Preview Rnd 8 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 9th May 3:20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jsos Martin tdk Newman should be given ample time to recover match fitness in the ressies. Toby wooller for mcg, like for like, can take and dish out contact covers ground and appears to be a reliable kick.
Murph with a neck injury may have ended his career. No shame in not getting 300, some of Carltons greatest never got there.
Need to cover Libba Daniel and Naughton. Got the feeling the dogs like bruise free footy.
Wooller isn't on our list

Don't want to waste a game of development for LOB. Needs to play.
Let the sub be someone who doesn't need to play (Murphy, Kennedy, Newnes)
Yeah your spot on, i actually thought our reserves had the bye this week so it was a sneaky opportunity for him if there was an injury sub out but we play the bulldogs and byes the following week..

Huge MC decision. I’d like to see them have Murphy come back via the 2s as a statement.

Depends on if he was going to be in the side this week; ie would he have been selected if he didn't have soreness, if so they will put him straight back in.

Have been firm on having him out for awhile due to his lack of defensive running/pressure but will Teague think the same after the weekend.

Not confident at this point.

Jack for Gov, Samo for Gibbons, Williams for Newnes.

Then if TDK is right to go, he comes in for Levi. Murphy can be sub.

Like the first two but don't think Williams has the tank to play wing, still want him in though (at HB). Also think they'll give TDK another one or two games in the ressies (assume this will be up to Jack Russell) unfortunately.

For purely selfish reasons because I just want to see it, I wouldn't mind having Setters take Crippa's role for a game or two and let Crippa have a break (would the MC ever have the balls to do it though).

In the very near future I'd be looking at Newnan to come in and play left wing, Wiilams at HB (not forever) and SPS never to the grace the backline again.

Murph can sub his way to 300 if the club has made promises, not ideal for a club champion and a wonderful servant but Teague of all people should realise Murph's defensive shortcomings aren't helping his game plan (isn't alone here but structurally we can cover Murph quite easily.

I called it last week, said Gibbo and Levi should be dropped... mind you also said Betts should be dropped but... two out of three aint bad..

Gibbo showed a bit more in the second half but was very poor in that first half.

Levi also was quite poor. Did well in a few contests but overall not enough to keep his spot.

I still believe we need to phase the oldies out asap.

Levi has not warranted selection for weeks. I don't care what anyone says, once TDK is fit, Levi has to go out. Pitto as bad as he is as a forward, still provides more than Levi is right now.

You don't play a liability in case a KPD goes down... especially when that liability is going to get beat soundly by just about any key forward. No team with half a clue would do that.

JSOS for McG
Williams for Dow
Newman for Newnes
SPS for Gibbons

Shift SPS from HBF to mid, replace with Newman. Cas needs to be dropped. Offered little yesterday and was a liability during several stages of the game. Looks slow and low on confidence.

Cripps 50-50 fwd and mid time. Get our smalls hunting the forward contest like sharks. Our forward line was really balanced yesterday - 10 goals to the small fwds, 4 goals to H - beautiful. Teague will be really happy with that, I'm sure.

I really, really, really want TDK for Cas, but reckon TDK needs another week or two to get the gears oiled.

Liked LOB's game yesterday - likely he and Cottrell are jostling for the winger spot. Think Newnes survives another week, regardless of what I want.

Zero case for Murphy to be called up. Owies has shown enough to keep his spot for a small block of games.

Zero case for Murphy to be called up. Owies has shown enough to keep his spot for a small block of games.

I'd like for them to give him a week where he has no sore neck in the VFL, so he can enlighten himself that he's not a walk up starting 22.. say this weekend he plays VFL, then a frothing Murphy against the Dees would be good. I think Murphy would appreciate more knowing he earned 300 on merit.

So, TDK can't come in but JSOS can after missing a month or more of footy?

Cant see why TDK can't come in.

Even if a tad undercooked, still offers way more than a wounded Levi on one leg.

I'd play Kennedy as the 3rd tall. JSOS should have a run in the magoos first.
JSOS injured in Suns game, so has only missed 3 matches. He is straight back in if ok to go.

TDK 31 hit outs and a great 2nd half v Bummers 2’s, don’t be surprised if they roll the dice with him..

Once they’re confident with TDK then he and JSOS essentially replace Gov and Cas. We immediately become more mobile and competitive both in the ruck and in forward contests.
Dow looked good before copping the injury. More than happy for him to get a block of games in the middle pending fitness.
Stocker, Owies and Cunners are all going to get a string of games so they keep their place.
SPS gets his chance in the middle - unleash him in there in the Dogs game to justify his ongoing selection.
Gibbons and Newnes now become the at risk selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Write up Monday after digesting the weekend - Mods please lock till after today's game

Form line:

H2H:

Where it will be won/lost:

Match ups:

Ins/Outs:

Prediction:
Remember last year when I said the dogs were a good team & you disagreed Well now look. This is a real challenge for our defensive intent and structures. We will not be able to "downhill ski" and win.

Remember last year when I said the dogs were a good team & you disagreed Well now look. This is a real challenge for our defensive intent and structures. We will not be able to "downhill ski" and win.

You didn't say they were a good team.

You said they were a top 4 team. They were 9th at the time and finished 7th.

You said they were a flag contender last year, which they weren't and we beat them

We aren't, nor were we considered a top 4 this year

I'm kinda wondering what sort of mental gymnastics the AFL journo's are putting themselves through to try and write positive things about the Mutts lack of quality tall defenders and try and downplay the fact that our talls could do horrible and illegal things to their defence.

If we carry over the form and pressure from kicking the s**t out of Essendon*, I reckon we are in with a good chance to pull off an upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back