Review Rnd 21 - Blues beat Dees - stick that in your column this week Slobbo...

Remove this Banner Ad

I was a bit worried actually. Asked directly 3 times about staying, and dodged it three times.
I'm sured that he didnt want to aggravate things with the club. He has stated in the past that he wants to stay at the club.

In the end it is the club that is going to force his hand if he does leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez I just read the review thread on the Melbourne board. Pre-game they wanted Hogan to kick 15 goals, put the Rising Star away, win by at least 5 goals etc...suckas
We can't all barrack for Carlton. I think it's pretty exciting to have Cripps and Hogan emerge as future superstars of the game. However I'm happy to watch Hogan's talent on the big screen TV playing against other teams rather than playing against Carlton.

Yazz and Eddie were sitting in the Carlton section surrounded by Carlton people... I made mention of it, but people have suggested that Eddie was just there to farewell his old team mate and club legend Chris Judd.

It could be that Eddie is maybe thinking of making a return to wearing Navy Blue.
Also Rattens sons funeral - he attended.

Dick, Ellard, Whiley and Tutt are all VFL-level players. I know the latter two showed some encouraging signs today, but all four will be - and need to be - gone within two years.
Dick & Whiley are young & havent had a chance. Matt couldnt get in to a strong Sydney outfit & we havent been strong enough to blood new kids & protect them at the same time. I think those 2 more so than Tutt & definitely Ellard will be given every chance to make it - they just need game time to acclimatise to AFL speed.

Yep. I like Whiley. Has shown he has pretty good composure and compliments Cripps pretty well in the trenches.

He needs to work on his accumulation and start getting possessions in the 100s to make more of an impact.

Last edited:
Yep. I like Whiley. Has shown he has pretty good composure and compliments Cripps pretty well in the trenches.

He needs to work on his accumulation and start getting possessions on the 20s to make more of an impact.
What does possessions on the 20s mean?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back