Preview Rnd 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thursday 14th March 7.30PM @ MCG - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I'm going to miss being at the ground for round 1 since I can remember
Interstate work trip. Have to take a client out for dinner that night.

Two options. Change to somewhere that will be showing the footy. Or turn my phone off and watch on replay on kayo when I get back to the hotel. Decisions decisions

First time I'm going to miss being at the ground for round 1 since I can remember

Two options. Change to somewhere that will be showing the footy. Or turn my phone off and watch on replay on kayo when I get back to the hotel. Decisions decisions

Or, fly the client down, early dinner, feign food poisoning and go to the footy

Mr inbetween?

Anyone else feel we can’t wait for the bye?

Just got this strange feel about it.Its like we need it to get troops back and start properly.

Strange.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

With Weitering, Walsh, Martin, Motlop, E. Hollands all most likely available after the bye, there’s enough motivation for every player out there to perform. Otherwise, you might find yourself in the two’s having not done much wrong…

The more I see kemp play the more I think he isn’t a defender.

Instinctively he wants to attack. In the backline he gets caught out with decision making.

When he doesn’t have time to think he is mostly ok…

but when the play slows down and he has time/options I get very nervous …

Anyone else notice this?

Some interesting conclusions we can draw from Round 0 on the can Kennedy, Cripps and Hewett play together debate.

The answer is obviously yes they can but preferably not in the same midfield (according to the coaching teams actions). Even with Doc going off Kennedy barely got any CBAs. He was playing Jack Martin's role mostly with a little midfield time.

I think the coaching teams preference is 2 of Cripps, Hewett, Kennedy and 2 of Walsh, Cerra, Doc, Carroll being the main midfield rotation. Then others like Hollands, Fog, Cunners going in on the odd occasion.

Based on that (and pending him playing ok) I think Carroll's spot in the side might be pretty safe until Walsh is back. While Kennedy could be under threat with the return of Jack Martin.

The other possibility is E.Hollands getting more mid time. I don't think O.Hollands will get more then cameos. Not physically developed enough.

Instinctively he wants to attack. In the backline he gets caught out with decision making.

Anyone else notice this?

Agree with your comments but don't agree it means he isn't suited to defence. Plenty of the best defenders are naturally very attacking players.

It's where he has shown by far the most as an afl player and where he is most needed at the moment. I wouldn't shift him this season unless he ends up out of the team and well back in the pecking order.

Carroll for Doc. Seems quite unanimous.

I'd personally go Moir for Kennedy, then Kennedy/Binns sub. Mostly playing Kennedy as 3rd tall (Only 21% CBA's) - would rather those CBA's go to Carroll (along with Doc's 10% & Carroll's 34% etc)

Otherwise Binns sub with just the one change seems likely.

No way is Kennedy dropped from the starting 22.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone else notice this?
You're not happy with an attacking defender?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else notice this?

I see Kemp as a talented footballer being made into a defender. The attacking part I like but I still find he gets caught out of position a lot.

When Marchbank Weitering Durdin come back, not to mention improvement in Cowan, Cincotta & Wilson, selection will be very interesting and I don’t know the answer

Oh ok 👍

so only 2 games then a bye …

Even with 3 games and then a bye I thought was weird but either way it’s a very strange fixture

Stupid stupid Rnd 0.

10 Clubs had a bye this weekend :rolleyes:

No games today or tomorrow being a public holiday 👎

#FixtureFAIL

Yeah I don’t get it, thought there wasn’t going to be any rugby and that’s why they did this Opening Round crap but there were plenty of rugby games on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fantasia was quiet stat-wise but it felt like every time he touched the ball something good happened. Also had a couple of big moments in the last including a nice chase on Wilmot from memory.

This is just 50 seconds but it shows him involved in three goals in a massive way

Yeah, his touches were good. No blazing or panicking. Like him kicking into the 50. Reckon he'll build up to more disposals and more goal opportunities.

Think the team will not change. Richmond don't look too flash but can't be underrated. We learnt from last game that we need to play a pressure brand of footy. So play close, run with them and don't give them too much room around the ball.

Weitering, Marchbank, Walsh and Martin are certainties to come back into this side but unlikely will this week. I think Motlop is close to a certainty as well.

For mine the team does not change to how it finished. Docherty will come out. Motlop a possible sub. Otherwise it could be Durdin. Doubt we debut a player as the sub.

Think we could win this by 5 or 6 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back