Toast Rising Star Bailey Smith 28 disposals against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Some players just exude "it" - a certain presence and self-assurance. Maybe a bit of swagger that stops just short of arrogance. But it usually translates into "this kid can play!" The one that comes most readily to mind is Buddy Franklin, even in his first year. Dustin Martin is maybe another one.

I haven't seen Bailey Smith live yet but I get the feeling he could be one of those players. I'll be watching him intently.

Saw a video on instagram of the great man helping out folding the clothes in the property room. Remember something about the Bont doing this in his first year as well. Sounds like a great character off the field as well
I'm at the stage that I have to have someone come in once a week or so to do my cleaning and put out my laundry. I wonder if Bailey would be available.

I've got a real painful burr on my heel. If he rubs it for me, I’ll give him a whole quarter. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the reference but he looks nothing like Ross Knight.

Love the video - I think its from 1995 going of the starting slide. Go back in time about 7 years and Ross Knight looked a bit more like Bailey Smith. Bailey Smith without a hair wash and blow wave.

Some players just exude "it" - a certain presence and self-assurance. Maybe a bit of swagger that stops just short of arrogance. But it usually translates into "this kid can play!" The one that comes most readily to mind is Buddy Franklin, even in his first year. Dustin Martin is maybe another one.

I haven't seen Bailey Smith live yet but I get the feeling he could be one of those players. I'll be watching him intently.

Dogwatch - I can tell you first hand... he has IT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Love the video - I think its from 1995 going of the starting slide. Go back in time about 7 years and Ross Knight looked a bit more like Bailey Smith. Bailey Smith without a hair wash and blow wave.
Most of that video is taken from the concert called Alternative Nation held in 1995 at Olympic Park - now Collingwood’s home. Faith no More, L7, Body Count, Tool and Nine Inch Nails played...
I can kind of see where you are coming from with the Smith / Knight comparison but it’s a stretch...

Most of that video is taken from the concert called Alternative Nation held in 1995 at Olympic Park - now Collingwood’s home. Faith no More, L7, Body Count, Tool and Nine Inch Nails played...
I can kind of see where you are coming from with the Smith / Knight comparison but it’s a stretch...

Meybe, but some Cosmic Psychos would be a good theme tune for Bailey. How about Chainsaw?

Bazlenka will play 300+ games for us. I'd bet my life on it. The way he was flying the flag in his first game was really encouraging, especially for a side that has been beaten up at times in the last two years. You can tell he loves the club already.

Will be a one-club player and will go down as one of the most loyal servants of the club along with the likes of Brad Johnson, Chris Grant, Doug Hawkins et al.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back