• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see it that was if you want the details last two weeks
Jacks opponent has been pivotal to the oppo W
Zerk thatcher
Aliir
I could go back further , you get my drift , and who’s been on the HBF that have ran riot ,,,
So what I’m saying if their intercept defender only takes 4/5 marks instead of 10 then the whole dynamic changes and we could turn those gruelling < 10p losses into wins
Put your hand up for our coaching vacancy please Bo

With Reiwoldt, Cotchin, Tarrant and probably Dow and possibly Broad to WCE - that is five off the list without a first round pick in the national draft.
Broad is worth a first round pick. He'd walk into any side.

Zerk thatcher
Aliir
I could go back further , you get my drift , and who’s been on the HBF that have ran riot ,,,
So what I’m saying if their intercept defender only takes 4/5 marks instead of 10 then the whole dynamic changes and we could turn those gruelling < 10p losses into wins

Spot on Reiwoldt has never been a successful target to mark down the line. Always thought he should be leading to the centre square to take his man away from the action and allow another target to slide in behind.

Let's not have Cotchin or Reiwoldt travel the next two weeks (GWS & Fremantle) and have a look at what the future looks like.

OUT - Cotch, Jack, Graham - give these warriors a break, they all have years of playing injured.
IN - Cumberland to lead straight at the ball, Biggy to take out their intercept defender and Banks to play on the wing that Pickett has left behind

Last edited:
Zerk thatcher
Aliir

Jack struggled badly with Lynch out last year, he can't be the number 1 forward anymore (his game on May was epic, since then its been bad though). But Ryan is really poor at getting to the down the line contest, just reads it way too slowly and doesn't get near it.

Spot on Reiwoldt has never been a successful target to mark down the line. Always though he should be leading to the centre square to take his man away from the action and allow another target to slide in behind.

Let's not have Cotchin or Reiwoldt travel the next two weeks (GWS & Fremantle) and have a look at what the future looks like.

OUT - Cotch, Jack, Graham - give these warriors a break, they all have years of playing injured.
IN - Cumberland to lead straight at the ball, Biggy to take out their intercept defender and Banks to play on the wing that Pickett has left behind

Surely they want Cotchins 300th against the Saints. Takes the pressure off rest of the season with him. Jack definetly needs a rest, bring him back that week.

Spot on Reiwoldt has never been a successful target to mark down the line. Always though he should be leading to the centre square to take his man away from the action and allow another target to slide in behind.

pickett hasn’t been playing on the wing where he should be. they have been playing ross there go figure.

pickett hasn’t been playing on the wing where he should be. they have been playing ross there go figure.
Yes, so along the boundary they have seating for extra players, this is commonly referred to as the interchange bench.
Banks will start his arse there and come onto the wing as part of the rotation that happens throughout the game

Surely they want Cotchins 300th against the Saints. Takes the pressure off rest of the season with him. Jack definetly needs a rest, bring him back that week.
I think we should be a little bit more concerned about looking at our future because if we contnue to prioritise this never ending victory parade we will spend another 35 years in the wilderness. Do you think that the players on the list without premiership medals would like to get on with getting theirs?

And maybe we could rest Cotch up so that he his fit and raring to go for the big occasion. And really the Saints, when have they ever been relevant? They definitely don't deserve to play in front of a full MCG

If he plays just the home games for the next month his 300th game will be against Hawthorn at 1.45pm on Saturday July 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Reiwoldt, Cotchin, Tarrant and probably Dow and possibly Broad to WCE - that is five off the list without a first round pick in the national draft.
I would think that all our marking forward and key back options (ie. Bauer, Biggy, Bradtke and of course Miller, Ryan and Soldo) are safe for another year.

I would suggest that we are just looking to improve his football ability, but I dont think we have any idea what we are doing with Gibcus, Bauer, Biggy and Miller and how best to use them or when to play them.

For mine I would use :
Biggy's athleticism to make him a pressure forward (an area of the ground in which we lack athlete's) would have been ideal against Aliir.

Miller is the swingman that can go into the ruck, down back or up forward allowing us to sub out any of our talls for more run, this week will be his 20th game he needs about 20 more games to hit his straps consistently so should be played for the remainder of the year.

Bauer's marking and read of the ball through the air is actually suited to a wing role like Richo in the last year did but needs to develop the endurance to be able to get from forward to back and needs to understand how to work with the backline system which he is learning now.

Gibcus needs a fresh start so maybe he should finish the year in the forward line when he returns from injury? Though if Broad is gone he has endurance to fill his defensive run with role that no one else in the back half does.
Agree on both Biggy and Bauer who I have followed closely in the 2’s since their drafting and have been impressed with Bauer’s disposal ability and also agree he could perform the McIntosh role if his endurance is improved. Gibcus is too important to our future to risk his young body this year given our current position and a fresh start next year together with Brown should be our goal

Yes, so along the boundary they have seating for extra players, this is commonly referred to as the interchange bench.
Banks will start his arse there and come onto the wing as part of the rotation that happens throughout the game
the bloke you need gone is macca. bombs it to anywhere but us. pickett is a true wingman. he has been playing forward in the middle and everywhere.

Yep, like the AFL will give us that sought of compo for a bloke in his 30s. So dreaming Hoos
I'm forgetting he's a free agent. So a second round is probably more realistic

We're all assuming he wants to leave too.

Broad is worth a first round pick. He'd walk into any side.
Your logic is right Hoosy as he’s an elite backman and worth a first rounder to us. Unfortunately his age is the issue and with 2-4years probably left in him we won’t be compensated with a first rounder. My thing is with him is to keep him and retire off Jack, Cothchin, Kmac, Tarrant and trade Graham as any deal with Broad will be a loss to us. Those retirees and trades should easily get the $400-500k to keep him for three years as he’s a needed player. We‘re going to have our backs to the wall keeping him as WCE will offer him not only big bucks , but other perks after football.

Your logic is right Hoosy as he’s an elite backman and worth a first rounder to us. Unfortunately his age is the issue and with 2-4years probably left in him we won’t be compensated with a first rounder. My thing is with him is to keep him and retire off Jack, Cothchin, Kmac, Tarrant and trade Graham as any deal with Broad will be a loss to us. Those retirees and trades should easily get the $400-500k to keep him for three years as he’s a needed player. We‘re going to have our backs to the wall keeping him as WCE will offer him not only big bucks , but other perks after football.
The Jack, Cotchin, Tarrant money would surely have been used to pay Taranto, Hopper, Bolton, etc. already but the smart money may be better spent on a younger player in their prime like Himmelberg

Last edited:
The Jack, Cotchin, Tarrant money would surely have been used to pay Taranto, Hopper, Bolton, etc. already but the smart money may be to spend the money on a younger player like Himmelberg
Fair enough , but we don’t need to sign up Kmac and Broad is on $350k now I reckon so we only need to make up $100k on average to get him to stay.

Fair enough , but we don’t need to sign up Kmac and Broad is on $350k now I reckon so we only need to make up $100k on average to get him to stay.
Maybe but letting them both go and using that $700-$800K on Himmelberg might make more sense .... for no other reason than we have Banks and Brown to replace them in those positions and HH is 26 years old and in the same window as Taranto, Hopper, Rioli, Graham, etc

Reminds me of what my old man told me: No matter how much you like your car it is important to know when is the time to upgrade to a new model

Last edited:
the bloke you need gone is macca. bombs it to anywhere but us. pickett is a true wingman. he has been playing forward in the middle and everywhere.
Pickett has looked to be lacking the endurance this year to play on the wing, I guess we will see how the interim coach uses him for the remainder of the year. I for one would love to see him make it to 100 games and this may mean he needs to find a new less taxing position.

Pickett has looked to be lacking the endurance this year to play on the wing, I guess we will see how the interim coach uses him for the remainder of the year. I for one would love to see him make it to 100 games and this may mean he needs to find a new less taxing position.
Give him a week as sub. It is not that hard. Judson Clarke doesn't even get his hair out of place let alone raise a sweet lol

Maybe but letting them both go and using that $700-$800K on Himmelberg might make more sense .... for no other reason than we have Banks and Brown to replace them in those positions and HH is 26 years old and in the same window as Taranto, Hopper, Rioli, Graham, etc

Reminds me of what my old man told me: No matter how much you like your car it is important to know when is the time to upgrade to a new model
HH isn’t worth that amount, but he’ll probably get it
I understand what you’re saying , but I would like to cull off some expensive fringe players like Graham, Short and Kmac as they’re blokes we can replace with kids you mentioned plus others. I think i don’t want Broad to go bc we looked terrible without him and we have some good young kids coming through like Gibcus , Bauer and Young which we will need as Grimes and Flossy are slowing down.

Agree on Ryan. Took a good mark and kicked a GOAL. Which no one else could.
If Jack isn't being rested may as well keep playing him

Finlayson is their backup ruck. He didn't take 9 marks on Balta did he?
The one he did, Balta is in front and borderline free kick material with the hand in the back.
But I agree Balta needs to fix a lot of stuff in his game. Balta plays from the front.
No I don’t think he did , Balta had 19p and 4 marks himself and over 600m gained , twas a pretty solid game finlayson kicked 1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back