• 35: Nathan Broad

• 40: Callum Coleman-Jones

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't like seeing that Nankervis is still considered medium term, we need him back asap.

"Maining" Chol in the ruck for an extended period is not good for us, it's a big weakness against really good rucks, but the upside is we have a few potentially easier games in the next 2-3 weeks. Hopefully Nank is good for the Suns or the week after.

EDIT: Pretty sure Saints will regain Rowan Marshall this week. So that's Ryder and Marshall versus.... Chol... Anyone worry about that? Honestly not super confident the win is a sure thing here, Saints need to make a statement after some crap games and all this media attention, and two quality ruckmen versus a VFL player is not good for us.

Not sure it provides great comfort, but CJ isn't bad as a back-up for a 3 game veteran. And to be fair to Chol, his competitiveness in the tap work has improved out of sight, from worse-than-Grigg to better-than-Pickett.

Wouldn’t worry about it, we don’t lead.

Our gameplan is seriously the dumbest in the comp. Kick to contests all over the ground, lose those contests by collapsing in on them and giving terrible short handballs or missing a bunch of tackles, then end up chasing tail as the opposition runs into acres of space. If we do happen to get the footy then we bomb it onto the heads of our forwards - assuming we don’t kick it straight to the intercept backs. If we do happen to get a shot at goal then we miss more often than not. If we get closer than 10 goals I’ll be surprised.

I feel your pain. At least you can see what your team is trying to do, I guess. Every old bastard on this board remembers the s**t years, asking themselves - "WTF are they doing? I can't tell. Is Wallace actually changing the game plan every quarter?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure it provides great comfort, but CJ isn't bad as a back-up for a 3 game veteran. And to be fair to Chol, his competitiveness in the tap work has improved out of sight, from worse-than-Grigg to better-than-Pickett.
I hope I'm wrong but I feel like Chol is due for a bad game - he comes across as a player that looks like he can do anything one day and then just disappear the next - we've had 30 years of watching those players so I can spot them a mile away!

He has shown some great signs over the past 2 weeks but his challenge now is to maintain the effort - I hope he can because I thought he was critical for us against WC and I'll go as far as saying his effort over the coming weeks may shape whether we end up being in a position to contend this year or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back