Votes: 85 87.6%
  • * Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Best: Vlas, Hugo, Bolton, Rioli
Notable mentions: Balta, Mansell and Maurice - all battled hard

At least Cumbo should get a full game next week
Your funking kidding me Bolton. Absolute disgrace tonight.
Turned the ball over multiple times the waved his arms around and gave a mouthfuls to players that didn't deliver the ball to him on a silver tray so he could waltz in and kick a goal for all the glory.
Needs to pull his head out of his arse and show better team play

Last edited:
Doesn’t ******* matter, our fitness is so pathetic, stand down Meehan

Dusty shouldn’t be playing next week, bloke has been crippled by Meehan the rat

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We are too small at the moment and the opposition just pick their way through us. Add to that Dusty’s lack of defensive run and the refusal to play three tall forwards (again maybe because we are playing Dusty forward) and we don’t look like scoring. Maybe we should move Dusty to half back and Short onto the wing. Dusty as a permanent forward is not working and we are screwing up the forward balance trying to make it happen. Just like Cochin last year. Sonsie and McAulif need to go into the centre. I don’t know what to do with Dow maybe half forward or just send him to the gym for next year

Let me preface this by saying, I don't care if we lose by 100 if our players do two things...
1. Bring effort and intensity.
2. Play the game style we want to play long term.

Tonight was the worst game I've seen us play as a collective for 10+ years.
I'm not a coach and I'm sure our coaching staff are better placed and more well informed than what I am but these are my observations.
Here is the laundry list of issues I identified and problems we have.
  • Centre bounce stoppages - Defensive positioning resulting in reactive behaviors. In the second half, our mids were too concerned about playing defensively to try and stop the Bulldogs mids instead of trying to read the tap themselves and go and bloody hunt the footy. There's just no intensity and it kills us.
  • Always going Long Down the Line (LDL) - When we exited our D50 and maintained possession on the wing 99% of the time we just kicked it LDL and it was excruciatingly predictable. We have skilful players who have the ability to bite off a kick into the corridor or why not try and swing the ball to the other wing and test the Bulldogs defensive spread?
  • Bombing it inside 50 to an undermanned forward line and for some reason expecting things to magically change - When Sonsie tried to lower the eyes a couple of times when going inside 50 I gleefully yelled in my lounge room because someone actually tried something different. It may not have worked but I honestly do not care. Liam Jones was having his way with us all night and we kept bending over and presenting to him like we enjoyed every second of it. I'm not sure what is being said throughout the week as this has been an issue for all of 2023 and now all of 2024.
  • Stagnant forward line + Stagnant midfielders - When entering our F50 nobody moves, nobody leads. Nobody tries to create space. No one tries to draw away the intercept defenders. It's just flat and stagnant. Why? I have no idea. I assume so that we have numbers at the fall of the ball to force an inside 50 stoppage but that clearly isn't working as it bounces out just as fast as it comes in. When we are exiting our D50 it's more of the same. No movement and kicking long just to force another stoppage.
  • Player and general injury management - Someone explain to me how a group of imbeciles on BigFooty can see ahead of time how much of a bad idea it is to bring players straight back into the AFL after a soft tissue injury but our whole medical department and strength and conditioning teams can't see it? Graham was out with hamstring tightness last week and shock horror he does his hammy half way through the game. Why not play him in the VFL for a half so he can build match fitness and not just training fitness which we all know isn't the same thing.

Look, I could really go on but I'm tired and in a shitty mood. Such a disheartening performance.

Edit: One more thing, how on earth were we slipping over all night. How does that happen? I never want to see it again.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The truth is, with this new set of injuries, no one is likely to get dropped. There's almost nothing in the cupboard.
Yet that is the coaches fault. Most weeks we get injuries. Even Sydney or Geel would struggle.

I wish we could.

Put every injured (or sore) player who needs it into rehab and just call the season.

Dow, Sonsie, HRS, Young and MRJ all showed signs they deserve to be persevered with, but that's about the only spin I can put on it.
Much as I try to be optimistic, I just can't see Dow making it. He's played 1 very good game this season out of 9 (v Melbourne) and a slightly above average game (v Swans). Has recorded just 1 tackle total last 2 weeks after 8 tackles in Dees game alone (had 15 tackles over a 3 week period - Dees, Eagles + Saints). Scoreboard wise has a grand total of 0.2 for the season. Averaging less than 15 touches a game. 5th season in - too lightly built. His upside is minimal IMO.

wondering if yze is a curse....since he turned up things have gone to absolute dog
s**t.
Really it started going that way last season. Injuries then and same now and crappy performances.

I watched roughly 2 minutes of the game and knew we were not on and also that bs non htb decision with JUH I turned it off
Everyone has to remember this is exactly how Dimma started with us we have major injuries and yze has no options whatsoever this is a blessing in disguise he will be a good coach he will figure out who can’t play and be moved on I would move on Pickett ,short ,kmac,grimes retire ,Prestia retire maybe dusty retire ,Graham ,baker will want to leave and
Maybe Rioli and I think we should entertain a trade for Bolton we are at rock bottom right now we can rebuild through the draft with high end picks also we will have a s**t load of cap space it can turn around quickly I would say within 3 years we will be challenging again

Back