Votes: 17 15.9%
  • 43. Bauer

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 45. Young

Votes: 36 33.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Screenshot 2023-08-28 161515.jpg
A real middle of the road side this season, our percentage and ladder position are reflective of that. Not sure we are better next year even with Lynch coming back, given the collective drop off to all aspects of the game

You think we look better without Lynch? Crikey..

Wow, do you know anything about football??

Dusty would play better without Lynch, not to mention Ryan, Balta, Gibcus....

I guess better teams play better football

If we let him go now he gets the chance to win premierships and we get as much as we can for him to put towards the future

Wow, do you know anything about football??

Dusty would play better without Lynch, not to mention Ryan, Balta, Gibcus....

I guess better teams play better football

If we let him go now he gets the chance to win premierships and we get as much as we can for him to put towards the future
Looks like the Korn has won T Tarranto not even named in AA Squad
He probably got outvoted and begrudgingly let Dusty in the squad

Ended the year better than we started it IMHO.

Got a few young players getting games into them and showing a bit. That's all you can ask for in a cluster* season.

Will never forgive Hardwick for saying "it's all too hard" and then turning up with a s**t eating grin at fold coast. He can get ****ed.
I tend to agree.

I love Dimma for the 3 flags etc, but he's full of s**t with the whole "complete burnout" routine. Or whatever he said.

It implied that he needed a very long break from coaching, not just a few months.

I tend to agree.

I love Dimma for the 3 flags etc, but he's full of s**t with the whole "complete burnout" routine. Or whatever he said.

It implied that he needed a very long break from coaching, not just a few months.

I’m not sure Dimma is a perfect wordsmith. I’m pretty sure the situation was “I’m sick of you blokes and you’re sick of me”.

It’s not burn out per se, but the relationship ran its race even though I don’t think it was handled well.

Absolute disgrace that the egotistical pig headed korn let his want of not being wrong get in the way of actually getting things right. At a minimum Taranto makes the squad. What an embarrassment that loser is
Who picks the squads I was under the impression clubs put fwd names. Could be wrong

Betting Tigers dont get a bottom 6 finish draw for next year.
Probably something like only getting both WCE and Freo once (although Freo could be a half decent side so might get them twice) both in Perth. We will get GCS twice but away first and at home at Marvel. We will get Geelol twice and have to play them at Kittylitter park. We won’t play either of Hawks or Roos until about around ten in the hope our season will be in tatters by that time. (Although Hawks might be half decent next year also).
Will get Brisbane, Port and Sydney all away, but will get GWS at home and maybe Adelaide but might also be away.
Will get Essendon early before they turn crap.
Dogs and Stkilda games both at Marvel, maybe even one of those as a home game.
Let’s see how close I get!!!

View attachment 1788401
A real middle of the road side this season, our percentage and ladder position are reflective of that. Not sure we are better next year even with Lynch coming back, given the collective drop off to all aspects of the game
nah, the season ended when Lynch broke his foot, I knew it the very moment it happened.
So did Dimma.

Despite all that, if Mansell had been able to kick a set shot through a 20 metre (!) gap, we would have likely made finals anyway.

basically the season died in that moment...20 metres...the average length of a male Blue Whale...and that is the biggest animal that has ever lived on planet earth, bigger than any dinosaur.

Anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1788401

That's what the new coach will fix. Hence why i don't want Mini or Clarke. Need new blood, a different voice, Newy or Yze, please!

That's what the new coach will fix. Hence why i don't want Mini or Clarke. Need new blood, a different voice, Newy or Yze, please!

Yze is impressive when he speaks publicly. Dunno if it’s just me being conditioned over the last 13 years but he was a long sleeve wearer. Suspect.

nah, the season ended when Lynch broke his foot, I knew it the very moment it happened.
So did Dimma.

Despite all that, if Mansell had been able to kick a set shot through a 20 metre (!) gap, we would have likely made finals anyway.

basically the season died in that moment...20 metres...the average length of a male Blue Whale...and that is the biggest animal that has ever lived on planet earth, bigger than any dinosaur.

Anyway.

They just found a dinosaur in Argentina a few years ago that was (probably) bigger than the blue whale. But not so big that the average AFL player couldn't kick further than its body length :D

You are aware that Blair Hartley does the re-signings and not Hardwick

I'm pretty sure he doesn;'t do it at his own whim. He negotiates them based on the recommendations of others, with the coach being the loudest voice, generally.

And from looking at the horrendous Hopper trades, I assume that "what Dimma wants, he surely must have - at any cost".

Yze is impressive when he speaks publicly. Dunno if it’s just me being conditioned over the last 13 years but he was a long sleeve wearer. Suspect.
Melbourne have a great profile, but Yze has been the bridesmaid for a few jobs now which is a bit of a concern

I'll be supporting Brisbane and Port as first choices. I like the Lions more, but they will pull ahead of us in flags this century if they win so that would be disappointing.

Demons next of the obvious candidates (as in top 4 sides). They would move ahead of us on all time flags so that would be annoying.

Can't stand Saints.

Carlton would be a disaster. Though it probably doesn't seem like that right now.

Swans I could handle, and GWS I would find perfectly acceptable as no one would really care, and it would only upset the teams that missed out on the flag.

So in summary it is:

• Lions (have a soft spot for them and Fitzroy)
  • GWS (good for them and an old assistant Tiger coach. No one would really care)
  • Port (not really fussed by them)
  • Sydney (not a fan, but I could handle it)
  • Demons (don't actually dislike them, but don't want them to get to 14 flags)
  • Saints (Never liked the Saints, they are pretty harmless though. Also no chance of winning)
  • Blues (would all be fun and games until they did actually win. Would be rough if that bandwagon got going. They were unbearable back in the 80's and 90's)
  • Pies (The top seed. Surprisingly I never really disliked Collingwood, but I do a lot more in recent years with McCrae taking over. He is obviously a good coach, but it feels like we have been cheap changed somehow. McCrae and the Pies get so much credit for doing things that we did during our successful years that it rubs me the wrong way.It also feels like they have been riding a wave of momentum the last 18 months, but they are not actually that good of a footy side, but time will tell).
We think so alike it’s scary….

Why I don’t mind Carlton is because it will end the thread “first to 17 Premierships”

Very easy to say all this in hindsight

Yeah that is true too. But i personally spoke against these moves and got shot down continually here, as well did quite a few others. The hindsight was hardly a wildcard - most of those decisions and the end results we had were quite predictable. I thought it seemed desperate and dellusional to think this team just needed to add Hopper, Taranto & Tarrant while losing Houli, Astbury, Lambert, Edwards & could seriously challenge again, especially considering when considering our form and patchy workrate

It's silly to assume no mistakes are ever made. That is literally impossible. There's always going to be wrong decisions in hindsight.

We had a once in a lifetime team. You take EVERY chance you have to try to cash in on that as much as possible, even if there's some short term pain because of it. These teams don't come around often, so to not go for that 4th flag would have been an incredibly poor decision.

Mistakes do happen & 80% of these mistakes are less significant if it isn't for the accumulative damage mainly due to the failed gamble on Hopper & Taranto deal.

We gave up 6,12,19,31 for Taranto & Hopper while committing a chunky combined slice of cap-space for a 7 year period at the same time. The deal lengths are outrageously long which makes them very risky as career ending injuires can happen to any player, at any time. It's the type of length contract you perhaps offer a prime Dusty or Buddy as the upside is outrageous, but to double down and offer it to both these guys always seemed incredibly risky. If that was what was required to "get it done", we should have walked away. The risk/reward odds were never appealing

Last edited:
It's silly to assume no mistakes are ever made. That is literally impossible. There's always going to be wrong decisions in hindsight.

We had a once in a lifetime team. You take EVERY chance you have to try to cash in on that as much as possible, even if there's some short term pain because of it. These teams don't come around often, so to not go for that 4th flag would have been an incredibly poor decision.
Exactly. We are in the business of winning flags. And literally most of us believed with how many close losses we had and the midfield being weak that these acquisitiona were good. And they can still prove to be good. Taranto certainly has. Other things have gone wrong though. I'd be disappointed in the club for not trying.

Some nuffies here have even suggested dimma should of walked away after 2020. As if noone would go and try at least for a 3peat. Unbelievable thinking that's born out of hindsight. Most would of cried if he had walked out at that tkme

Exactly. We are in the business of winning flags. And literally most of us believed with how many close losses we had and the midfield being weak that these acquisitiona were good. And they can still prove to be good. Taranto certainly has. Other things have gone wrong though. I'd be disappointed in the club for not trying.

Some nuffies here have even suggested dimma should have walked away after 2020. As if noone would go and try at least for a 3peat. Unbelievable thinking that's born out of hindsight. Most would of cried if he had walked out at that tkme
He shouldn’t have walked away after 2020 but he should have been sacked. Benny and Peggy ****ed that up completely

His behaviour split the club and ended Our dominant era

Some nuffies here have even suggested dimma should of walked away after 2020. As if noone would go and try at least for a 3peat. Unbelievable thinking that's born out of hindsight. Most would of cried if he had walked out at that tkme
Don't see what the issue is with Taranto/Hopper acquisitions. Inside mid was our biggest deficiency and we addressed that. If we hadn't, then posters would've complained about us not addressing our midfield.

The single biggest reason this year was disappointing is Lynch's injury. Lynch plays, we make finals, the bloke is that good and that important.

Back