cormick

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 13, 2007
em dub
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burgers, City
https://www.sportsbet.com.au/sports...etitionPID/22727/RoundPID/433/EventID/1068255

We've got more chance in the Rising Star than most other markets, so I thought I'd put a few Richmond players out there:

$5.50 - Dustin Martin (favourite)

$67.00 - Tyrone Vickery

$81 - Troy Taylor

$101 - Jayden Post - should be a $25 shot I reckon. Don't think he'll win, but would surely have more chance than Vickery especially and Taylor?

$151 - Ben Griffiths, Alroy Gilligan, Dave Gourdis

$251 - Matt Dea, Jeromey Webberley

You'd think Post & Dea would especially get more than a few games, and the more games they play, the more exposure they get and so the higher their chance of winning.

Some other noteables are:

$8.00 - Tom Scully, Jack Ziebell

$10.00 - Michael Hurley, Nic Naitanui

$12.00 - Jack Trengove

$21 - Anthony Morabito

$29 - Jack Watts, Chris Yarran

$41 - Ben Cunnington

$81 - Ryan Bastinac

Do you guys think Martin will actually win it?

I think Luke Shuey at $26 is a massive bargain if he stays fit. Apparently hes been training the house down. Add to that hes new to the seen, has a year in development on boys like Scully, Martin and Trengove and I think hes our best shot. Definately a better chance than NicNat and Sheppard and imo a better shot than Swift.

I think Luke Shuey at $26 is a massive bargain if he stays fit. Apparently hes been training the house down. Add to that hes new to the seen, has a year in development on boys like Scully, Martin and Trengove and I think hes our best shot. Definately a better chance than NicNat and Sheppard and imo a better shot than Swift.

Swift, Martin, Trengove Hurley!

I think it could go anywhere this year. Martin will play close to 22 games though and I expect him to have an impact pretty quickly.

I don't think he should be favourite but he should definitely be up there as he's got a solid body and good skills ready to go.

But personally I'd have Trengove and Ziebell ahead of him.

Those away from Vic are always going to fly under the radar inititially so Shuey should probably be at shorter odds than Moore and Lucas.

watts is a good chance i reckon he come in to early last year had school
he will be a star in the coming years well worth punt

Well monetary gain is quite possibly the only thing that could stir my interest in this otherwise useless award, so...

I like Ziebell...wanted us to take him him ahead of Vickery...anyone know how many second year players have won?

Martin's ready made build should be a big advantage, like it was for Rich,but Morabito's in the same boat and I reckon is outstanding value at $21...a lazy tenner on the Drug Enforcement Agent at $251 could be a go...:thumbsu:

Any odds on Astbury...seems to be getting talked up a fair bit of late...

Ziebell @ $8 :eek:

if his back 100% ud think he would walk it in

He certainly is, dominated in the first of the two intra clubs, is looking fitter, and bigger.

Will kick a few bags to I would say, as he will play a Chapman type role this season.

70% midfield/30% half forward.

It will be a new player that wins it. Always is. Players who only just qualify after playing a bit the previous season are a known quantity and therefore receive less media attention. Two things the media love are big stats and someone new. I reckon a draftee from last years draft or someone like Shuey who hasn't played yet will win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back