Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Nth, changes for Port Adelaide & All things Trent and Jack.

Best on vs North

• 1. Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • 2. Dylan Grimes

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 3. Dion Prestia

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • 4. Dustin Martin

Votes: 125 91.9%
  • 5. Jack Ross

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • 7. Liam Baker

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • 8. JACK

Votes: 47 34.6%
  • 9. TRENT

Votes: 52 38.2%
  • 10. Maurice Rioli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14. Tim Taranto

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • 15. Jayden Short

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 17. Daniel Rioli

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • 20. Ivan Soldo

Votes: 69 50.7%
  • 21. Noah Balta

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • 22. Jacob Hopper

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • 25. Toby Nankervis

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • 27. Thomas Dow

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • 29. Shai Bolton

Votes: 104 76.5%
  • 33. Kamdyn McIntosh

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 34. Jack Graham

• 35. Nathan Broad

• 45. Tylar Young

Votes: 22 16.2%
  • 50. Marlion Pickett

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Has there been a bigger celebration of two retiring players (plus Ziebell i guess) that anyone can recall? I think Jack hit the nail when he said it felt like grand final day.

Great turn out with a few past players. From what i've watched back I've found Edwards, Astbury, Houli, King, Richo, Maric, Nahas, Hampson, Chris Knights, Hunt, Drummond, Matt Thomas, Pat Naish, Foley, Batchelor, Grigg, Morris with the VFL boys. Anyone else spotted?

Has there been a bigger celebration of two retiring players (plus Ziebell i guess) that anyone can recall? I think Jack hit the nail when he said it felt like grand final day.

Great turn out with a few past players. From what i've watched back I've found Edwards, Astbury, Houli, King, Richo, Maric, Nahas, Hampson, Chris Knights, Hunt, Drummond, Matt Thomas, Pat Naish, Foley, Batchelor, Grigg, Morris with the VFL boys. Anyone else spotted?

Newman ?

Liked Dow's game again Bolton and Martin taking the piss and Balta forward provided another key target. Wouldn't mind him starting at CHF next year with big sexy in the square. Provided Gibcus and Young can hold down key defensive posts
Correct agree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone else find it really interesting the Rance wasn't there with all the other past players?

Him and Jack were really close friends, so it's a massive surprise, especially given blokes like Drummond were out there.
He was busy knocking on doors

Adam Pattison, Andrew Collins

Last edited:
Liked Dow's game again Bolton and Martin taking the piss and Balta forward provided another key target. Wouldn't mind him starting at CHF next year with big sexy in the square. Provided Gibcus and Young can hold down key defensive posts
Only thing I would like to see from Dow is see him involved across all 4qtrs more consistently

I’m both games he was everywhere early but seemed to be less involved as the match went on

It may be due to midfield rotations and other factors but this week especially with no Cotch again I really want to see that 4qtr effort

But really like what he has shown the last few weeks and would be disappointed if he isn’t given a contract extension for a year or two to see if he can cement himself in the 22 next year

Good dissertation on our rucks and midfield. I'm no fan of Nank as Captain, and we seem to lose it out of the middle. The Hawks game where Soldo rucked vs Reeves no names Worpel & Nash got were channeling Neale out of the centre. It was like Dunstall days for them, lead out chest mark, kick another goal. We broke even in clearances around the ground. Won the game just.

Lets look at the Dogs game First bounce Nank "wins" the hit out the ball is on the ground all players shoulder to shoulder. Bolton wins it.

Next one English jumps high, looks spectacular, but barely makes contact with ball, its on the ground Bont has read it better than TT, runs and clears, 2nd centre square,

Next: English doesn't win the hit out purely but mungs it Libba gets hands on, scraps with Bolton but handballs to Bont and they're away.

Quite the exercise in selective timeline jumping there, tora. :D;)

Second game back from injury Soldo did the Perth trip then went into the Hawks game off a 5-day back up. He still managed to get up and win us control of the game in the last quarter (Reeves has no shortage of great performances against very good rucks this year if you look into it, BTW), but even so, it's hardly a fair game to isolate and base an assessment of his recent worth on, is it?

Week after with a proper rest, you've chosen to entirely skip the long list of highlights he had against Gawn, which hardly seems fair either. ;)

As for the Dogs game, sure you can make a case it was simply down to their mids outplaying ours, beating them to genuinely 50/50 contests at the coal face, but we didn't give them the advantage we could have, did we? You'll find that the vast majority of our scoring happened when Soldo was in the ruck (as it did again this week until the last quarter when their kids ran out of legs) and the only times we scored successive goals at key stages of the game and looked some chance of fighting back was when Soldo was in the ruck.

The ruck split was around 65/35, we effectively lost by that margin we conceded in the 1Q which had 10 centre clearance contests, so it's really not hard to make a case that if Soldo starts first ruck - as his form from the week before deserved - the game would have at the very least been much closer, if not tipped our way.

Back