Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Bulldogs & Changes for R10 vs Brisbane

Best on ground

• 1. N. Vlastuin

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • * Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

the writing was on the wall from the first minute, Dogs were on heat last night, had something to prove and really wouldve betten anyone last night.

They schooled us, in disposal, always seem to have a free man to kick to, a free man to handball too,
Their running to make space when they didnt have the ball was elite, when we had the ball they were covering everywhere. Not to mention we got outcoached, outmarked, out bodied and outskilled.
They were on last night and we paid for it.
They're not that good as Hawthorn showed last week if you pressure them. We are just a terrible football side that' s poorly prepared fitness wise and tactically.

Very quickly? We made finals for 8-years out of 10 from 2013-2022. Won three flags. Made a PF. 10-years of making finals then winning flags in an 18-team competition is quick to you?

When you’re fighting the tide for so long, with inexperienced players taking the load, at some stage the dam wall is going to burst.

We were never going to be highly competitive every week with the season from hell we’ve had thus far. There’ll be more of these losses, especially with another spate of injuries as we had tonight.

It’ll be a good thing in the long run… no papering over cracks. 2024 has to be about getting the remaining 14-games into as many kids as possible so when we have the quality troops back in 2025 they are not surrounded by too
many players with less than 15-games.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Well, that’s true, but it is also mismanagement of our list. They can both be true at the same time, and I feel like our list managers are escaping the heat too much.

We did absolutely nothing to keep ourselves afloat. We needed to look at bringing in midfielders as early as 2018. It took until after the 2022 season for us to bring in Taranto and Hopper. We needed good KPDs as early as 2019 when Rance retired. It took until the 2021 off-season for them to address it… by bringing in a 30+ Robbie Tarrant. We needed KPFs the moment Riewoldt started his decline in 2021. We addressed it in 2023 off-season… by bringing in Kositsche? We didn’t manage our list preemptively. It was all reactive. Even bringing across Lynch was reactive. People forget that we only had Riewoldt in 2017. What would’ve happened if he went down?

The thing is, our run brought us a status of being one of the biggest Victorian sides going through one of the most dominant periods in the modern era. Yet, we did not use that to our advantage at all. I note that the messaging from the club over those years was that they were going to go to the draft and “rebuild on the run” so that the draftees would be ready to take over when our veterans left. If it wasn’t expressly said, then it was heavily implied. That’s why they weren’t bringing in anyone of note from 2017-2021 aside from Lynch. Because they were going to hit the draft.

Turns out that we put way too much trust in Matt Clarke and others responsible for drafting players to keep us well-placed for the future. We’re still relying on the same ones we relied on in our Premiership era other than Taranto and Hopper. We don’t rely on anyone drafted from 2018-2023, which is why our list’s future still looks bleak. Even Gibcus isn’t someone we rely on (probably through no fault of his own). It’s just his position that we rely on.

Good teams inevitably fall down, but our bad strategy of relying on Matt Clarke and the draft crew contributed to this mess. And the key people that planned our future will all be gone by year’s end (Balme, Peggy, Gale, Hardwick, and Clarke). Such is life I guess

I been doing some projections for the season - I'm very certain we wont be playing finals this year ... and probably not next year or the year after.

Out
Dusty - no point taking him to Brisbane.
Banks - concussion
Graham - for being fat
Rioli M - injured
Campbell or Mansell - let them fight and see who stays in
I feel like Mansell could be a pretty decent player if the ball was coming in more.

Dear tugga and other mods, if our team performance is gonna go back to the Frawley/Wallace years, can we please reinstate all the banned Tiger accounts from 2006 to 2017 please. I feel the newer members need to get a taste of the "real tiger board" of when we were shithouse. I feel we need this.

IMG_3218.gif

IMG_0451.gif

they've been off form thats all, they showed what they could do.
We are undisciplined mate and poorly coached and physically prepared . We can't do the basic 1%ers right. Hold up play , stick a tackle, man up, get matchups right etc etc. We are a horrible football side atm and the heat has to be turned up on the senior group otherwise Yze will be erecting HIS personal Wooden Spoon photos.

When you say, he’s not a Richmond man, is his failing he didn’t play for the tiges? I’m genuinely interested in how that relates, logically, to coaching success. I’m also interested in how getting angry (publicly) is a success criteria.

He’s less than 10 games into the tenure, has a shocking injury list, has a group we all know needs to regenerate - none of this he can control (if not so, please enlighten me), I’d say we need to develop what we have for rest of the season, make tough calls at season end, but too much heat on the coach right now is counter productive and not helpful. Mind you, he’s big boy I’m sure he can take it, more it’s just a waste of time/effort all round. And those saying Mini would have been better. We made our choice, get behind it! Counterproductive to anything else.

Please refrain from bringing facts into this thread as it ruins the mood for the vocal minority who only seem to show up when we're going poorly, but nowhere to be seen when times are good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I been doing some projections for the season - I'm very certain we wont be playing finals this year ... and probably not next year or the year after.
It will be another 37 year wait going by the current mindset. The whole club has simply switched off. No accountability whatsoever. Last night was an utter disgrace, a waste of a Saturday night.

Oh well, we are almost 4 years into it, just 33 years to go.

Please refrain from bringing facts into this thread as it ruins the mood for the vocal minority who only seem to show up when we're going poorly, but nowhere to be seen when times are good.
Who are they ? I've read this throw away line before , but it seems to be the usual lot from both parties. I think you're attention seeking and gaslighting.

Scared Fran Healy GIF by Travis

We are undisciplined mate and poorly coached and physically prepared . We can't do the basic 1%ers right. Hold up play , stick a tackle, man up, get matchups right etc etc. We are a horrible football side atm and the heat has to be turned up on the senior group otherwise Yze will be erecting HIS personal Wooden Spoon photos.
agree with all your points, But dogs were on fire hense and along with everything we agree with is why we lost by nearly 100 points, Im not pissed off this morning or last night. I was expecting it after the first five minutes of watching the game.
not my usual self as I normally yell at the telly. I was quiet and observing, looking for positives.

I am happy to get the good draft pick but i don't like being laughed at, I've had enough of that for many years prior to our dynasty.

No-one’s laughing. Do u remember laughing at the Hawks or Lions post dynasty? We squeezed every drop out of our list and have 3 x flags to show … most teams don’t even have a GF appearance in the last decade, let alone 3 x cups.

agree with all your points, But dogs were on fire hense and along with everything we agree with is why we lost by nearly 100 points, Im not pissed off this morning or last night. I was expecting it after the first five minutes of watching the game.
not my usual self as I normally yell at the telly. I was quiet and observing, looking for positives.
I was expecting the result as i knew we were too short and their talls would get enough chances, but i didn't expect us to be beaten so easily in every other area. It was abysmal and that was the hard pill to swallow. Positives, well our voting system for players above shows it. Said it in the Yze thread Flossy is the only senior player that cares and gives his all for the team. He should be captain rather than the undisciplined and lazy sod we currently have.

Last edited:
Did you find any?
Our young players looked to have run and skill -which I liked, they dont look flat footed. but they dont yet have the run that is required to make position to allow your team mates an easy pass or handball, this is a very understated skill and is crucial for a win- the dogs killed us in that skill last night.

But it will get there, they just need game time and experience.
I like our back line, they will be fine players given the chance. hard to play when the ball is being hammered in like it has been.

Id be looking at Pickett, short, mac, TT, hopper, dusty, Prestia to retire and be traded next year. reload with some quality draft picks.

Back