Autopsy Roast and toast vs Port Adelaide and changes for GWS

Best vs Power

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - I read that as Lynch out for the season, Hopper, Gibcus and Soldo not available until Round 18.

At least Flossy and MRJ is available. I hope they're brought straight back in.

I'd like to see us play Banks, Brown, Sonsie along with the younger players we are already blooding.

Time to bring in the kids.
Kids are Skata(poo) Sonsie hummm Banks what's he done? Brown has he even played a game in vfl this season? Ryan might make it,Cumbo if played will, and The rest well like Ralf :( We will be relying on the current crop of oldies till they fall off the perch. I guess no harm in putting them in for farewell tour not as we are going anywhere.

I dont get this, Cotchin may get the ball 10-15 times but the vast majority of his touches are effective. Its definitely not a lot and he doesn't have the speed to apply pressure and our fwdline is slow enough already. The problem is, there are always a few blokes that contribute less than him.
The fwd line is a basket case. Jack worked hard to be in contests, Miller played some good football. Ryan did a few good things like mark and kick a GOAL.
The smalls all crap.
Dusty inconsistent; Mansell and Graham no pressure this week . Cotchin 2 left foot kicks that were turnovers. Looked like he had a injured right foot

And no one could kick a goal. .. after the team has been doing goal kicking practice.
We left a win out there between the goal post and the behind post. 2.12 in a half?

Last edited:

A few things after finally watched the entire game, especially in regard to those under the pump on here.

In my eyes Miller probably played his best game even though he has a lot of people calling for his head. 9 disposals and 4 marks is modest, but he was very constructive with his ball use, that pass to Dusty who missed the goal was top shelf. Finally looked to be playing like a CHF, although he seems to spend a lot of time on the pine. He competed in the air, often one handed but at least he started to hit the contest and brought the ball to ground. His agility at ground level is very good but he looked to be starting to understand his role.

I'm not a great MacIntosh fan but he was nowhere near droppable after that game. Without his hard running we would be even more static than we are.

Can't keep playing Ryan, he just isn't strong enough. The kid can play but not yet.

Jack is being beaten by average backman (not just Aliir who was not on him at times, but whoever else). He is being played super close and cannot beat those types for strength. Needs a rest and time to bring Bradtke in. Was pretty impressive in the VFL, covered a lot of ground and is a big strong unit who has decent speed.

Sonsie will become our accumulator but has just had a poor run of form, like most young players. He is our Butters, Merrett, Parish type of accumulating mid who probably needs another game in the VFL then bring him in. Ran into very good form in the second half after of the VFL last week. Cumberland much the same.

Ross is turning into a pretty good player and strangely suited to the wing. Wins contests and uses the ball pretty well. Quiet early but very good second half.

Thought Hugo was okay as well. Was pretty hard at it and used it okay. Not a high possession game but did not look out of his depth.

Nank was fantastic, his follow up at ground level is easily the best in the league. So while he may lack in hit outs his tackling and high possessions make him invaluable. You could hear the admiration in Buckley's voice, used to have great battles with Grundy so that is probably where that comes from.
Miller did do some nice things that assist to TT was excellent just needs to be more involved , if you want to get out of bottom 4 we need greater output than 5-6p from our big blokes , we used to have alot of these types when we weren’t much good , persist though he did enough for another chance

umps cost us the dogs and port games

would be 2 points outside the 8 if umps didnt gift our oppos a win in these games with multiple howlers in front of goal in the last quarter

and we're just meant to cop it , thats our lot

Miller did do some nice things that assist to TT was excellent just needs to be more involved , if you want to get out of bottom 4 we need greater output than 5-6p from our big blokes , we used to have alot of these types when we weren’t much good , persist though he did enough for another chance
Jack did the work of many in his prime and during our Premierships. Obviously not that player any more and in the absence of Lynch, Miller is our best bet forward. Might mean playing Ryan as a resting ruck off the bench and like last week rest Nank in the 3rd and sub Ryan out to bring fresh legs on.
Think Bradtke is worth a look, can't do much worse than Jack at the moment.

Jack did the work of many in his prime and during our Premierships. Obviously not that player any more and in the absence of Lynch, Miller is our best bet forward. Might mean playing Ryan as a resting ruck off the bench and like last week rest Nank in the 3rd and sub Ryan out to bring fresh legs on.
Think Bradtke is worth a look, can't do much worse than Jack at the moment.
Good week to debut some players .... the GWS crowd will be the same size as a typical VFL game lol

umps cost us the dogs and port games

would be 2 points outside the 8 if umps didnt gift our oppos a win in these games with multiple howlers in front of goal in the last quarter

and we're just meant to cop it , thats our lot
Has Whankley and media mentioned the push in the back to Balta yet ? I mean when Dusty did it against dog campaigner weak as piss Stewart , media mentioned it daily for a week

Wtf is with the injury report from Luke Mehain?? Groupie_ it’s actually gone backwards 2-3 weeks??

All these campaigners can’t have gotten worse could they have? I’m *en livid
View attachment 1700678

Lynch was 6-11 weeks last week, now 7-12 weeks.

Soldo, Hopper and Gibcus all 4-6 weeks a week ago and still 4-6 weeks.

big sexy was 6-11 the week he did it lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibcus agent was interviewed on gettable and stated that he had a 2nd minor hamstring injury and should be back after the bye

Last edited:
Clean hands, doesn’t turn it over. A rare breed at our club currently
He does turn it over. Less than some others but he does turn it over.

He's often guilty of simply going for distance without really looking and kicking it straight to the opposition. If he lowered his eyes more he'd never miss.

Hes not THE problem, but he's part of it. 5 touches and 0 marks. Cmon.

You need to watch individual players games and not pick up a stat sheet and rate their game by stats. It’s a common mistake made by children and followers who have little knowledge of the game. He was our only effective and competitive tall forward for the day. He beat his opponent and made him accountable, yet JR and Ryan’s man dominated them and the game.
I'll accept your apology whenever you're ready TigerImposter . That's the 2nd time you've had a dig at me in a row when I've said Miller should be dropped and he's been dropped both times.

I'll accept your apology whenever you're ready TigerImposter . That's the 2nd time you've had a dig at me in a row when I've said Miller should be dropped and he's been dropped both times.
Doesn't mean you're right as every time it happens we lose. lol. Ryan and JR still getting games just tells us all Dimma's clones are in the MC and that they're all getting the arse soon.

Doesn't mean you're right as every time it happens we lose. lol. Ryan and JR still getting games just tells us all Dimma's clones are in the MC and that they're all getting the arse soon.
We lose nearly every week no matter who plays. Can't keep carrying CHFs that can't even take a mark.

I accept your apology.

Uninspiring team changes after a couple of losses. Or is the club just writing this season off completely as one for seeing our champions off as they please. If so let me know when our champs final games are and I'll go to those and play golf the rest of the time. We otherwise seem happy to lose games by a small enough margin to say we were competitive and then roll into the next week sticking to the same plan thinking we only need to tweak a few things - but it hasn't ******* worked reliably for two years. I wish they would tell us what the plan for this year is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back