mighty tiges

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2002
oneeyed-richmond.com
AFL Club
Richmond
1:51:49 PM Wed 18 February, 2004
afl.com.au

The Tigers will be without Matthew Richardson, who starred in the intra-club match last Friday, and skipper Wayne Campbell who is not quite ready to resume after last season's Achilles tendon surgery, for the club's opening Wizard Home Loans Cup match against the Western Bulldogs at Telstra Dome on Friday night.

Richardson is apparently suffering from 'general soreness'.

On Thursday the Tigers expect to name a captain for the match from the club's leadership group - Andrew Kellaway, Kane Johnson, Greg Stafford, Mark Chaffey, Greg Tivendale and Brad Ottens.

Richmond squad: Brad Ottens, Mark Chaffey, Nathan Brown, Kayne Pettifer, Greg Stafford, Justin Blumfield, Aaron Fiora, Ben Marsh, Shane Morrison, David Rodan, Tim Fleming, Ray Hall, Shane Tuck, Thomas Roach, Mark Coughlan, Jay Schulz, Bill Nichols, Kane Johnson, Luke Weller, Chris Hyde, Greg Tivendale, Simon Fletcher, Chris Newman, Ty Zantuck, Andrew Kellaway, Kelvin Moore, Marc Dragicevic, Adam Houlihan.

Western Bulldogs squad: Daniel Bandy, Scott Bassett, Shane Birss, Patrick Bowden, Matthew Boyd, Adam Cooney, Daniel Cross, Luke Darcy, Nathan Eagleton, Cameron Faulkner, Simon Garlick, Lindsay Gilbee, Ryan Hargrave, Brian Harris, Ben Harrison, Brad Johnson, Steven Koops, Kieran McGuiness, Adam Morgan, Robert Murphy, Sam Power, Jade Rawlings, Farren Ray, Matthew Robbins, Wayde Skipper, Rohan Smith, Peter Street, Scott West.

Good to see Moore and Dragga make the squad as rookies as well as Tommy Roach.

Also pleasing to see the newbies in Morrison, Weller & Tuck in the squad.

I wonder whether the AFL will allow the extra 4 on the interchange Friday night because we are expecting a hot day (34c I think they said) and the extreme heat policy may apply.

Both the tigers and the bulldogs have selected a 28 man squad. I dunno if that is aloud but they may have done that just to have a wider view of who to pick. I think that 2 on that list wont play. I would also like to know why isnt andrew krakouer on that list for. Im so disapointed about Richo and Cambo they would of diced them up but they are missing Giansiracusa,Hahn,Grant and McMahon so that is alrite i suppose.

Anyway K.Johnson for captain :D

Going on the above the following are missing from the squad. Looks as if we are not going all out to win which is fine by me so long as they're putting the new blokes thru their paces. Hopefully we'll get to see a bit of the new blokes.

Kyle Archibald
Joel Bowden
Wayne Campbell
Nathan Foley (Rookie)
Darren Gaspar
Alex Gilmour
Brent Hartigan
Rory Hilton
Daniel Jackson
Duncan Kellaway
Andrew Krakouer
Andrew Raines
Matthew Richardson
Matthew Rogers

For a club that has been spruiking about how injury free and cherry ripe we are, we all the same look to have a few. Bowden Campbo, Gas and Krak will be in our best 22. Hilton at his best would also be.

I'm looking forward to seeing just about each and evey one of the players in the squad selected. The new guys for obvious reasons. The recycled guys on their last chance. The blokes returning from injury. The regulars in new positions. The blokes who have been "flying" on the track. The rookies on the main stage. :D

Justin Blumfield
Nathan Brown
Mark Chaffey
Mark Coughlan
Marc Dragicevic
Aaron Fiora
Tim Fleming
Simon Fletcher
Ray Hall
Adam Houlihan
Chris Hyde
Kane Johnson
Andrew Kellaway
Ben Marsh
Kelvin Moore
Shane Morrison
Chris Newman
Bill Nichols
Brad Ottens
Kayne Pettifer
Thomas Roach
David Rodan
Jay Schulz
Greg Stafford
Greg Tivendale
Shane Tuck
Luke Weller
Ty Zantuck

BRING IT ON....................:D

I played a mean kick to kick with the boys, Cairo :)

Come on sunshine, if you're gonna big note yourself, may as well spill ya guts.

Originally posted by cairo tiger
we never had a condition called general soreness when l played.
we played with flipppend general soreness every week.
richo is always generally sore

There was a bit more on this in today's Hun. Apparently he had jarred his knee in the intra-club game and it had swollen a bit. He is being rested for pre-cautionary measures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with u Julz, he's still a good perv :D

TOO, i'm hoping that the focus on Cogs and not Richo might have some sort of effect and will leave the pressure off him to perform.

Then again, pigs might fly too.

Wouldn't matter what Richo did, everybody picks on everything he does down to the nth degree. Most of it he brings on himself, but gee it would be nice to see him play a season without the hysteria that surrounds him.

It has been a miserable career for someone who promised so much. Damn the injuries he got throughout his career that really stifled the continuity of having a couple of full seasons to develop. And damn him for being him - he really is a head case.

For him, i wish him a great 2004.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back