 3 flags in a row

And you're just so mature with your posting. Go to the Richmond board, you don't belong on the main board.
Mate your club is a small club with no supporters. It’s not like its not true.

I think you have made good points here.
It is almost impossible for Geelong to mis the 8 given that they have the biggest home ground advantage in VFL/AFL history. Even then, when they look challenged, the umpires come in to rescue the. For examples , look at the Port Adelaide and Richmond games from 2017.
Unfortunately, since Dank and Robinson stopped providing 'input', they get found out as soon as they are forced to play on the big stage.

Many Geelong supporters have reasonably argued that Geelong should never have to play anywhere else other than in Geelong. The argument goes something like "Geelong players don't have any more character than their supporters, how the hell are they supposed to compete on a level playing field".
This is a completely rational argument. If the AFL wants Geelong to survive, remembering that it's brave supporters heroically abandon their club at the first sign of a challenge, I think it needs to come up with more unfair advantages to keep poor little Geelong competitive :thumbsu:

I don't know about all that. Dank, umpires, cheat grounds and stuff. I was referring to how Martin (your best player) has a winning percentage of only 51.12%. Josh Caddy's probably your biggest winner?

The point with that post was Richmond could go either way next season. Whereas Geelong are proven winners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On what the above have shown, Billings and Gresham have future AA potential. Next step will be making he squad of 40.
Hopefully in the next 2-3 years.

Carlisle is 26 so is probably close to his peak. He will be solid for another 4 years.

Acres averages 18 disposals as an 22 year old. Younger mids from the last 2 years have passed him by. I’d be expecting more for a guy who could be elite. Think Zach Merritt, Patrick Cripps, Josh Kelly, Clayton Oliver - all around the same age.

McCartin has been crueled by injury but for a forward whose best return is 2 goals, I wouldn’t be expecting him to be your 60 goal a year key forward.

Membrey regressed this year but if he kicks 50 this season he only has another 7 years of 50+ goals to get to Jack Riewoldts consistency. Will monitor with interest.

Hope they all progress as expected for you.

Membrey is moving into elite for his position 3rd tall. McCartin is better suited rotating between the key posts a clear run without Riewoldt will see him move into the elite forward bracket in the coming years. Acres has the most scope again his first year without injury. Carlisle is un the top bracket of key backs.

Two of those four aren’t ‘elite’.

Dangerfield, Selwood, Duncan and Ablett are far superior. Menegola is better than Cotchin too.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I think you will find Harolad set some bait of his own.

Comparing one of our fringe midfielders to a premiership captain would seem a bit obvious to most of us but it seems to have worked well for him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

To be fair, Haro posts some snakebaker like s**t. It's pretty wild. Who could tell?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair, Haro posts some snakebaker like s**t. It's pretty wild. Who could tell?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nah, snake gave the impression he believes his crap...Haro is just a blatantly over the top troll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back