Preview Rnd 21 - Carlton v Richmond - Sunday 11th August 3:20PM @ MCG - Final Team - Post #399

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Riewoldt / Lynch would both lead Goddard on a merry dance.

Too much speed and athleticism for him.

Jones is a good match up for Riewoldt.

If Jones plays i'd go Jones/Lynch & Weitering/Riewoldt. Weitering has typically gone to Riewoldt in the past.

But if he doesn't, i'd put Weitering on Lynch.
Question is who takes Riewoldt? The only real options we have are Plowman & Goddard and neither are appealing.

Plowman was so exposed last week. He’s too slow for Lynch or Reidwoldt.

I hope Jones is ok and back in, but grief is a nasty thing and each to their own with it. He can take as long as he needs, mental health is more important than a few games of footy. If he’s back, great, if not, that’s ok too.

Deluca surely out.

I hope Jones is ok and back in, but grief is a nasty thing and each to their own with it. He can take as long as he needs, mental health is more important than a few games of footy. If he’s back, great, if not, that’s ok too.

Deluca surely out.
I actually thought Plowman did pretty good on Darling.

I actually thought Plowman did pretty good on Darling.
I thought Deluca did ok too. Way ahead of Lang for mine.

His effort and pressure go unnoticed unfortunately. And his disposals are generally good and lead to scoring opportunities.

He's no Cunningham, but the early signs are there. I hope we persist with him.

Deluca surely out.

He wasn't exposed. Darling outmarked him a few times but Lachie halved most contests against a guy who is clearly strong overhead.

He wasn't exposed. Darling outmarked him a few times but Lachie halved most contests against a guy who is clearly strong overhead.

Agree Plow did well in most of the 1 on 1's with Jack.

Suppose Lang might make way if Cunners comes in while Kennedy was quiet he has more form to fall back on.

Would like to see Deluca given some minutes in the middle to see how he goes, don't recall him there on weekend at all.

Hopefully Jones comes back. If not, I’d move Levi back. Goddard can’t play on Lynch or Riewoldt.

Bring in Gov, or TDK to play forward for Levi.

Agree with you, Goddard is out of his depth,needs a least a month to reconnect to AFL Seniors, not as lost Schumacher but both will be decimated by Tigers aggressive , skilled and fast footy, O'Brien too just a twig and will be brushed aside wont have much impact against opponents like Richmond.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deluca surely out.
I have heard numerous people from the club talk up Plowman's game last week including Teague & Ed Curnow and he Kept Darling to his lowest number of marks (5) since round 16 and his 13 possessions was well down from his 21 possessions last week against North or his 16 possessions (plus 9 marks) against the Demons.

If Jones doesn't come up I would be more than happy to play Plowman on Riewoldt and drop Goddard for Thomas, which would leave us with Newman, Simpson, SPS, Thomas & Schumacher to counter Richmonds small forwards.

I have heard numerous people from the club talk up Plowman's game last week including Teague & Ed Curnow and he Kept Darling to his lowest number of marks (5) since round 16 and his 13 possessions was well down from his 21 possessions last week against North or his 16 possessions (plus 9 marks) against the Demons.

If Jones doesn't come up I would be more than happy to play Plowman on Riewoldt and drop Goddard for Thomas, which would leave us with Newman, Simpson, SPS, Thomas & Schumacher to counter Richmonds small forwards.
I agree i thought plowman did a decent job. Darling got on the end of a few but it was their small forwards that really did the damage.

But i'm also keen to renew the weitering riewoldt rivalry.

I don't understand why plowman is such a whipping boy. People don't seem to notice the amount of times he is involved in a 2 on 1 in the backline as well as how often he beats his own opponent.

The reason he gets to those 2 on 1s is because of his workrate and read of the play. And he's not often outright beaten even though he gets the worst match up every week

Who else has had to guard both Charlie Cameron and Jack Darling.

His disposal and decision making can be suspect. But so has our whole team this year.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back