Delisted Will Gould [delisted]

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely great VFL level player. Big issue is his dominance at VFL level never seemed to translate to AFL level; Will claims a lack of opportunity. I agree-ish. Is he one of those players too good for VFL but not good enough for AFL?
He has most certainly not been a “great VFL player”. Good, probably. But even at that level, even in his fourth season, he was prone to flashes of good play and flashes of “hold your head in your hands” play.

He has most certainly not been a “great VFL player”. Good, probably. But even at that level, even in his fourth season, he was prone to flashes of good play and flashes of “hold your head in your hands” play.
Fair point. I am mostly drawing from his 2022 season; clearly he took a step backwards this year. Hopefully it’s a ‘one step back, two steps forward’ situation.

Will Gould is the perfect example of why I fear juniors who dominate because they have the body of an adult. I have the same concerns about Jed Walter this year.

Will Gould is the perfect example of why I fear juniors who dominate because they have the body of an adult. I have the same concerns about Jed Walter this year.

Except that Jed Walter is pretty much AFL quality now. George Stevens or Caiden Cleary would be the better examples this year. KPP's tend to be the bigger flops though

Except that Jed Walter is pretty much AFL quality now. George Stevens or Caiden Cleary would be the better examples this year. KPP's tend to be the bigger flops though
Very good points. I still have a general fear about it though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back