Votes: 17 15.9%
  • 43. Bauer

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 45. Young

Votes: 36 33.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Big men take time to mature what’s Ryan 22 Jesus , Gawn was s**t at 22
I don’t think Gawn was no good at 22, he obviously got better.
Key attribute for me for Ryan is clunking marks when there are only his hands on the ball. Seen him drop a lot and don’t think that’s much of a maturity thing. More an ability thing.

I don’t think Gawn was no good at 22, he obviously got better.
Key attribute for me for Ryan is clunking marks when there are only his hands on the ball. Seen him drop a lot and don’t think that’s much of a maturity thing. More an ability thing.
I see it more as an experience issue

This year was his first at afl level and with Lynch missing when he played he played on defenders a lot more experienced than him

By ave he took more marks than Miller who has more experience and older

He is tracking pretty well and he’s only going to improve year over year

This year was his first at afl level and with Lynch missing when he played he played on defenders a lot more experienced than him

I got no doubt Ryan gonna be a gun.. he’s got that campaigner and determination about him, love his attitude

Miller on the other hand 🤦‍♂️
Has all the elite attributes except determination, campaigner and confidence

I got no doubt Ryan gonna be a gun.. he’s got that campaigner and determination about him, love his attitude

100%

Give me Ryan busting a pack and dropping a mark and getting dirty on himself over Miller taking a couple of uncontested marks on a lead any day of the week

Wow, do you know anything about football??

Dusty would play better without Lynch, not to mention Ryan, Balta, Gibcus....

I guess better teams play better football

If we let him go now he gets the chance to win premierships and we get as much as we can for him to put towards the future
Seek help.

This is spot on. He's still raw but he is an absolute competitor and he's got good skills. Just needs time. Plenty to work with here, its down to him but he has all the traits to be one of the best in the comp in his position in time.

Don’t forget many wanted Rance delisted as well for many different reasons. Let’s see how Miller goes.

Don't see what the issue is with Taranto/Hopper acquisitions. Inside mid was our biggest deficiency and we addressed that. If we hadn't, then posters would've complained about us not addressing our midfield.

The single biggest reason this year was disappointing is Lynch's injury. Lynch plays, we make finals, the bloke is that good and that important.
100% agree. Which is why we need to strengthen that position greatly, can't pin all our hopes on one player as he has been injury prone.

Without Taranto and hopper the results would of been the same and you'd get ppl here crying we didn't bring them in

Don’t forget many wanted Rance delisted as well for many different reasons. Let’s see how Miller goes.

Rance was his decision making. You could never question his commitment to the contest, he was almost kamikaze like. When he learnt to play within his skill set he became one of the best defenders the game has seen.

He was also a pretty high draft pick. Miller is the absolute tease. Does some nice things every now and then but he isn't a competitive beast like Rance was and thats what we need. Jury is out for me with Miller.

Yeah I hope it clicks for him but Rance always was super competitive and harsh on himself

Whereas Miller just seems to go thru the motions and accept his mediocracy

Last edited:
Yeah I hope it clicks for him but Rance always was super competitive and harsh on himself

Whereas Miller just seems to go thru the motions and accept his mediocrity

Tross was a great interceptor. Someone will prove me wrong but my memories of him was getting into position, and when he marked the ball it was almost always two hands up at the highest point. When he wasn't spoiling it.

Sometimes just being great at the fundamentals is enough. Saw it with Chol, see it with Biggie and Miller, you have these huge guys with the traits but trying to take one hand marks. IMO that competitiveness, to work on the weaknesses and translate into game day performance is what's missing.

I think Bauer will make it, I can see it with him. If he doesn't make it it won't be because of a lack if competitiveness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton needs to do less finessing around goal and needs to see a sports psychologist.

We need Emma Murray back to help the new coaching group shape and strenghten the new look team.

Or David Astbury, he works at HPM that Emma founded and his Tiger links are obvious.

Got a few young players getting games into them and showing a bit. That's all you can ask for in a cluster* season.

Will never forgive Hardwick for saying "it's all too hard" and then turning up with a s**t eating grin at fold coast. He can get ****ed.
yes so true Hardwick is starting to annoy me, just like he was when he was at Essendon

Wow, do you know anything about football??

Dusty would play better without Lynch, not to mention Ryan, Balta, Gibcus....

I guess better teams play better football

If we let him go now he gets the chance to win premierships and we get as much as we can for him to put towards the future
when Lynch is firing he is the best for FF in the comp, and as for Dusty he is a magician he works well with everyone. off the top of my head Martin and Lynch in the same team has been very very rare inn 22/23. and boy oh boy have we suffered.

love big Sammo hope we reward him early, make a big statement and give him the number 12

Rance was his decision making. You could never question his commitment to the contest, he was almost kamikaze like. When he learnt to play within his skill set he became one of the best defenders the game has seen.

He was also a pretty high draft pick. Miller is the absolute tease. Does some nice things every now and then but he isn't a competitive beast like Rance was and thats what we need. Jury is out for me with Miller.
Tyler Young a great case in point. Plays very well within his skill set. Imagine if he can develop some of Millers natural skill traits. I like Young a lot.

Tross was a great interceptor. Someone will prove me wrong but my memories of him was getting into position, and when he marked the ball it was almost always two hands up at the highest point. When he wasn't spoiling it.

Sometimes just being great at the fundamentals is enough. Saw it with Chol, see it with Biggie and Miller, you have these huge guys with the traits but trying to take one hand marks. IMO that competitiveness, to work on the weaknesses and translate into game day performance is what's missing.

I think Bauer will make it, I can see it with him. If he doesn't make it it won't be because of a lack if competitiveness.
Ditto Bauer. If he wants it he will make it. I'm backing the kid in.

People keep saying this. Yze has been knocked back twice, the same amount as Dimma was before he got the job @ Richmond.
But but but...he's been knocked back 8 times they said, or was it 9?

Back