Preview Rnd 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thursday 14th March 7.30PM @ MCG - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the team will not change. Richmond don't look too flash but can't be underrated. We learnt from last game that we need to play a pressure brand of footy. So play close, run with them and don't give them too much room around the ball.

Weitering, Marchbank, Walsh and Martin are certainties to come back into this side but unlikely will this week. I think Motlop is close to a certainty as well.

For mine the team does not change to how it finished. Docherty will come out. Motlop a possible sub. Otherwise it could be Durdin. Doubt we debut a player as the sub.

Think we could win this by 5 or 6 goals.

We absolutely owe these guys who have embarrassed us for a decade.

I know counting your chicken too early can be risky business but I’d like to think we’ll have 8 points bythe bye round.
This is a genuine danger game.

Richmond basically conceded the game on the weekend....I have zero doubt that Dusty, Lynch and Nank would have played if it was a final, but were deliberately held back to load up for the opening round at their home deck in front of 90,000 people.

If we get away with 8 points leading into the break, I'll be a happy little camper. We'll then see the cavalry starting to arrive in the weeks following.

This is a genuine danger game.

Richmond basically conceded the game on the weekend....I have zero doubt that Dusty, Lynch and Nank would have played if it was a final, but were deliberately held back to load up for the opening round at their home deck in front of 90,000 people.

If we get away with 8 points leading into the break, I'll be a happy little camper. We'll then see the cavalry starting to arrive in the weeks following.
Yeap huge crowd huge game but if we drop this one I’ll be devastated….☺️

The more I see kemp play the more I think he isn’t a defender.

Instinctively he wants to attack. In the backline he gets caught out with decision making.

When he doesn’t have time to think he is mostly ok…

but when the play slows down and he has time/options I get very nervous …

Anyone else notice this?

Noticed this half way through last year. He’s just not suited to play that 1-on-1 defender role. Too easily found out by opponents with size and speed.

My theory on Kempy, and a bit Cunners as well, is that they seem too restricted in system & process and they haven’t been able, to this point anyway, adapt to the Carlton defensive system whilst keeping their attacking flair and natural instinct to find the footy.

Kemp is a rare talent IMO but he’s going to quickly become the next Lachie ‘whipping boy’ Plowman if we don’t re-program him into a new role. (Note, Plowman was a similar type of player as a junior…attacking defender, great mark etc)

What is the ideal role? I think there are two options:
1, Plays that intercepting, high marking half back ala Jeremy Howe where he is given license to roam relatively free. (problem with this though…. where does that leave Gov & Marchy?)

2, Moves to the forward line and plays that link up high half forward role which we’ll miss with JSOS being out. He’s got exceptional hands and reads the play well.

If he’s going to be a regular member of the senior team I think we have to re-program him into Option 2.

Doc was probably going to be an onballer without Walsh and primarily wing or half forward pushing up if we had everyone available. Based on that the main beneficiaries of his absence will probably be Caroll and the Hollands brothers. Maybe Binns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing some things on Twitter about maybe the fans doing something to show support for Doc on Thursday. Maybe a clap at the 15th minute of the first qtr or something. Would match up with the "Stronger Together" motto the club has embodied and so am all for it

Carroll for Doc. Seems quite unanimous.

I'd personally go Moir for Kennedy, then Kennedy/Binns sub. Mostly playing Kennedy as 3rd tall (Only 21% CBA's) - would rather those CBA's go to Carroll (along with Doc's 10% & Carroll's 34% etc)

Otherwise Binns sub with just the one change seems likely.
Moir for Kennedy is not happening
Kennedy was crucial against Lions

We’ve got this really slow midfield it is treacle slow it is so slow that the riding the emotion posters can even think faster oh and Kennedy what a plodder it’s all his fault everything Kennedy yucky he even injured one of our own players a. Nd his goal kicks they are really ugly snd slow dump him or sack no plan b Voss

Brisbane are much faster they are very very fast

I hope from this point we continue to respect our opposition, but never fear them
I hope the midfield speeds up and bossy gets a plan b and c otherwise we can’t play a modern game which is all about you know whatever brisvegas and umm Collingwood do and what Geelong did when you know when they won also Melbourne really destroyed bossy s silly no plan b game in the praccy match !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back