Preview Rnd 19 vs Sydney, IN Taylor, Moss, Suckling OUT Skipper, Whitecross, Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that Taylor was picked to maybe give Skipper a rest, but what is the go with bringing in Suckling and Moss, i would of thought Muston and Peterson would of been given the chance, i dont like to see what is happening with Muston he plays 3 good games in a row and now we dont see him any more...:(

Muston is in a similar boat to peterson. However i think peterson is ahead of him. He is being tried in different roles down at box hill with a view to the future / finals. He is a good kid (i have a soft corner for him followed him to hawthorn from a junior). He is building in confidence at box hill not just confidence in his ability but also his body. I think he will be one of our break out players next year.

I feel he is one game away from dominating at box hill when he does that. he will become a regular at senior level. Don't worry the kid will be back he has a great attitude.

I understand that Taylor was picked to maybe give Skipper a rest, but what is the go with bringing in Suckling and Moss, i would of thought Muston and Peterson would of been given the chance, i dont like to see what is happening with Muston he plays 3 good games in a row and now we dont see him any more...:(

Yeah who knows why Muston isn't getting a shot anymore . . . he didn't do anything wrong, but maybe Clarkson sees the defensive role as something almost any player can do. Lewis, Osborne, Muston have all done it in recent weeks.

Moss is a good inclusion, and I hope he can stake his claim for a permanent spot in the forward line.

Good to see Suckling back too. He's ahead of Whitecross at the moment imo. Whitecross just doesn't seem to be attracting the ball . . .

I will come out and say this off the bat. I have no inside information on any players at the HFC. All the information i provide is observational and opinion. My observations and opinions from following the HFC and box hill for many years as a footy follower and of course member.

Young lowden was also rested this week as he was spent at the end of the game. Again it was observational and opinion until henry said something to the same effect in the box hill thread. The game last sunday was a hard slog no doubt. But playing for box hill and playing afl are two different things.

A lot of people are complaining about the ins may i also say these players are picked to play specific roles look at lewis do u think he wants to be playing high half forward tagging the likes of fisher? No i think not he would rather play in the midfield but hey you are part of a team and everyone has a role to play. This includes Roughhead who seems to cop a lot of flak on here unfairly i think but i am rambling.

Peterson i feel is being rested / played in different roles at box hill to see where we might use him as a weapon in the future or during the finals(chickens aren't hatched quite yet)

So in summary go you mighty hawks

Pfft inside knowledge.... observation and experience I'll take any day.

I have to say that im not surprised by Petersons exclusion, though i perhaps am with both Moss and Suckling. Peterson does have physical gifts that many would like, but his application to the high pressure defence we have been playing of late is spotty at best. He simply doesnt apply himself to tackling and defensive pressure enough of the time he is on the ground. Yes he may chase someone down, but its when it suits him, rather than the rioli mode where he chases because caught or not the chasee is slowly going to the toilet with his clothes on.

I just get the feeling that the coaching staff would be frustrated that he doesnt likely follow team rules around defensive pressure and tackling.

When Peterson can apply some influence on a game for each minute he is on the ground, rather than in patches, he will be a more consistent member of our 22. Right now, he isnt, and perhaps Moss and Suckling have done absolutely everything asked of them over weeks at a time, irrespective of whether or not they appear in the Match Reviews 'Best'

Skipper, so unkucky but was only ever a bandaid for us. Taylor needs game time in order to be ready for finals.

Whitecross looked really good last week.

Don't mind the inclusions, not sure I agree with Moss (IMO he is gone at the end of the season). I would have preffered to see whitecross/bruest/dowler/lisle/peterson get a game in front of him. Seems like Hooper is still at least a week away.

I 100% agree on taylor they need a big body ruckman against mumford and skipper is not that! moss is a decent choice i suppose they wanna give hooper 1 more week at the VFL for fitness plus moss can play as a DEF FWD with osbourne and stop kennely and malceski also moss can kick a few goals he will be usefull suckling on the other hand WTF? i know he can kick em from 50 like young but from what ive seen isnt great where is peterson anyways i bet moss and taylor have good games i hope suckling doesnt clanger the ball if we wanted a back pocket should have just play whitecross but hopefully suckling can kick a few

As much as i live in hope, a flag in 2010 is going to be anything short of a miracle. So it looks to me that Moss and Suckling are being given a last chance to prove they should stay on the list and can cut it at AFL level (remember they have both been near the chop over the last few years). The same goes for the recent gametime given to Whitecross and Muston. Come year end, decisions will have to be made..Take the opportunity boys.....

Good move bringing Taylor back in.

I thought Hooper or Peterson would have got a game over Moss and Suckling.

Agreed 100%. Good to see Tails back although a bit hard on Skipper who, I think everyone would agree, has exceeded expectations!! Taylor has been slogging it out for Box Hill and earned a recall, but will have to perform to stay in.
Moss was a dynamo last week at Box Hill and deserves another go, but, as you say, Peterson bobbed up with four and would be a good replacement for Junior, as Hooper would have been.
It's good to have competition for spots and pressure to perform. I'm sure it will sort itself out. Go Hawks!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as i live in hope, a flag in 2010 is going to be anything short of a miracle. So it looks to me that Moss and Suckling are being given a last chance to prove they should stay on the list and can cut it at AFL level (remember they have both been near the chop over the last few years). The same goes for the recent gametime given to Whitecross and Muston. Come year end, decisions will have to be made..Take the opportunity boys.....

Good point about the end of season approaching and crunch time for some of those guys. I dare say it will be ending soon, sadly, for some of them.
It will be interesting to see how McGlynn and Kennedy go against us in Sydney.
I wouldn't be surprised if they bob up and bite us in the arse! Especially McGlynn at SCG.

Is Suckling most likely to play in the Back Pocket or higher up on the Wing?? If he plays BP, will he kick out following Sydney's points? (3rd if) If Sucko kicks out then I hope Gilham makes a target & let's Sucko actually kick the ball - not just drop into the BP for that cheap kick. & limiting our options...

Also pretty excited about Taylor coming back in!

Shocked that Savage didn't get a game. He was an emergency the past couple of weeks and would have thought he warranted a spot before Suckling. Moss is a logical enough replacement for Rioli although Peterson would have been better IMO. Hope big Tails gets the game ok and has an impact. Don't have a good feeling about this one, but hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Sydney don't really have a recognised second ruckman.....and Mumford is a giant. The Taylor move is a good one. If we can win some hitouts and use Renouf to advantage around the ground, this is a good result. This is the first game I can remember for a while, were we potentially have an advantage in the ruck.

The other two are horses for courses I expect as has allready been mentioned.

Skipper, so unkucky but was only ever a bandaid for us. Taylor needs game time in order to be ready for finals.

Whitecross looked really good last week.

Gotta say, it didn't look that way at the ground. Seemed to have about half a dozen possessions and I'd reckon half of them would've been clangers.

I quite like WX, but he played an awful one from what I saw at AAMI last weekend. Not surprised they're giving someone else a shot.

Glad to see Moss get another chance.

Taylor is a good in. There's not many weeks left until finals, so he needs to be running around in the firsts, probably each week leading up to the finals, as long as he is serviceable (in the short term).

Moss is a clever player, and has been handy (if not a match winner) in many of his outings in the firsts. Not sure why the bad rap from so many. It may be an opportunity to show why he deserves to stay on the list, it may be a reward for last week, it may be a reward for slogging it out in the two's for so long, we don't know. On the smaller (and possibly wet) SCG, I think it's a smart move.

Suckling I don't have much of an opinion on, but again, could be a "show us what you've got" move.

I would have liked to see Hooper come in, but another week to get himself right could be a good move...again, he needs time like Taylor to get accustomed to the firsts, so as long as we don't leave it too long...he needs to be bang-on for finals.

Petersen is an enjoyable player to watch, but perhaps wasn't deemed a like-for-like replacement? Not sure.

The emergencies mean nothing, so stop getting worked up about it. It's usually a reward system, with the exception of one "possibly required" player. We're playing in Sydney, and they are unlikely to do anything other than board the plane, so they don't surprise me in the slightest.

Shocked that Savage didn't get a game. He was an emergency the past couple of weeks and would have thought he warranted a spot before Suckling. Moss is a logical enough replacement for Rioli although Peterson would have been better IMO. Hope big Tails gets the game ok and has an impact. Don't have a good feeling about this one, but hopefully I'm proven wrong.

I think I read somewhere that he got injured last week.

I 100% agree on taylor they need a big body ruckman against mumford and skipper is not that! moss is a decent choice i suppose they wanna give hooper 1 more week at the VFL for fitness plus moss can play as a DEF FWD with osbourne and stop kennely and malceski also moss can kick a few goals he will be usefull suckling on the other hand WTF? i know he can kick em from 50 like young but from what ive seen isnt great where is peterson anyways i bet moss and taylor have good games i hope suckling doesnt clanger the ball if we wanted a back pocket should have just play whitecross but hopefully suckling can kick a few

Peterson is probably hanging out with your full stops (i.e. nowhere to be seen).

Breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back