Remove this Banner Ad

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Any chance he gets picked up?

Reckon he'd be very handy at a north or hawks as depth that may surprise.

Had a lot of good qualities and had a good couple last months of footy

Liam Stocker lite

Saints were keen on him a couple of years ago.
Could get picked up bit don’t see him making it.
Aarts would be good for Saints not because he’s any good but because Saints have 3 good players on their list, and another 2-3 passable

‘This and that?’
What a strange comment.

He was a late first round draft pick that didn’t work out. Not sure he was ever seen as anything more than potential, which he hasn’t forfilled.
It’s a shame maybe he goes to the Kangas and he can try and norfil his potential…lol

I thought it was a shame this kid wasn't played more. Started to find a lot more ball towards the end of the VFL year but maybe it was too little too late.

Otherwise I'd have tried him as a medium forward. Good mark & kick for goal.

Plenty of other blokes got games that I didn't think they deserved ahead of this kid.

Anyway good luck to him. I wouldn't mind if we rookie him again but it's probably in his best interest to look elsewhere with Taranto and Hopper coming into the side.

‘This and that?’
What a strange comment.

He was a late first round draft pick that didn’t work out. Not sure he was ever seen as anything more than potential, which he hasn’t forfilled.

Well to be fair to him, he was way down the pecking order at a club with fairly strong mid field depth.

Probably would have been retained at Richmond if you didn't get Hopper and or Taranto.

Should get plenty of opportunities at lesser successful club next season and beyond.

Well to be fair to him, he was way down the pecking order at a club with fairly strong mid field depth.

Probably would have been retained at Richmond if you didn't get Hopper and or Taranto.

Should get plenty of opportunities at lesser successful club next season and beyond.

Midfield depth was Richmond’s biggest weakness last year. With Martin and Prestia out early in the year they were in desperate need for anyone to step up and play a role. In the end Richmond had to get creative and fill the rotation with guys like Liam Baker and Jayden Short.

Midfield depth was Richmond’s biggest weakness last year. With Martin and Prestia out early in the year they were in desperate need for anyone to step up and play a role. In the end Richmond had to get creative and fill the rotation with guys like Liam Baker and Jayden Short.
Spot on, RCD got 2 games in a row to show what he had in that midfield when it was ravaged and he didn't show much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on, RCD got 2 games in a row to show what he had in that midfield when it was ravaged and he didn't show much.

In fact, in that 2nd game he was almost played as a full time forward for the 2nd half, he showed so little.

I've watched a bit of him of the 2's. He came across as that bigger sized kid playing with smaller kids. Once he was playing against similar sized bodies, he didn't really have any tricks to still have an impact.

I personally don't think he has a lot of footy smarts, this year there was a lot of running into tackles (and getting caught HTB), he seemed to think he could take tackles on, like players like Cripps could and still dish off the disposal to team mates which he failed to do most of the time, either was caught HTB or a rushed handball which wasn't to the advantage of team mates.

Tbf baker just won the most courageous and short b and f in a flag winning season. They are not spuds

Teams getting seduced by big body mids
We have taken the opposite approach thus far and have been seduced by the mosquito fleet but it is cleary working as our midfield is stacked @ Matt Rendell

Reckon he started to get up to speed end of 2022. His problem is that the position he is made for where Taranto and Hopper play. So he won't get games at the Tigers.

He has some elite traits and a lot of non-elite traits. i.e. not a lot of footy smarts, poor endurance at first, now OK. I suspect that given a good run of games a support he can turn into a solid B grade AFL mid, with a few tricks (size and speed).

He's a low risk, medium reward type now.

I'd be surprised if a club doesn't give him a lifeline. Especially one with kids to protect. Big body to take the hits and if you're lucky he becomes what i think he can be.

Reckon he started to get up to speed end of 2022. His problem is that the position he is made for where Taranto and Hopper play. So he won't get games at the Tigers.

He has some elite traits and a lot of non-elite traits. i.e. not a lot of footy smarts, poor endurance at first, now OK. I suspect that given a good run of games a support he can turn into a solid B grade AFL mid, with a few tricks (size and speed).

He's a low risk, medium reward type now.

I'd be surprised if a club doesn't give him a lifeline. Especially one with kids to protect. Big body to take the hits and if you're lucky he becomes what i think he can be.

North Melbourne, Adelaide and Hawthorn amongst others should take the risk imo.

Possibly Gold Coast too

Unfortunately list spots these days are at an premium these days, and it's sad to see young and high draft picks like Stocker and RCD being delisted because clubs have to be even more prudent with list management these days..

Surely he gets another shot at it, even if only on the rookie list.

I believe he still has plenty to offer tbh.

North Melbourne, Adelaide and Hawthorn amongst others should take the risk imo.

Possibly Gold Coast too

Unfortunately list spots these days are at an premium these days, and it's sad to see young and high draft picks like Stocker and RCD being delisted because clubs have to be even more prudent with list management these days..

Surely he gets another shot at it, even if only on the rookie list.

I believe he still has plenty to offer tbh.

Plenty of guys get picked up and end up at the back of a particular que in a club. Decent players too.

And Stocker and RCD face having to take the spot of A grade players. Why keep them if you won't play them? And quite possibly you'll keep a worse player because their position is in demand at the club.

At least Stocke knew he was in trouble with he blues amazing midfield.

RCD faced an open door, then the club recruited 2 mid 20 year old A-ish grade mids. One day looking like playing games in 2023, next day no spot.

I could see Adelaide holding some interest in Riley (or Liam Stocker), seeing our list could do with a ready-to-go big bodied mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back